• 15(current)
Release Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
(2014-10-06, 17:44)Pomm Wrote: Does the normal Spotify app work with the FTV remote? Tried to sideload the APK but it doesn't react on the remote....

Actually - unfortunately not. I connected a keyboard when initially starting spotify on the FTV to type in username and password as it remembers that. I then just control what I wanted from my spotify iPhone app.

For what I need at the moment that is fine for me as I'll have the TV turned off and FTV going through my amp/receiver
Wink 
So I've just come back to xbmc after a few months traveling. I found and installed this version 1.2.0 on xbmcbuntu, restarted and boom ... spotify!!!

Thank you this is ridiculously good, lightweight and what I've been looking for in a Spotify addon!
Maybe it's mentioned before, but i would like to see an auto queue functie. Instead of getting the context menu up and say queue item, the possibility to just click on a song like the build in feature of xbmc. Is that possible?

Another thing i've noticed is that Is only showing the title and not the artist in lists even when it's set to "artist - title"
I tried this addon yesterday, I am already liking it a lot Smile
Was wondering if there is a way to operate the search only through Yatse? Atm you need to keep the tv on to use the search function...
Playlists work even without using the TV so that's excellent Smile
I've installed Spotlight (and I like it!), but I'm encountering stuttering issues. I had similar issues with Spotimc and I had hoped that Spotlight would reolve them, but unfortunately it didn't.
I'm running Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi B+, and I've checked all the usual suspects:
- Power supply is okay
- CPU is within acceptable range at playback (~50%)
- Spotify works fine from my Win8 laptop, so servers can't be the problem
- Streaming 1080p content from internet works flawlessly

Here's a logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=340868

Anybody with suggestions to what could be the cause?
Does this work on helix?
This addon works helix Huh I am however willing to test the Helix beta1

Friends, I'm using Helix and is working for me.
Think i'll move back to Spotimc to many bugs and seems like it's abandoned by the developer. A shame it was a really great add-on. Thanks for your work
https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/commits/all

No commits for les than 8 weeks means abandoned? You and I have a different definition of abandoned I guess.
(2014-11-18, 11:57)Frank-NL Wrote: https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/commits/all

No commits for les than 8 weeks means abandoned? You and I have a different definition of abandoned I guess.

Well I look at the latest release 1.2.0, that dates from 05-25-2014.
The latest release of SpotiMC was 01-31-2014. 4 months before the latest of Spotlight.
is there any way to remotly tell xbmc to play a specific playlist using this? ether by jsonrpc or if this addon has its own api?
it sais "Spotlight service add-on uses port 8000 by default", can i with this control the addon or get information?
I'm using Spotlight instead of spotimc, because it blends well in xbmc.
But I miss certain features. When I search for something, it only presents songs. Not playlists and albums. Is there way to change this? I'd like to see all results in those categories (artist, song, album, playlist).
posted in the wrong place. disregard.

The legend carries only if you have built into separate movie does not charge!
Hello,

I've just registered on this forum and I am pretty impressed by all you can achieve in Kodi

I have not yet received my htpc parts so no set up or installation of Kodi as been done yet. And so before giving it a try, I was wondering a few questions regarding this add-on.
Does it support gapless playback ?
Does it support rendering through wasapi exclusive or ASIO if selected in Kodi?
And finally does it support Spotify features like :
- my music organized by artist, album
- radios

My other option, until those are supported would be Spotify outside of Kodi with Spotify connect from smartphone but no simple way to get ASIO or WASAPI.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on2