RE: POLL: "My Games" or "My Programs"
i think my games and my programs must in. i have games and programs (programs and scripts)
ditto, i can't see why you wouldn't have both - solves the issue altogether and is very intuitive to the end user.

anyway, my 2 cents...
why not put the titles of the menu items in the ini? that would solve this problem easily, rather than having the titles hard coded one or the other. if the underlying function/code is exactly the same, and it's only an issue of text changing, why wouldn't you just have it user setable in the ini? if it's a skinning issue, why not allow users to set the labels for the buttons in the ini that can override the skin label. i believe the skin button text is just text on a button bitmap, and not text within the bitmap. if it's not, that's not a very good way to skin.
just alter it in strings.xml

has nothing to do with skinning, unless they are doing something non-standard.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

call me picky, but still, whatever it is that finally goes, i just do not get the "my…" part. will there be another entry for "your games" or what?
we have separate folders for games and programs, so why not both? sounds like logic to me.

both would be perfect guys!

yeah a game isn't a programme, so it isn't as bad as it sounds to make 2 groups, for apps & for games (like avalaunch also does).
and why not a 3rd, -my emulators- while we're at it ?

this is the very reason why i made the poll closed for discussion. we're in a featurefreeze now, no major changes will be made
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i would say booth my programs and my games is needed,
and my emulators and my homebrew at the same time..

properly script browser and script installer should also be added.
i must agree with i just do not get the "my ..." part.

emulators can be in my programs too. i think it is better both to have.

my games for games (on hdd or homebrew-games)
my programs for the other things (programs, dashboards, scripts, emus, and so on..)
i think the whole "my games" thing is kinda silly as there are subcatagories under it. such as programs, emulators, and games, or whatever is in the dvd-rom. besides, games are programs too. i mean under windows you wouldn't normally rename "my programs" to "my office software" would you, even if mostly what you had in it was office software. you might have other things under that menu. you would have it under a submenu under "my programs" named approprietly. i really hope the default isn't changed.
i have to agree "my programs" is much better.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i just wanted to chime in that i prefer "my programs" be labled "my xbox". this seems to be more fitting.
edit xbmc/languages/english/strings.xml then :fixed:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE: POLL: "My Games" or "My Programs"0