• 103(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Have any 2820 owners had a problem with full screen mode after waking from sleep? I've googled around a bit and can't find anything that matches my problem.

Running Windows 8.1, over HDMI to a TV. Everything is set right as far as I can tell (full screen in xbmc, etc).

Everything will be fine, I can quit XBMC and rerun it from the Windows start screen (mapped the green button on the remote to the windows key, so that works quite nicely). We'll happily watch an evening's tv on the box and go to bed, then the following morning when the TV is turned back on, XBMC is no longer full screen. Pressing \ to maximise doesn't work, and using the windows menu to maximise doesn't go full screen, but does _fill_ the screen.

I've tried autohotkey scripts to keep XBMC full screen and all sorts. It's like XBMC _thinks_ it's in full screen mode already and so won't resize.

I've found that setting the video settings to match resolution of content helps, as now when you play a video the tv switches to full screen, but the UI is still in a window.

It's driving me crazy! Apologies if this is the wrong place to raise this - I figured seeing as there's no NUC specific forum this post made sense...

Thanks for any help.
(2014-07-12, 02:38)scarecrow420 Wrote: I really have no experience or idea regarding arcade emulators so I cant comment

Regarding 1080P etc, there is a test file online called "Birds" which is apparently quite demanding (high bitrate etc) and that plays fine on the Celerons in XBMC, no dropped frames etc and about 20% CPU usage, if that helps?

if you have any other online sources of test video files let me know and I can download them and see if they play

Thanks. I really appreciate your feedback. Don't bother to test other files, as I will probably go with the i3 version to use some recent emulators. Thanks again!
i'm looking to downsize my mATX to one of these similarly sized NUC. i love the value in these ~$130-150 units compared to the more expensive Core i3 variants.

has anyone used their Bay Trail NUC as a Steam streaming client? how is the performance?

and what about BluRay disc playback (i'm looking to place my existing internal 5.25" bluray drive into an external enclosure and connect via USB, and obviously requires software like PowerDVD or something similar)?
Steam Streaming works here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4hm5n7Pywk
Should also work on NUC Baytrail
| myHTPC |
Anyone running an 2820 & OpenElec having problems with sound after resume?

After resuming from sleep I have no sound. A reboot fixes the problem.
(2014-07-15, 07:04)-DDD- Wrote: Steam Streaming works here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4hm5n7Pywk
Should also work on NUC Baytrail

It works fine. I tested Steam Streaming out with an Xbox One controller connected to my DN2820FYKH NUC (Baytrail) and was able to play games like BioShock Infinite, Portal 2, etc. Even with gigabit Ethernet throughout the house, I would still typically step it down to 720p to make sure I got a smooth connection. Occasionally, during loading screens and other areas of the games I would see brief hiccups, but when I would actually get into heavy gameplay I would completely forget I was streaming the game from a completely different part of my house.
(2014-07-15, 13:32)phonics Wrote: Anyone running an 2820 & OpenElec having problems with sound after resume?

I have the same thing happening sometimes. Started about two OpenElec versions ago.
I have found that putting the 2820 to sleep and waking it up again also helps (usually) to fix the problem. So no need for a full reboot.

Still, I would like to find a fix so it doesn't happen at all.
Any tips here on how to debug this?
(2014-07-21, 15:08)wasco Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 13:32)phonics Wrote: Anyone running an 2820 & OpenElec having problems with sound after resume?

I have the same thing happening sometimes. Started about two OpenElec versions ago.
I have found that putting the 2820 to sleep and waking it up again also helps (usually) to fix the problem. So no need for a full reboot.

Still, I would like to find a fix so it doesn't happen at all.
Any tips here on how to debug this?

try the fix listed in the ChromeBox wiki (link in my sig).
Did anyone else notice that the framerate in the menus is changing from time to time? I have OE 4.0.7 running and even if I set 1080p@60, the actual framerate while being in the menus is changing, sometimes around 60, sometimes up to 80, then down to 24, to 30. A reboot fixes this. Watching movies however is fine, so it's just the menus (I have set OE to adjust framerates while playing videos, so there should be no problem here.
Yeah the framerate in the gui is dependent on a whole lot of stuff, how hard the CPU is working, what else the computer is doing etc. The thing you really want to know is whether the framerate remains constant during playback, as playback is what you got XBMC for right?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Had mine for 24 hours now and I am very impressed

I was going to get an imported Fire TV for £130 off ebay but saw this thread and managed to get a NUC with 2GB RAM and Xbox One Media Remote for £125.

Threw in a spare 120GB SSD I had and this thing is great, it's taken every skin I've thrown at it and it is smooth as butter.

The XBO media remote works out of the box all buttons mapped but I am getting lag between button presses, when I press the button it works instantly but if I press it again too quick it doesn't register, is that something I can change with a setting or do I have to live with it?
Yes playback is really fine so far, but some 30fps videos do sometimes stutter, but that might be a bad encoding rather then the framerate which is to blame.

Another question I can't really find a fast and easy way to accomplish: I want to remap a button of my remote. The command of the button is "XBMC_Media" which I really don't need. What I want to do is map this key to the keyboard button "C" which opens the context menu.
What's the best way to accomplish this?

btw. I'm running OpenElec 4.0.7 generic from an internal SSD. I looked inside my ".xbmc/userdata/keymaps/" folder but it's empty Sad so I'm not sure where to start. The is a keymapping addon but it doesn't have the command I'm looking for (keyboard "C") available.

Any tips?
Has anyone tried the new BIOS released by Intel? There's been a couple released in the past 10 days or so but only just noticed now.
I'll give them a try later on this week when life's a bit less frantic.

Just thought I'd point it out in case some of the issues people are having have been included!

RLTW.

Yep, my machine is still work OK.
-----------------------------------------------
NUC Kit DN2820FYKH
Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB
Kingston 60GB SSD
Openelec 4.2.1
-----------------------------------------------
Anyone running Windows 8.x, confimed getting the N2830 chip yet? Wondering if there is there has been some progress on DTS-HD streaming (and thus other audio over HDMI requiring HDCP).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-07-22, 17:57)barenaked Wrote: Yes playback is really fine so far, but some 30fps videos do sometimes stutter, but that might be a bad encoding rather then the framerate which is to blame.

Another question I can't really find a fast and easy way to accomplish: I want to remap a button of my remote. The command of the button is "XBMC_Media" which I really don't need. What I want to do is map this key to the keyboard button "C" which opens the context menu.
What's the best way to accomplish this?

btw. I'm running OpenElec 4.0.7 generic from an internal SSD. I looked inside my ".xbmc/userdata/keymaps/" folder but it's empty Sad so I'm not sure where to start. The is a keymapping addon but it doesn't have the command I'm looking for (keyboard "C") available.

Any tips?

You can copy the system keymap (/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/) file to the userdata folder (/storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps) and edit it. I do this to stop XBMC from powering off when I use my harmony remote.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5