• 70(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-04-15, 22:12)sebibv Wrote: 4. I tested the the HDD (http://storage.toshiba.com/storagesoluti...ifications) with Crystal Disk, HD Sentinel, HD Tune PRO...the smart is ok BUT, in ATTO the speed was arownd 35 MB/s)...can it be a reason to keep the HDD at 100%?
How did you manage to connect this drive to the NUC? According to the link you gave, this is a "PATA" drive - not SATA. HUGE difference.
In case thats just a slip-up on the link - its a 5400rpm budget mechanical drive - those speeds are probably as they should be, and would not cause these issues.

If your drive is actually an entirely different model - please check if it requires jumper settings for different SATA standards (SATA (SATA/150), SATA2 (SATA/300), SATA3 (SATA/600) etc. AFAIK, this NUC won't go higher than SATA2 (SATA/300). Drives should be backwards compatible, but some require a jumper setting.

Quote:Ok, tomorrow I want to install the NUC behind the TV. How can i check the coverage of the IR sensor? I don't have an MCE remote but I gave an Samsung S4 phone with IR sensor. What aplication can I use for testing?
IR is light - requires "line of sight" - so I doubt you'll be able to control by IR if you put your NUC behind the TV.

For Android, there is a very great and highly configurable XBMC remote called Yatse ( http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...roidwidget ) - this works over wifi so need for "line of sight".

Quote:PS can I install OpenELEC on a USB memory (2.0 or 3)?
Yes you can. If you google or search a bit in this very thread, you should find many a good guide for doing this. Here is one, https://communities.intel.com/message/221355 . Please read the whole 1-page thread, there are some updated pointers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Thank you for your answer.

It is a little bit strange because the hdd is an s-ata drive and on my laptop is working well.
For the moment i'm going to put the mechanical drive into the laptop.
I will ask you more if will need more help.
Thank you all.
Hello everybody...i just want inputs from people here who have this intel box already...thinking of getting one as its back in stock again here in UK..is it worth it for xbmc ...??does it run windows well enough...??thanks..
Hello all, first time posting, long time lurking Smile.

Im 2 clicks away from buying this box, the only thing bothering me is my lack of knowledge surrounding remotes. Anyone have a list of working remotes?
Currently thinking about PS3 blue ray remote, but I don't now if it'll work.

Cheers
RC6 protocol remotes will work.
The one in my sig works fine in OE and I can power on/off the NUC with it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-04-16, 19:43)xbs08 Wrote: RC6 protocol remotes will work.

Thanks! think i'll grab that one
Logitech harmony also work as they can emulate the R6 protocolo.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Lenovo MCE remote also works great. I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Microsoft-C...d_sxp_f_pt

This posting is for kit with receiver, but you only need the remote. Can be had on ebay for $7-8 USD incl. shipping. Quality is surprisingly decent for the price - but no hi-end stuff of course.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-16, 19:11)Reinke Wrote: Hello all, first time posting, long time lurking Smile.

Im 2 clicks away from buying this box, the only thing bothering me is my lack of knowledge surrounding remotes. Anyone have a list of working remotes?
Currently thinking about PS3 blue ray remote, but I don't now if it'll work.

Cheers

Hi Reinke,
Bagpuss included this link a few pages back in this post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187999

It gives an overview of a few remotes which could be good to try.

RLTW
Many remotes that can be programmed for MCE can be used. For example I'm using my DirecTV remote to control my NUC.
Hi All, I'm like Reinke first time posting, long time lurking hehe

So I've bought one of these NUC and it's great so far, OpenElec no problems.

I have 2 questions you guys might be able to help with

- When I use the TV remote for power or channel change it turns de NUC On but nothing else seems to work

I saw the pr0xZen's post on the MCE remote, think I might buy one of those but the problem above will still happen.

Is there a way to make the NUC ignore the TV remote and use another remote?
And I also agree that CEC functionality is great in the Raspberry Pi and should work on the Nuc, but that is another story.

- Regarding OS picking, ok openelec is great and fast ootb but I want some more flexibility.
Windows seems like an overkill for what I want.
Does anyone have the NUC running any linux release 100%?
I saw something regarding a xbmc ubuntu but not sure how limited/open it is, or if it works on this NUC.

Thanks in advance for any help,
T.
(2014-04-16, 20:17)xbs08 Wrote: Logitech harmony also work as they can emulate the R6 protocolo.

Yep, I'm using a Harmony Smart Control. I added the device as a "Microsoft device->Media Center Extender" which seems to have the fastest response time out of all the MCE profiles I tried. Button presses have no discernible delay. Only changes I made were making the Record button to turn subtitles on and off, making the menu key do contextual menu and also changed the MCE red button to update the library. Other than that it worked out of the box, channel up/down pages up, info/etc works perfectly. Great little remote, just wish it was backlit but the ability to also use your phone is great and the battery life is a good 8-12 months so I guess I can't complain.

Its nice being able to use the remote without direct line of sight too, the IR blaster is very powerful. I still can't shake the habit sometimes and end up pointing at the screen.
(2014-04-16, 19:43)xbs08 Wrote: RC6 protocol remotes will work.

What about Windows 8 ?
Can i map controls for e.g Netflix APP ? What program i should use for that.
Hi guys,

I have just got my NUC DN2820FYKH two days ago.
After I managed to overpass the stupid visual BIOS forced resolution to properly configure the BIOS. I have then installed windows 7. I then had to change the TV due to overscaning (my TV does not have the option and intel thinks it should have it) and managed to install XBMC 12.3.... could not play anything.
I Switched to the Gotham beta, and somehow managed to configure XBMC to play some files in a decent way.
before I had an asus eb1012 with an nvidia ION and played everything out of the box.
Now I have a lot of videos which have a lot of dropped frames, others whom have very bad rendering and others whom won't even play.
I'm not the best at setting XBMC and I can't find everything explained.
I just proved some old videos encoded as xvid and I can't get any image (maybe a picture once every 2 minutes) but the audio is perfect.
I'm running the NUC with an 8GB MicronMT16KTF1G64HZ1G6E1 and a 250gb WD scorpio blue. The video is feed straight to my TV through HDMI and the audio is connected through the analog jack to a sound system (old sony with 4.1 speakers).
The video archive is attached through a USB hub to the NUC. I'm 100% sure that the USB connection isn't a problem as this was the setup also with the ASUS eeebox.

Can someone help me setting XBMC so I can play my files properly? Or if I can't find a perfect settings list for all videos at least figure out what and how to change it based on the files I will through at it?

I can't really complain about the fan like others say, mine is very quite and my harmony 300 remote can turn the NUC on and off very nicely.
debug log (wiki) and details (screenshots) of your audio and video setting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5