• 6(current)
TVHEADEND TVH addon
That's what the GitHub page says: [pvr.tvh] bump version to 0.7.0
Could anyone pls provide a win32 build? Smile
Hello guys,
This quite nice progress. I am running xbmc on a desktop pc with gnome 3.10.
After I have installed this pvr addon I think tv playing is smoother, xbmc is much more responsive while playing tv channels and even CPU usage has decreased on my setup.
There is just one remaining issue for me which I am unable to look up a solution for. Sometimes XBMC freezes when watching single channel and the new show is about to start on that channel. For about a second the video keeps playing as the new show starts and then the whole xbmc freezes and I can do nothing just kill -9 xbmc.bin .
Has this been seen somewhere is there something I might be able to do? Oh I have forgotten I do have onboard intel graphic card.

Greetings

Peter
@pvagner: could you provide a debug log (with trace logging enabled in the PVR addon)?

@Cassiel: I can whip up a new build for win32 and send it to adamsutton so he can put it in the repository. I can give a shout here once it's been done.
even with 0.7 there is a EPG issue for me. Right after fresh startup, nothing is shown in e.g. timeline. After resetting EPG data (in settings) it is complete - until next boot. On a second machine this does not happen - EPG is always there. Only difference: On the "not workling installation" i use channel numbering from backend - Maybe thats the issue?
Can someone please give me a step by step how to build this for Openelec and Raspberry pi?
i'll build and share !
@Jönke - for Openelec I used the Linux64 version. RPI will need a new one built.
(2014-04-19, 18:32)negge Wrote: @Cassiel: I can whip up a new build for win32 and send it to adamsutton so he can put it in the repository. I can give a shout here once it's been done.

Nod
@krawalli: can you provide a debug log with trace logging enabled in the addon?

@Jönke: try to find instructions on how to build the official addons for Raspberry Pi, the process is identical for this one.
(2014-04-20, 09:26)negge Wrote: @krawalli: can you provide a debug log with trace logging enabled in the addon?
sure: http://pastebin.com/n7QnL0L8

One note: The EPG sync startet right after tvheadend becomes available, even log says its not available.
@krawallI: that is 1. Not a full log, 2. Not a debug log, 3. Trace debugging in the addon is not enabled.
3. its activated, but maybe nothing to see because of 2.? Smile

Edit:

here it is: http://pastebin.com/wTKV44ra
(2014-04-19, 18:32)negge Wrote: @pvagner: could you provide a debug log (with trace logging enabled in the PVR addon)?

Here is my debug log. I have tried to update everything to the latest easily installable version gnome 3.12, xbmc-git from Gotham branch. XBMC debug and TVH addon trace settings are enabled thus the log is really huge about 1.5 MB in size. It only captures some 40 seconds of activity. The interesting part is at 8:22:58 I think where the DVD player closes for some reason however I don't know what's going on and how to prevent it. My resolution on the HDMI monitor is 1080I and the video is SD 720X576 I think. I have all video options set to auto. XBMC frequently freezes for me when new shows is beginning on TV.
I would be happy for any hints. If I am missing something then please let me know what to add please.
Edit: what I've forgotten to add is that when noticing the video has frozen audio keeps playing for some 2 or three seconds and then whole XBMC freezes. I am unable to control it using keyboard or the mouse. I cant even exit it so I do have force killall -9 xbmc.bin.
@krawalli: have you resetted the whole PVR database (not just EPG)? And is there any reason why tvheadend is not running when you start XBMC (it fails to connect for at least five times before finally connecting)? This definitely doesn't look right:

Quote:ERROR: PVR - PVRTransferChannelGroupMember - cannot find group 'HDTV' or channel '776040587'

@pvagner: could you try again with trace debugging disabled (I forgot it produces tons of mostly useless information)?
(2014-04-20, 11:19)negge Wrote: @krawalli: have you resetted the whole PVR database (not just EPG)? And is there any reason why tvheadend is not running when you start XBMC (it fails to connect for at least five times before finally connecting)? This definitely doesn't look right:

Quote:ERROR: PVR - PVRTransferChannelGroupMember - cannot find group 'HDTV' or channel '776040587'

Yes, full reset and EPG reset has been done. After resetting just EPG, its there. I will try without "using channel numbers from backend" and will try again.

Not started problem:
The system boots from a SSD and X seems to start up "too" fast for tvheadend. Maybe the startup script needs a extra dependency. From the visual point of view the "no pvr started message" appears only once and it fixes itself within seconds.
(2014-04-20, 11:19)negge Wrote: @pvagner: could you try again with trace debugging disabled (I forgot it produces tons of mostly useless information)?

Here is the part I think is relevant and here is a full log.
It appears that there is audio / video sync issue but still I think tvh plugin or XBMC or I don't know which part is responsible for that should be able to recover from such situation or at least not to freeze the whole app.
I don't know what might be happening on tvheadend side, maybe ECM reply coming later than usual, or maybe somewhat weaker signal or maybe just the fact I am using more than 10 years old Skystar 2 PCI card for tunning DVB-S. Still if possible I would be happy to find a workaround for this issue.
Edit2: I have seen the log in detail and tried to compared it with other logs. I have found out such audio discontinuity errors are maybe a sign of something breaking however it is seperate from this issue as XBMC can definatelly recover from these.
I don't think I can understand this matter properly but I guess something is changing in the video stream e.g. aspect ratio that requires reinitializing VAAPI which is not well handled.
Is there someone I might be able to get more info from?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHEADEND TVH addon1