Release introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!
Are we getting close of availability ? Smile
July was what they told me last. Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Been waiting so long for this - nearly bought a new NUC a few times just to get the functionality but have been strong!
Still no sign!
Does anyone have an updated eta for this product. July has been and gone and my htpc would really love to be finished off with one of these snazzy devices. Nod
Contact them directly and you can buy one.

People have been doing that.

It's appearing on their site "soon"

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Thanks Jammyb Big Grin
Internal IR: $49.99
External IR: $59.99

Stupidly expensive if you as me.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
That's expensive?

Equates to £30 over here. For the quality of the workmanship, it's customisable/programmable and it combines 2 separate IR functions - on/off and RC6 capabilities.

I think it's quite reasonable.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-08-18, 20:51)jammyb Wrote: That's expensive?

Equates to £30 over here. For the quality of the workmanship, it's customisable/programmable and it combines 2 separate IR functions - on/off and RC6 capabilities.

Considering that it's composed of very cheap and few parts and that competition has the exact same thing for 26$.. Yes, expensive.
(2014-08-20, 09:00)tripkip Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 20:51)jammyb Wrote: That's expensive?

Considering that it's composed of very cheap and few parts and that competition has the exact same thing for 26$.. Yes, expensive.

Sure. That's the exact same thing. Like a Celeron and an i7 are exactly the same thing.

Oh wait. Sure. From the outside they look the same, serve the same function. To provide IR capability and the ability to perform S5 power on.

But the simerec has the accessory power switch part to provide extra options of power on/off that your link doesn't. Plus your link needs customisation via software on windows. The Simerec does it with button combinations regardless of OS or even needing the appliance turned on. All on one small module/PCB. Not a black box you have to find somewhere to hide as per your link.

I suggest you reread page one on this thread to reenlighten yourself of the PCS-MCE features.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-08-20, 15:09)jammyb Wrote: Sure. That's the exact same thing. Like a Celeron and an i7 are exactly the same thing.

Oh wait. Sure. From the outside they look the same, serve the same function. To provide IR capability and the ability to perform S5 power on.

But the simerec has the accessory power switch part to provide extra options of power on/off that your link doesn't. Plus your link needs customisation via software on windows. The Simerec does it with button combinations regardless of OS or even needing the appliance turned on. All on one small module/PCB. Not a black box you have to find somewhere to hide as per your link.

I suggest you reread page one on this thread to reenlighten yourself of the PCS-MCE features.

It is the exact same thing if you are looking for a an MCE compatible receiver that has S5 power on capabilities. The additional appliance feature is a gimmick that most of us are not looking for in the first place.

Currently I'm using my own circuit based on an Arduino clone with an Ethernet clone shield that receives IR from my MCE remote and sends a WOL command to my HTPC to achieve the same result and guess what.. I can also switch a shitload of additional appliances with my remote all for under 30$. I am looking for a built in solution, but not for this price from Simerec.
(2014-08-20, 16:11)tripkip Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 15:09)jammyb Wrote: Sure. That's the exact same thing. Like a Celeron and an i7 are exactly the same thing.

It is the exact same thing if you are looking for a an MCE compatible receiver that has S5 power on capabilities. The additional appliance feature is a gimmick that most of us are not looking for in the first place.

Currently I'm using my own circuit based on an Arduino clone with an Ethernet clone shield that receives IR from my MCE remote and sends a WOL command to my HTPC to achieve the same result and guess what.. I can also switch a shitload of additional appliances with my remote all for under 30$. I am looking for a built in solution, but not for this price from Simerec.

Sounds great! Post some pics up in a thread please!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Just got my external PCs MCE today. Being a novice and not being able to find instructions anywhere I was hoping for some installation help.
My mobo is a gigabyte h61m-usb3h http://www.manualslib.com/manual/485693/...e=4#manual
Should I be connecting the black\white\grey\purple into my f_usb1 header?

I'm so confused haha, I should probably email Steven for instructions
(2014-08-20, 15:09)jammyb Wrote: Plus your link needs customisation via software on windows. The Simerec does it with button combinations regardless of OS or even needing the appliance turned on. All on one small module/PCB.

You said that the PCS-MCE supports Button Function Customization. How does it do this if there isn't software? I know how the PCS-2 is configured, but there you are only worrying about on and off. Certainly you wouldn't do something like that to customize other commands (e.g. map play to a keyboard shortcut).

To me it looks like these to products are the same unless:
1) you want the accessory power switch (which cost extra)
2) If your motherboard can't be powered up from completely off state via onboard USB 2.0 port.

For #2, I know that Simerec ships their stuff with an adapter/wiretap to connect to the ATX power supply. The HDPLEX product says that "Special cable and soldering are needed in order to get the +5V feed from standard ATX power supply and feed it to the IR PCB. " That sounds pretty intimidating to me.

Do you guys agree with my assessment? I'm on the market for something like this. I don't need the accessory switch so if my mobo can power up from USB, i'd love to save the money and go with HDPLEX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!1