Need help scraping music
I can't for the life of me get XBMC to scrape my music library correctly. When I browse by artist I would like to see the fanart of the artist and some artist info, but I cannot get the artist art and info to scrape unless I do it one at a time.

I think the problem is XBMC keeps trying to default to last.fm as the artist scraper. I have changed the artist scraper in general settings to Universal Artist Scraper but it doesn't seem to actually be applied. If I try to view the artist info without changing the scraper manually the search comes up empty. When I manually change the scraper for a particular artist to UAS and then view artist info everything shows up properly. This is the only way I can do it and I have a very large music library with hundreds of artists. Even when it asks is I want to apply the setting to all artists, I select yes but it does nothing.

One idea I had was to uninstall last.fm so it stops defaulting to that, but I can't figure out how to do that since it's built in.

This happens on both of my HTPCs and I believe they are both running Frodo with Aeon Nox skin.

I can try to post a debug log later if anybody thinks it would help solve the problem.
Hi,

I have made some investigation in the procesing of Artist and Album info in XBMC. It is something totally different from video scraping... You can look at this thread of my: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185872

Shortly, what I have found out: Both, Artist and Album, scrapers are running only "on demand". It never happens to me (during my tests) that some of these scrapers run atomaticly in background to add/update music library. Try to find out which scraper is the best for your collection, then clear the whole music library and start from begining. Maybe not good advice, but still better then manually update each Artist and each Album...
If it was me I would remove the media source then add it again, this time making sure that you select the Universal Album/Artist Scraper.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

The music library can store a preferred scraper for individual entries via context menu. Changing the default scraper won't remove those entries.

scott s.
I think I got this figured out if anyone else is interested or has a similar problem.

Just removing the source, cleaning the library, and then re-importing music back into my library didn't do anything but take time. Turns out what worked was to delete the MyMusic32.dll (or similar) file from my hard drive and then reboot my computer. I think the path was C:Users\(user)\Appdata\Roaming\xbmc\database.

I also upgraded to Gotham and changed my skin but I don't think that really did anything.

The first import it got info and art for maybe 60-70% of my artists. Then I hit "query info for all artists" and it seemed to get most of the rest of them. Not really sure how to get infos from the more obscure artists other than creating an nfo file.
I find that if I go to music files and open the context menu for all the sources, then remove each source and tell XBMC to delete all data the MyMusicxx db is clean with no need to delete the file (but that works too). If you turn debugging on when you scan your music folder you can see how universal album and artist scraper works. In Gotham, if you tag your music with mbid for artist and album, that will be supplied for scraping, without having to query online to try to match artist or album names. Also in Gotham, you have the option in settings to have the scraper replace your artist and album name with whatever MusicBrainz has in its database (if it is different).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help scraping music0