Read tags inside a MKV ?
It would probably only take some moderate scripting to extract the metadata from the mkv and put it in a .nfo file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This would be very awesome indeed. We just need to find a programmer who's interested in trying to implement it :)
Was looking at mkv tools today, does anyone have a sample mkv file with full metadata that I can play with?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Perhaps I could send you a MKV with a lot of tags/metadata ? Do you want to play with in order to "convert" to .nfo or integrate into XBMC ?
(2014-02-25, 08:55)Ned Scott Wrote: This would be very awesome indeed. We just need to find a programmer who's interested in trying to implement it Smile

Agreed. Perhaps if xbmc could read the headers it would cut down on the wait time when playing mkv's. Especially 3D.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-25, 12:57)NicCo Wrote: Perhaps I could send you a MKV with a lot of tags/metadata ? Do you want to play with in order to "convert" to .nfo or integrate into XBMC ?
yes please. My first approach was going to be to write the info to a xbmc compatible nfo.
Just out of curiosity, are all the header properties defined in nfo's. I know I haven't seen any sample nfo's that included things like video language or stereoscopic mode. It could be that they were just incomplete samples.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-25, 21:00)nickr Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 12:57)NicCo Wrote: Perhaps I could send you a MKV with a lot of tags/metadata ? Do you want to play with in order to "convert" to .nfo or integrate into XBMC ?
yes please. My first approach was going to be to write the info to a xbmc compatible nfo.
I'll make a MKV sample with a small video and a lot of tags and I'll send you when I'm ready.
I am not sure, I will be having to look into all of that.
I took a downloaded trailer for 21 Jump Street and added tags to it, as if it were the full movie:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2340...Street.mov
Cheers, I'll download it at home tonight.
(2014-02-26, 01:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I took a downloaded trailer for 21 Jump Street and added tags to it, as if it were the full movie:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2340...Street.mov
Hold on, weren't we talking mkv's?
I thought there was already partial tag reading support for reading the stereoscopy tag, is that not the case?

Please keep in mind that there are also an audio version of matroska with the .mka file extension. They are already playable in XBMC, but can't yet be added to the music library because of the missing tag reader support. I can probably whip up a test file if needed.

Edit:
I think I might have misunderstood what was being worked on. You're working on an external script or add-on, rather than a tag reader?
Hi,
Could you try this link : http://dl.free.fr/fEM7KO6iV
If it doesn't work, I'll upload it on another provider.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read tags inside a MKV ?0