• 113(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Most likely that load is caused by the visualizations.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What's the CPU speed?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-09-21, 20:43)amedia Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 14:28)noggin Wrote: Not sure there are many IR keyboards out there. There was a Windows Media Center keyboard at one point - but think that was discontinued many years ago. However the Baytrail NUC has integrated Bluetooth doesn't it? Why not try a Bluetooth keyboard instead - much more variety to chose from.

The CIR receiver in the NUC is really aimed at remote controls - particularly RC6 Windows Media Center models (or learning/universal remotes that can pretend to be them)

Thanks, but I usually only buy items after looking at reviews, and regarding people using NUC keyboard remote; reviews are conspicuous by their absent.
I already have a self built media center computer with the excellent K400 board, so I have ordered another USB dongle and use that, for the time being.
Just received the Logitech Unifying Receiver and plugged the small device in at the front. Down loaded the software, and paired it with my Logitech K400 keyboard and it paired within seconds. It is now working very well. I think I read somewhere one can pair up to 6 devices.
(2014-09-21, 10:58)amedia Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 17:08)havfjo Wrote: I'm having some issues with flash performance in Windows 7. (Damn flash...) FullHD videos will play fine, but with slight annoying stutter. Like the screen is not in sync. I've tried different browsers and also changing the frequency on my Samsung, but with no luck. Hardware acc is also enabled in flash settings.

Using the latest intel drivers for bios, gpu and chipset and I've maxed the setting for video memory in the bios. Also win is set to max perf.

XBMC is running like a charm and streaming 1080p (x264) results in zero lag or stutter.
Thinking of updating to win 8, maybe that will help. (I'm unfortunately forced to run win cause of some applications.)

Anyone else?
I have just built the NUC 2820 and upgraded it from 7 to 8.1 with a cheap upgrade 8 pro disc. Having put all the mods like start button etc. I am now testing it with no major issues at the moment. I am now looking for a suitable value for money wireless keyboard to work with the Front panel consumer IR sensor. Has anyone have any recommendations, buying form the UK ?

I just picked up a Logitech K800 wireless keyboard with touchpad at Sam's club for $19.88 in the US, I use these on all my XBMC boxes. I am not sure on the price in the UK, but if it is as bad as the rest of the stuff, it could be shipped.
Hello everyone, I'm considering buying a NUC, and i'm hesitating between the 2820 and the i3 version. I would like to install XBMC on it of course, and Hyperspin as well (in the future). I'm a bit afraid to buy the 2820 only because i don't know if it can handle some "heavy" blu-ray iso (25go or 50go) without lag or stuttering...

Can someone confirm the celeron is handling really well this kind of files?

Thanks for your feedback!
I just got the 2820 last week. I cannot get blu ray isos to play properly though on XBMCbuntu. There is flickering and jaggies. However, I am not sure whether that is the fault of the NUC or XBMC itself.

As far as i am aware, XBMC does not play blu ray files of isos? I thought a licence was needed? This is why I also have a Dune HD Smart player too.
(2014-09-25, 14:04)Mydriaze Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm considering buying a NUC, and i'm hesitating between the 2820 and the i3 version. I would like to install XBMC on it of course, and Hyperspin as well (in the future). I'm a bit afraid to buy the 2820 only because i don't know if it can handle some "heavy" blu-ray iso (25go or 50go) without lag or stuttering...

Can someone confirm the celeron is handling really well this kind of files?

Thanks for your feedback!

Post a demo link and I'll try it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Well, a demo link with 50 go to download?

i got several blu-ray remuxes (main movie, HD audio, without those extra's and menu's)
and XBMC can play them without any issues (if the settings are setup correct).
blu-ray folder structure or blu-ray iso's
the celeron should be strong and fast enough.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Thanks for your feeback, really important to me.No stuttering at all? I'm impressed!
Hi again,

Here some test files with High bitrate: [email protected], 120 Mbps, 430 MB.

http://jell.yfish.us/media/Jellyfish-120-Mbps.mkv

Many other test files here: http://jell.yfish.us
I have tested the 40Mpbs and 60Mbps before and they played fine... downloading the sample 120Mbps now.

Before evrything, a big thank you to you for helping me in my choice. Thanks a lot for your feedback, i appreciate it. Smile

Jellyfish-120-Mbps

I have had this NUC for a couple of weeks now. I'm running 13.2 on XBMCbunt from a USB3 stick, with 3gb RAM.

However, when playing music, I get a lot of stuttering if anything is happening in the background like browsing menus, or if the library is updating. I'm surprised and disappointed at this.

Does anyone else experience this, or have any solutions?
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5