RE: POLL: "My Games" or "My Programs"
the games/programs labeling issue does not need so much attention. because so many users want each label both should be added to strings.xml. skinners can use bools to create a toggle to change between each stringid. problem solved.
adding both to strings.xml is trivial. due to demand of both options it would be most simple to use a skinning bool condition to change games/program. this is the most flexible, userfriendly solution. it should keep all camps happy because it accomidates all users. (makes total maybe 10 extra lines of skinning xml)

i dont understand what something so trivial is recieving so much attention
Huh

loto
(loto_bak @ mar. 14 2006,01:19 Wrote:the games/programs labeling issue does not need so much attention. because so many users want each label both should be added to strings.xml. skinners can use bools to create a toggle to change between each stringid. problem solved.
this is actually what i did with my skin a week ago, but it doesn't work.. since <info> doesn't overwrite the <label> ,atleast not on the buttonscroller.
wouldnt useing two different button scrollers with oposite visible conditions based apon the bool
has anyone considered having both? this is way its done in a lot of other xbox software and there aren't many compliants. it seems logical to me to consider xbox games as seperate from homebrew software since xbox games were developed by studios for the xbox while all the apps were developed as homebrew for a modified xbox and naturally those are two different things.

having my games makes no sense because you have software that isn't game related at all. having my programs does make some sense but i think its confusing to new people where to find games. so why not have both with the option to turn off my games?
nuff said
(loto_bak @ mar. 15 2006,20:00 Wrote:wouldnt useing two different button scrollers with oposite visible conditions based apon the bool
yeah thats possible, but not very efficient to have a whole buttonscroller for just 1 label.. Sad , but jmarshall fixed it, so now it does work, and you can rename it to anything you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE: POLL: "My Games" or "My Programs"0