HDTV 750 PCIE local channel = static, digital channels are fine.
So, i installed the smc and pvr.wmc on my main living room HTPC. works beautifully. love it to death. after i uninstalled the repository i worked out all the kinks and it has become the media center i have always wanted it to be. the HTPC has a happauge 1250 tv tuner coupled with an IR blaster. relatively simple setup. no dual tuners or hd homeruns or anything of that sort.

The in-laws are in the 2nd bedroom. i picked up a small form factor PC, got xbmc installed and figured, "Hey, this will work. it will be great to watch tv in another room besides the living room"....big NOPE.

At first i was getting a "tuner is busy", but found out my significant other was watching HGTV at the time. so i found out that you cant have it show on 2 devices even if it is the same channel. which is fine. I waited for her program to end and stopped the tv tuning. I then repeatedly got a "No video data found on this channel" whenever i attempt to switch or tune to any channel.

Now i was checking out the original swmc thread and saw that people were getting this error early on and that i can only assume was thought to have been fixed.

Also to be noted, i didnt see a documented fix but krustyreturns stated something along the lines of he could see what was messing up and to pm him for details. Instead of pestering one moderator on a fix from almost a year ago, i figured i would present my issues and document what workarounds or fixes i encounter in this adventure.

If it wasnt for serverwmc and its development i would have never made the switch from wmc to xbmc.
Are you saying you never get live tv to work on the 2nd setup? Not sure what you are referring to in the past, but assuming you have done all the standard stuff like making sure your rec tv folder is accessible from the new client (see wiki), then do a live-tv run on your new setup and after it fails put the serverwmc log on pastebin and put a link to it here.

Edit:
Once this problem is resolved, you can both be watching the same channel.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-02-25, 17:46)krustyreturns Wrote: Not sure what you are referring to in the past

thats exactly why i didnt want to pester you on that forum post lol.

yeah it never worked on the 2nd bedroom.

i will revisit the wiki on the portion of the rec tv folder. i was unaware of that needing to be done, but it makes alot of sense that it would need to be a shared folder for access.

I knew it would be something silly, and i will troubleshoot tonight and see if i can get it up and working.

btw, i noticed when digging through the forum posts you help out alot of people. good on you man.
Cool. Yeah I am 12 posts away from a thousand posts, that's like 900 more than any forum I have ever frequented.
well update.

Ended up getting an awesome deal on a new HTPC for the media center in my living room. capture card and everything work great with the faster, newer hardware. Unfortunately for me, things didnt work out with the current installation of windows 7. for some reason the tv tuning functionality somehow got disabled and i was unable to even see it in the settings for wmc. needless to say it was time for a fresh install anyways.

swmc is playing well when it is on the HTPC machine. when i go to my bedroom computer, "Stream file 'ts' does not exist (likely no data was found to remux)" keeps on showing up on the HTPC log file and i can not watch tv in my bedroom at all.

if you remember krustyreturns, i ran into this issue previously, but i figured if i set it up correctly the next time that the issues would be resolved. doesnt look like it is. i checked the file sharing and the appropriate folder should be shared.

I checked, and i had an outdated version of serverwmc. i updated it to the latest, and i am still getting the same problem.

http://pastebin.com/2ru59uCS
Strange log, I'm not sure what is going on. You only have one instance of serverwmc running right? It should only be running on your main media center.
can you post a log of a succesful liveTV attempt from the local PC? It's odd that the tuning space is a big GUID rather than normally something like "ClearQAM" "Digital TV" or whatever that we normally see...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
i only have one capture card. i am only running one swmc. now i cant get it to tune on the HTPC. i know it was working before i attempted to try to tune it from the bedroom PC. its almost as if the moment another client connects, the stream file gets deleted or something. i will post the log file from the HTPC when i get a chance.
and performing rez on thread!!!

im back. twice as large and just as ugly!

So i think i figured out what was going on with serverwmc on this. I noticed that when changing channels, etc. on wmc it would give a no data signal for 2 seconds and then turn to view the channel. i think that REALLY messes up serverwmc as it doesnt see a data stream so it assumes there is nothing there and nor will it be there. I bought this hauppauge refurbished, and as we can see here, you get what you pay for.

I replaced it with the only other card i tried with this (diamond HDTV 750 PCIE) and im back to viewing shows again (even across the network!). The only problem i am running into now is that basic OTA shows through the cable box show up as nothing but static (even the HD shows) so like the local fox channel will be static but hgtv will stream perfectly.

I guess you can add this one to the list of quirks of xbmc.
has anyone dealt with static on local channels through comcast but digital channels are fine through stb?
Sounds like it may be the digital transition? If it is, in order to receive any channels via Comcast you will need either a STB or cablecard and compatible tuner. I use HDHomeRun Prime with a Comcast cablecard to get cable. As a bonus, the locals are in HD without having to pay the additional fee for an HD box.

To check, plug the cable directly in to your TV and do a channel scan. If they have moved to all digital you won't get any channels.
my current set up:

Cable from wall > Set top Box > HTPC > Television

I will not get an HD home run or any cablecard as support from cable companies for problems with those is nil. some people like it because they are savvy enough to not want to even deal with the techs. I dont believe I am as savvy or lucky for that matter.

Comcast has moved to digital encrypted OTA for a while now in this area. even so, reception is terrible to get all OTA signals people would plug in regardless (before the encryption) just to utilize comcast's antenna's.
What type of connection are you using between the cable box and the htpc? Can you try bypassing the htpc and go straight into the tv and see if it is still scrambled? I'm thinking it might be some sort of copy protection feature?
it is not scrambled going through to the TV or through the hauppauge 1250.
I'm still confused, is wmc able to play these problem channels?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDTV 750 PCIE local channel = static, digital channels are fine.0