• 100(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Well if mediaportal is not working, xbmc can't so get things sorted one at a time. Mediaportal first. Once that is working, and xbmc doesn't, go to the pvr subforum. This is unlikely a 2820 problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-25, 13:04)nickr Wrote: Well if mediaportal is not working, xbmc can't so get things sorted one at a time. Mediaportal first. Once that is working, and xbmc doesn't, go to the pvr subforum. This is unlikely a 2820 problem.

Yeah all cool. I have looked it up and it is a MS issue, as in Windows 8/.1 they install their own USB3 hub stack, which then makes USB 2 ports virtual ports off the Microsoft USB3 hub controller which has caused heaps of issues with a lot of USB2 devices. (IE they are seen as keyboards for one thing lol)

I am just updating to windows 8.1 Update 1 to see if that fixes the issue and if not their is a post on how to install the Intel USB3 drivers for win7 x64 on 8.1 etc
http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8...ontrollers

Should have just stuck with Win7!

Just thought I would post the reply in case other people foolish enough to install windows 8.1, can get a solution if their USB2 tuners don't work.
Just use a real OS.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-25, 13:00)xbs08 Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 04:20)pr0xZen Wrote: Anyone experienced quite a notable drop in performance with decoding xvid, in Gotham 13.1 releases? I've been trying to go through all the various settings and tweaks to see if something was forgotten (settings lost during update) - but wanted to hear if other users were experiencing similar issues.
What's the average CPU usage during xvid/ac3 playback?
Xvid: 1280x720 avg. 4Mb/s - AC3: 5.1 448kb/s - framerate: 23.976 fps.
Average CPU load: 65-75%

(2014-06-26, 12:04)zzenz Wrote: [...]
I am just updating to windows 8.1 Update 1 to see if that fixes the issue and if not their is a post on how to install the Intel USB3 drivers for win7 x64 on 8.1 etc
http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8...ontrollers
Should have just stuck with Win7!
Just thought I would post the reply in case other people foolish enough to install windows 8.1, can get a solution if their USB2 tuners don't work.
Please let us know if the update helped you. Also, check if here are more recent drivers for the DN2820FYKH available, than those you currently use. Win8(.1) has had and still have its quirks and issues, just like all other OS'es. The same goes for the Intel drivers for this NUC, and the USB hardware itself. USB issues were the main reason given by Intel, for the N2830 update.
This thread is vast, and some users only come by once in a while. If you're patient, then someone who has encountered your issue might come by. That said, I agree that you're more likely to get a (faster) response in the PVR forum section.

(2014-06-26, 12:23)nickr Wrote: Just use a real OS.
Please nickr, don't go there. I don't want to step on any feet, least of all a 5-year senior member - but those members of all, should strive to keep this form of "flavour preference "debate" " out of topics and threads not dedicated to that particular bicker. Every OS has its strong points/sides, its weak sides / quirks, varying degree of ease of use - - not to mention, all have their bugs (if not the OS itself then through the software applied), some have wider support wihin certain areas - and so on and so forth. Its a pointless argument here, and frankly; Quite a rude response to a decently formulated "question".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I don't think you'll have that USB problem with Linux.

I am not a windows fan, but I use 7 daily at work and regard it as good by windows standards. In fact I quite like it. However from what I have seen of 8 I hate it.

So hey, my comment could also point to win7.
(2014-06-26, 16:45)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 13:00)xbs08 Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 04:20)pr0xZen Wrote: Anyone experienced quite a notable drop in performance with decoding xvid, in Gotham 13.1 releases? I've been trying to go through all the various settings and tweaks to see if something was forgotten (settings lost during update) - but wanted to hear if other users were experiencing similar issues.
What's the average CPU usage during xvid/ac3 playback?
Xvid: 1280x720 avg. 4Mb/s - AC3: 5.1 448kb/s - framerate: 23.976 fps.
Average CPU load: 65-75%

Tested two files CPU usage is 22%-35% on OE 4.0.6.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Ah, I quess I was kind of sloppy there - Win 8.1 here. I tried reverting to an older Gotham beta FFmpeg2 test build, issue went away. Moved on to Helix nightly (also FFmpeg2), issue still gone. Reverted back to 13.1 to be sure - seems for some reason, my setup plays notably nicer with FFmpeg2.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Hi all, I have the dn2820 running openelec 4.0.4 only, how can I upgrade to 4.0.6, I've clicked check for updates on the xbmc programme but nothing happens.
Step by step would be useful as I'm useless with this at the moment.

