Xbmc - synology mkv
Hello, i am using apple tv 2 To stream movies from My
Synology.
I can find the nas, maps of movies, but if i click the map,
Then i cant find the mkv files!!
What am i doing wrong ?!
Permissions on the files, most likely - either the rwx permissions themselves, or as the user you've defined on the Synology box so that you can connect from the ATV2. Check permissions/file ownership with ls -la on the directory (which would allow you to see the files) and the files themselves (which would allow you to open the files).
(2014-02-23, 12:52)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Permissions on the files, most likely - either the rwx permissions themselves, or as the user you've defined on the Synology box so that you can connect from the ATV2. Check permissions/file ownership with ls -la on the directory (which would allow you to see the files) and the files themselves (which would allow you to open the files).

Where do i find the permissions?!
The best way is to ssh in and run ls -la on the directories/files themselves, as I said.

If you can't do that, you should be able to right-click on a file name from most OSes and get a view on the permissions. I know nothing of Apple devices, but I would expect XBMC to have the same permissions as the ATV itself (not necessarily, though!), so maybe try navigating to those files through whatever Apple uses as a file explorer.

XBMC also includes a file manager so, again, navigate to those files through that and see if you can open them from there. It's a process of isolating the problem, I'm afraid, so you'll have to try several routes to see what works and what doesn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc - synology mkv0