Occasional Frames Dropping
Some videos drop frames (the image freezes up briefly) every 20 or 30 seconds, sometimes every minute or so, but otherwise play back very smoothly. 1080p, 720p, doesn't really matter, and it's only some encodes. Strangely, these same files playback fine in VLC.

I'm running XBMC 12.3 with only a handful of plugins, all of which I've tried removing to see if it made any difference. I also did a clean install of XBMC on a different machine, absolutely no add-ons, basic Confluence skin and everything, and it has the same issue. Tried a variety of the both the latest and the somewhat less recent nVidia drivers. Running on a GTX 770 (gaming/HTPC rig). I have XBMC running in true full screen with vertical blank sync enabled to eliminate tearing, but I've tried full screen windowed with vertical blank sync disabled as well. Both sync playback to display and adjust refresh rate are disabled (but I've tried it with those enabled as well).

Any ideas?
debug log (wiki)
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Here is the link to my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138181

Looks like it's around line 2106 that the movie gets loaded. It's Winter's Bone in this instance. It happened with a different movie the other day. But I've also watched movies where it didn't happen. Thanks for your help!
I'm unsure if it's an issue with the log paste or something a bit more involving, but from line 2183 thru 5114 it's indicating the same time stamp and this INFO: ffmpeg[FEC]: [matroska,webm] Unknown entry 0xF0 which looks like a decode error. Further on you have some serious discontinuity errors, which smacks of an audio issue.

With your processor you should be able to go without DXVA2 (at least for now) and in the audio section set for analog & direct sound speakers, see what does for you. Go over your audio settings with http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
I will try disabling DXVA2. Presently I'm using WASAPI for sound output so that I can playback HD audio streams, direct sound chokes on those, and generally has sync issues with non-HD streams. I'll take a look at the thread you linked. Thanks!
You're trying to play 24p material on 60Hz with passthrough audio and sync method audio clock.
This is not going to fly.

The log says your display can do 24p, so enable sync display to video with method drop/dupe.
If that doesn't help, please try with a gotham nightly.
(2014-02-25, 08:42)wsnipex Wrote: The log says your display can do 24p, so enable sync display to video with method drop/dupe.
If that doesn't help, please try with a gotham nightly.

That setting resulted in the audio dropping out for a second or two every couple minutes.
I think I have the same problem when watching 3d films on mashup. Every time it happens the speakers make a crackle noise at the same time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional Frames Dropping0