XBMC / tvheadend - transcoding and icons
Hi

I've created a tvheadend server, and all seems to be working ok although a bit more tweaking maybe needed. however XBMC works fine connecting to the tvheadend when in local internal network however is there a way to get xbmc to use the transcoding, so I can use it externally? I can't see anything on this?

The other thing is channel icons are more important in XBMC as they look good rather than a listing. is there a way that xbmc can get these automatically? or can tvheadend get them automatically.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks
For icons in XBMC do the following in TVHeadend (3.9.xxx), Menu: Configuration->Channel/EPG->Channels column "Icon" enter something like "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/hires/nn/nederland1_hd.png"
Or save them somewhere with the same name as the channel, and then use System -> Settings -> Live TV -> Menu/OSD ... in here there are two options, "Default folder" and "Scan for missing icons". Nothing I've found is entirely automatic, unfortunately, although there are scripts that try to help - have a search of the tvheadend forum, I'm sure I saw something over there.

For transcoding, I think you may have to compile it yourself with the right libraries on your system, and it'll then appear as an option. I don't think you can send a transcoded stream to XBMC, though, but you can to VLC and similar. Again, there's much on the tvheadend forum, although much is from people who've been struggling rather than succeeding.
I happened to stumble across this as well, which suggests that you can transcode to XBMC:

http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2013/1...le-to.html
I believe the transcoding dialog was fixed very recently so that it actually shows up (I don't know if it's under client specific settings or in the actual addon properties dialog).

Regarding channel icons you can automate it to a certain degree by configuring an XMLTV grabber in tvheadend, it should populate the icon URL column for the channels it finds an icon for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC / tvheadend - transcoding and icons0