• 111(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Was answered 1000 times ... fix your underscan / overscan settings on your TV. On Samsungs it is called "Fit".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-12, 18:18)fritsch Wrote: Was answered 1000 times ... fix your underscan / overscan settings on your TV. On Samsungs it is called "Fit".

I already have done that quote some time back. Bios is occupying only around 50% of the screen, xbmc works fine.
Bios is most likely sending a vesa mode - that your TV does not understand correctly. I would not invest too much time into getting the bios fullscreen ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Try another HDMI port on the HDTV.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Still haven't updated my bios from 0024 or 0028 whichever it was. Does a stupid resolution on boot

1280 x 1024 lol. It got fixed in the newer updates.

I only really see good looking UEFI on PC monitors or HDMI ports that have PC enabled.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I'm just about to order one of these, but I'm unable to identify exactly what HDMI cable is required. Is it full sized or one of the smaller variants?
Full size.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-09-13, 17:27)keiron99 Wrote: I'm just about to order one of these, but I'm unable to identify exactly what HDMI cable is required. Is it full sized or one of the smaller variants?

In the NUC wiki.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I have a 2820 with 4 gig of memory, 1TB internal HDD, and I'm running Openelec on a USB 2.0 key that I had lying around (which I think is 8 gig). Everything plays fine, but scrolling through menus of album art, etc. is very laggy indeed. I'm trying to figure out what the limiting factor is here so I can improve that aspect, but before I start spending needlessly, what's the most likely hardware culprit? The album art is stored on the HDD, so is that the problem? Would there be any improvement in performance if I upgraded the USB stick? Is this just the way it is with the Celeron processor and heavy skins?

I'd be most grateful if anyone could point the way as I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance!
The artwork is actually cashed on the USB so a faster USB flash drive would probably fix the stutter.

You can also try to run it off the USB 3 port
I didn't realise it cached artwork to the USB, so that's definitely the weak link. I'll pick up a new 3.0 flash drive so.

Thanks for the info!
Make sure you pick one with fast 4k random read.

Google for suggestions there are some sticks recommended for the nuc (because they have the above mentioned fast access speeds).
(2014-09-15, 18:29)Diapason Wrote: I have a 2820 with 4 gig of memory, 1TB internal HDD, and I'm running Openelec on a USB 2.0 key that I had lying around (which I think is 8 gig). Everything plays fine, but scrolling through menus of album art, etc. is very laggy indeed. I'm trying to figure out what the limiting factor is here so I can improve that aspect, but before I start spending needlessly, what's the most likely hardware culprit? The album art is stored on the HDD, so is that the problem? Would there be any improvement in performance if I upgraded the USB stick? Is this just the way it is with the Celeron processor and heavy skins?

I'd be most grateful if anyone could point the way as I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance!

It's not the NUC. I have a 2820 with 2GB RAM and a 60GB SSD running XBMCBuntu, and everything is quite snappy. No lag at all - even with the heavy skins.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5