Don't know if upgrade will help though as my ps3 bluetooth remote keeps losing connection especially when I switch on. I've seen Xbox one remote mentioned as a good one, is it simple as put batteries in and it works? I like my ps3 one but the connection issue is doing my head in now.
Thanks in advance
(2014-06-29, 12:57)Sniffer77 Wrote: Hi all, I have the dn2820 running openelec 4.0.4 only, how can I upgrade to 4.0.6, I've clicked check for updates on the xbmc programme but nothing happens.
Step by step would be useful as I'm useless with this at the moment.

Don't know if upgrade will help though as my ps3 bluetooth remote keeps losing connection especially when I switch on. I've seen Xbox one remote mentioned as a good one, is it simple as put batteries in and it works? I like my ps3 one but the connection issue is doing my head in now.
Thanks in advance
I had this problem... Seems sometimes it can't update as well as addons. I just had to keep checking. It eventually resolves itself after a day or so.... Try first refresh on the openelec repo.
(2014-06-29, 12:57)Sniffer77 Wrote: [..]
Thanks in advance
What do you mean with when you "switch on" ? Is your NUC in a sleep/suspended state, or "completely off" - and do you "swich on" with the PS button? If yes to the last one - what happens when you toggle this button once OE is up n' going?
EDIT: Guess I should confirm; By PS3 remote, do you mean the PS3 sixaxis stick?
Well I select shutdown from xbmc and have to press power button on nuc or hit sky remote power which works to switch xbmc/openelec on .
Recently the box isn't picking up the remote, I either have to take batteries out and put back or re pair on the bluetooth page.
I'm using the bluetooth ps3 remote not the controller.

I can't seem to refresh the openelec programme either so still can't update software ?

Thanks
Any news about N2830 version?. Is it available to buy?.
(2014-06-29, 23:01)Sniffer77 Wrote: Well I select shutdown from xbmc and have to press power button on nuc or hit sky remote power which works to switch xbmc/openelec on .
Recently the box isn't picking up the remote, I either have to take batteries out and put back or re pair on the bluetooth page.
I'm using the bluetooth ps3 remote not the controller.

I can't seem to refresh the openelec programme either so still can't update software ?

Thanks
Sounds like a pairing issue to me. Is your NUC, or your PS3 controller - paired (bluetooth) with any other device? If this is the case - could be that the NUC picks up that other device faster than the PS3 controller during boot, or the controller connects to that different device when it doesn't detect the NUC anymore.

For a quick test - if you don't have a PS3 active close near-by, you could try to jab the PS button on the controller while the NUC is in early boot stage (I'm not quite sure at what point during boot, OE will start searching for paired BT devices).

(2014-06-29, 23:05)Yorick Wrote: Any news about N2830 version?. Is it available to buy?.
AFAIK, there is no "set date" for the replacement, only for the discontinuation of D2820 produciton. Tthe N2830 is/was set to directly replace the N2820 in the DN2820FYKH NUC, once Intels N2820 stock runs out. The N2830 is more of a new "revision" of the N2820, than a new CPU/SoC. Thus, by the news I've read so far - they intend to keep the (amongst other things) DN2820FYKH "model name".

So from what I can gather - we'll have to wait to hear when someone confirms getting one of these with the N2830 cpu. Someone could still get a N2820 after that point - but seeing how Intel is still vastly behind on the production volume vs market requirements, there is not likely to be much "old stock" lying around. With most retailers and online sellers and distributors - these never even reach the storehouse shelves - they "pretty much" just go straight from the delivery truck to packing for customer delivery.

I know there are quite a the wide varity of import/export rules, challanges - and economic factors - but given the long-standing production-level issues with this model, and the continued strong sales numbers - Intel should just start dropshipping these straight from factory to customer. At least until their new factories are fully up and running.
Hi All,

I have looked but cant find the answer.
I own the N2820 Intel NUC and have just purcahsed a Xbox 360 media remote.
I cant seem to get the remote to work on XBMCbuntu, I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work.
However, If i install OpenELEC it works out of the box.

Does anyone what I need to do to get it to work on XMBCbuntu?
Respone from Intel person (seemingly) regarding availability on 2820 with 2830 CPU

https://communities.intel.com/message/239337#239337
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5