Release introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!
(2014-09-26, 18:06)cu_shane Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 15:09)jammyb Wrote: Plus your link needs customisation via software on windows. The Simerec does it with button combinations regardless of OS or even needing the appliance turned on. All on one small module/PCB.

You said that the PCS-MCE supports Button Function Customization. How does it do this if there isn't software? I know how the PCS-2 is configured, but there you are only worrying about on and off. Certainly you wouldn't do something like that to customize other commands (e.g. map play to a keyboard shortcut).

To me it looks like these to products are the same unless:
1) you want the accessory power switch (which cost extra)
2) If your motherboard can't be powered up from completely off state via onboard USB 2.0 port.

For #2, I know that Simerec ships their stuff with an adapter/wiretap to connect to the ATX power supply. The HDPLEX product says that "Special cable and soldering are needed in order to get the +5V feed from standard ATX power supply and feed it to the IR PCB. " That sounds pretty intimidating to me.

Do you guys agree with my assessment? I'm on the market for something like this. I don't need the accessory switch so if my mobo can power up from USB, i'd love to save the money and go with HDPLEX.

See post #38 in this thread ref programming buttons.

Simerec is a plug in and switch on product. The only intimidatig bit being possibly drilling your case if it doesn't have a window.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

An they offer an external version of you don't want to drill. Which I'm trying to install but not having any luck. Jammyb any advice mate?
Show me pictures of it and the case and what you struggling on?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Stuck on step 9, splice the purple wire and connect to atx power supply. I have got the pdf instructions now. Not sure how to connect one single wire into the power cable's?
Kit should of come with cable scotchlock.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/251000870...108&ff19=0

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

thanks for that, it was referred to as a splicer in the instruction so i assumed i had to strip the wire. I will lock it to a wire from my ATX power supply then, any idea which one?
The one it says in the instructions.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

The instructions just say to connect purple wire to atx power supply. Mine has about 300, red, orange. Black, yellow. Just wondering if you did this with yours which color did you use or does it make a difference?
Photos of your ATX will help.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Thanks for helping. ATX model is a Antec Earthwatts 430W

I've figured out where all the other connections are just the purple wire im not sure about?
Purple wire attaches to purple wire on ATX loom. [as it says in the instructions]

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Folks, I just emailed Steven to check availability of the PCS-MCE. I built an HTPC based on a ZOTAC IONITX-L-E board (no CIR header), running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS + Kodi 14.1 at the moment. The system is still great and used in a daily basis. However, I still use an RC6 USB receiver (from HP) dongle and I always wanted that thing INSIDE the case. And I was also looking for a way to power on/off the box using the remote. Then, I found this PERFECT thread! Big Grin

The case I use is a Silverstone LC09: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.ph...74&area=en

And I use this PicoPSU: http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-90

Will it work with the PCS-MCE?

And I think I'll need to drill a hole in the front of the case (maybe beside the HDD led) to fit the IR receiver and have it in line of sight, right? Any tips/hints on that? It's an alluminum case and very well finished and I don't want to ruin it.... :-)

And the last question is if HDPlex could fulfill my needs the same as the PCS-MCE. I don't need the extra accessory but I also look for a smooth setup.

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!1