Bug XBMC Bug! (Wrong "Linknaming" in Musicnavigation!!!)
Didn't touth this gonna be so hard.

Maby i miss someting essential??

Did Do a Video which shows my thuths.
(Sry bout my English, propably you'll got someting to laugh Wink )

in a Post before someone ask about the reason of the Currently "Link-Naming" (think Prof Yaffle asks this). In my Opinion its More like a Titel which tells you what you actualy see, then a "Link-Name" which tells you where it guieds you to. Or maby the developer just mess around with the labels.

If im not completly wrong, this could propably be Ockhams raser.
'List all' or 'All items' so there's no confusion as to what is being displayed.
(2014-02-26, 18:29)Hitcher Wrote: 'List all' or 'All items' so there's no confusion as to what is being displayed.
u mean "List all" or "All items" instead of the suggestet "All Songs" or "All Tracks"?

Think "All Tracks" or "All Songs" would Nail it better, but O.K.

but its not the Only Label which needs in my Opinion a chanche. i think there are at least two.
it realy seems like the "Link-Naming" tells you what you actualy see instead of where it guides you to.
All Items seems reasonable to me. Note this is as simple as changing language/English/strings.po i.e. YOU can do it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-26, 23:26)jmarshall Wrote: All Items seems reasonable to me.
OK. I'll be fine with it.

But!!
Quote:but its not the Only Label which needs in my Opinion a chanche. i think there are at least two.
it realy seems like the "Link-Naming" tells you what you actualy see instead of where it guides you to.
(Labels see First Post)

To be honest i wasnt just confused about the Navigation, i was also confused, that this during the last XBMC versions never been fixed. (Exept i get something wrong, which istnt the case as it looks now.) So if this Finaly! been done (and im not wrong!) this is pretty cool.

(2014-02-26, 23:26)jmarshall Wrote: Note this is as simple as changing language/English/strings.po i.e. YOU can do it.
Didnt got a Git Account, and wouldnt knew where to search for these Labels.

Regards
Here the Final thoughts

While Browsing by Genre

While Browsing By Genre - > then Artist

Finaly i think i got the thougts of @Hitcher and @Professor. (for me its just confusing)

(I realy dont wanna blame anybody but:
What I laernd everiwhere in the PC-UI World is: "If i click on something it guieds me there"!! (for example if i click on "impressum it guides me to "impressum"
Where in the World should "All Artists" guide me to "All Albums" -> this where my thoughts. (as i said i knew now your/there thougths, but still thinks its just "wrong" / confusing.)

confusing.

Probably its kinde of the same as in this Video thold between 12:38 and 14:38.

Dont knew if this is a "Programmer vs. User" dillema or a cultural. (or just Bad UI design.) or at least a Bug, which isnt the case as i've got to guess now.

--------
I still think its a easy Fix (cause its just about chanching and/or adding labels / Label Nr.'s in the c++ code, i guess)
i think its worth to Fix it.

Regards.
Well, it must be confusing, otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation, so there's clearly room for improvement.

@Rantanplan-1: it's a simple strings file, you can edit it locally. If you navigate to /usr/share/xbmc/language/English/strings.po and look at lines 5666+, you have:

Code:
msgctxt "#15102"
msgid "* All albums"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#15103"
msgid "* All artists"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#15104"
msgid "* All songs"
msgstr ""

Change these strings and you'll change the labels as far as I can tell. Test a few things, see if the suggestion of "* All items" works for you when it's on the screen - I am assuming that these labels are unique to this context. If it does, we can move to changing it as a default. If no-one gets there before me, I'll open a github account and figure out how to create and submit a PR - it's about time I did.
(2014-02-27, 15:08)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Well, it must be confusing, otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation, so there's clearly room for improvement.

@Rantanplan-1: it's a simple strings file, you can edit it locally. If you navigate to /usr/share/xbmc/language/English/strings.po and look at lines 5666+, you have:

Code:
msgctxt "#15102"
msgid "* All albums"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#15103"
msgid "* All artists"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#15104"
msgid "* All songs"
msgstr ""

Change these strings and you'll change the labels as far as I can tell. Test a few things, see if the suggestion of "* All items" works for you when it's on the screen - I am assuming that these labels are unique to this context. If it does, we can move to changing it as a default. If no-one gets there before me, I'll open a github account and figure out how to create and submit a PR - it's about time I did.

Thanks will give it a try localy, as i see there exist a label for "All Songs" so it seems there isn't a need for new Labels.
guess add the String for the actual Genre in the top (Hmm how should i call it) "where you are-Thing" could be tricky.
Additional thoughts

"Show All" instead of the suggested "All Albums" would of course be O.K.
It would fit best if in there would be a "Link" to "All Singles" beside the Albums (which would be cool!)

Regards
@Prof Yaffle:

Would like to ask if you did a Pull request. / if you where abel to do a..
I've Installed now Beta3 and as it seems nothing chanched.
Or does someone oppose the suggestion?
No, I just never got round to it - I've been hacking around with the tvheadend code instead of looking at XBMC, but I'll stick it back on my to-do list if I get a chance.
(2014-04-12, 19:15)Prof Yaffle Wrote: but I'll stick it back on my to-do list if I get a chance.
Image gr8 to hear!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Bug! (Wrong "Linknaming" in Musicnavigation!!!)0