• 90(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
thanks for this fast answer. Ok I will check different HDMI Inputs on the TV, good hint. I also we try to check the fast boot option and then try to get into bios.

Thank you very much.

edit: to the answer below: I am worried that my parents TV dont saves the aspect settings linked to the chosen HDMI input (I dont know it at the momet), so I would have liked when in would work on auto TV settings (which also shows 1:1 mapping when a correct signal is coming). I will check this things (it is a present...cant do it yet)

Regards
Does your TV not keep it's 16:9 setting? I set my (LG) TV to 'Just Scan' (which eliminates overscan) and it stays that way, for that HDMI input, forever.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Huh that's strange @nickr. On Panny Tv's, Just Scan is a shocker:

Quote:Stretches to justify the 4:3 image to the four corners of the screen. (Recommended for normal TV Broadcast)

...On Panny's you use 16:9 and set overscan to none (which makes more logical sense to me!).

Off-topic, was just surprised anyone would use a Just Scan mode given my Panny background...so looked up your LG and indeed it seems on those Just Scan is the 1:1 mode.

In any case, I've never met a TV yet that doesn't remember the zoom mode either...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Have the same problem with my Samsung HDTV HD Ready and the NUC.

HDMI #1
Can access bios but every time the NUC boots/reboots the Just Scan (1:1) setting is lost and have to cycle through 4:3 16:9 Zoom and Finally Just scan.
This only happens when the resolution is set to 720p or 1080i, if I use the native res 1366*768 the Just Scan settings sticks between reboots.
HDMI #1 has a label that reads "PC", supports external audio sources (for DVI) and some PC resolutions e.g. 800x600, 1024*768.
One big problem with 1366*768 is that it only supports 60Hz, so adjust video to screen doesn't work, while 720p supports 50Hz/60Hz.
Got around this issue with suspend/wake, if the NUC suspends the Just Scan setting sticks, it's only lost in boots/reboots.

HDMI #2
Can't access bios because as it doesn't support low resolutioons, only supports 720p/1080i/1366*768.
Just Scan setting sticks between reboots and also with suspend/wake.

Overall image seems sharper/better in 720p and the NUC switches between 50-60Hz just fine based on the playing material.
In 720p the Just Scan settings is lost if the NUC reboots, it sticks when using Suspend/Wake though.
In 720p only 1080p material is resized while in 1366*768 both 720p and 1080p material are resized.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just shows the bloody problems of different manufacturers calling the same thing different names.

Then the poor sap of a user sets video calibration in XBMC and that stuffs everything up, especially 3d.

Never been happier than when I finally got a proper Sony 1080p TV with the ability to turn overscan off. Then that TV went tits up in the earthquake and the insurance company subsidised a (bigger, 3d, smart) LG, and thankfully was able to find out in the shop (via google) that LGs also have the ability to turn off overscan.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
BIOS v34 is out: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=23879
BIOS v34 now uses my HDTV native res, if you couldn't access bios in your TV you should give v34 a try.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Has anyone happened to test whether there is any joy for HD audio bitstreaming on windows, with this latest BIOS release? The release notes dont mention anything specific but I guess there is some slight possibility the ME or TXE changes mentioned, might have been affecting things
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-05-05, 21:47)vivithemage Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 01:29)davidh2k Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 23:19)vivithemage Wrote: How about XBMC install for windows?

What is there to ask? Either grab the 12.3 installer, or the 13.0 beta (oh, no longer beta, we are in RC(1) status now) Installer from the XBMC website. Nothing more to care about installing, except configuring audio for passthrough if necessary. <- Which I have yet to figure out myself why this isn't working for me, but I'm still waiting for a reply Sad

http://xbmc.org/download/

Greetings
David

Any chance you figured out passthrough? I am guessing my AVR would rather pass through that audio Smile

No I haven't, and it does seem my question has gone under, so I'll propose it again.

How to enable Passthrough, XBMC 13 Stable, under Windows 8, HDMI connects to Samsung C Series TV which is, in fact, capable of both AC3 and DTS decoding. Windows 8 is installed via UEFI boot but not with Secure Boot enabled!

If I enable Passthrough its just not working. Is the missing Secure boot a problem? Do you need a log/debug log?

Also another Problem: If using airplay, for nearly every Video the Volume under Audio Settings gets set to -60.0 dB and I have to manually set it to 0.0 dB everytime, even tough if you set it as default for all videos. On normal videos it does not drop to -60.0 dB. Volume of XBMC overlay is at 100% all the time, independet from the Audio Settings.

Edit: Found this in the Log:

Code:
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTSHD" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_TRUEHD" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_EAC3" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTS" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AC3" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AAC" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: sample rate 192khz on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.
00:42:45 T:3880  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_LPCM" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display-Audio)" seems to be not supported.

Confused

Edit2: Seems like somebody encountered this problem too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1669583 But there is no solution posted.

Greetings
David
YES, the bios update has seemed to fix the lock ups I was getting on my TV when starting OE, all seems to be good now :-)
Deleted
I need help.
I've had my new nuc n2820 for 2 days now and being a noob cannot figure out how to install openelec onto it.
1.i have the latest bios update.
2.latest openelec generic 4.0.2
3.in bios settings I have selected legacy boot and usb selected and saved.
4.installed openelec on a usb.
under legacy boot in bios,i can see my usb device.when I click on the usb it asks to save settings before rebooting to usb,ok.
openelec appears on the screen for installation and after I press enter it says rebooting in 3 seconds and then never reappears on screen again.
I just want to run xbmc on its own without windows, is that ok or do I also need to install windows.my tv is a panasonc 1080p
any help would be appreciated.
(2014-05-23, 04:02)pierian Wrote: I need help.
I've had my new nuc n2820 for 2 days now and being a noob cannot figure out how to install openelec onto it.
under legacy boot in bios,i can see my usb device.when I click on the usb it asks to save settings before rebooting to usb,ok.
openelec appears on the screen for installation and after I press enter it says rebooting in 3 seconds and then never reappears on screen again.
I just want to run xbmc on its own without windows, is that ok or do I also need to install windows.my tv is a panasonc 1080p

I had trouble using the front USB, so I installed from one of the rear usb ports and it worked without issue.

worth a go if you haven't tried it already
Try F10 boot menu also.

(2014-05-23, 09:37)champ222 Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 04:02)pierian Wrote: I need help.

I had trouble using the front USB, so I installed from one of the rear usb ports and it worked without issue.

worth a go if you haven't tried it already

Agree on the front USB. 4 different sticks USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 wouldn't boot of the front USB 3.0 port but all worked fine on the back USB 2.0 port.

Sean
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5