• 8(current)
TVHEADEND TVH addon
Sadly still no 0.7.0 build for Windows Sad
@Cassiel You can grab http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh-win32-release.zip, adamsutton hasn't had time to put it in the repository yet.
(2014-04-23, 09:29)negge Wrote: @Cassiel You can grab http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh-win32-release.zip, adamsutton hasn't had time to put it in the repository yet.

Thanks, seems to be the 0.7.0 although plugin announces itself as 0.5.0.
Weird, I'm pretty sure I pulled the latest changes. It's almost as if something's wrong with "make zip" cause form time to time I've had it appear as version 0.1 too.
And a Rpi ver Wink
I'm on the latest 3.9.XXX TVHeadend build, but I don't seem to get the pause and rewind stuff with this newest plugin?? Is that related to the near 4.0 TVHeadend build still not supporting any timeshift or something?
@jasaero: you must enable it in tvheadend, otherwise the pause/play buttons will be grayed out in XBMC.
Thank you, not sure how I hadn't ever noticed that when not looking for it?

Now to figure out how to get the transcoding for TVHClient and remote use to work better. Anyone had any luck getting XBMC and transcoding to cooperate remotely with this new plugin? I couldn't get transcoding to work at all with gotham and XBMC last I tried with the stock XBMC plugin.
Transcoding support should be implemented properly once a PR for more flexible transcoding support makes it into tvheadend. The current support is severly broken.
(2014-04-21, 09:14)negge Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 21:45)pvagner Wrote: Related to my aspect ratio change issue I think I have found a valid reference to something similar in the VAAPI disscussion thread here. FernetMenta has attempted to fix it however his XBMC fork does not appear to contain recent Gotham changes so I am somewhat embarrased on what to try. oOr if I can just try merging xbmc/Gotham branch with his master or what.

The full log you pasted was something completely different (some document), but I'm starting to think your problem could be a VAAPI-specific issue. Easiest way is to clone FernetMenta's branch and compile and install that.

Yes I've disabled VAAPI and now I don't have this issue any longer on aspect ratio change so later on I will test fernetmenta's build side by side with what I am using now.

(2014-04-21, 09:14)negge Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 07:55)pvagner Wrote: Another thing I have noticed is that each time I restart XBMC I am getting a different channels order. In the tvheadend I have no numbers assigned to channels. I have tried to renumber channels within XBMC but the numbering has not been stored. Have you got an idea?

That's not supposed to happen even if you have unnumbered channels. Is the numbering always the same if you tick "use backend channel numbers"?

I've finally tested all possible options. I have started with use backend channel numbers checked and it was constantly using different order when I restarted XBMC. Even EPG update triggered reorder of the channel list so I have unchecked that option. Now I do have constant order however I have tried to reorder the channels going to system -> settings -> live tv -> general -> channels manager . There I can see the channels ordered the way I have customized it however when going to TV -> TV channels the order is completelly different. can I do something else now?
@pvagner: would be great if you could provide two debug logs where you have "use backend channel order" checked (you said there's a difference each time you start XBMC, that's why we'd need two logs). I have never seen that issue myself, even unnumbered channels should work.

Actually I think I may know what the problem is, I'll do some testing.
@pvagner: I just tried and was completely unable to reproduce. No matter how many unnumbered channels I had they always appeared in the same order no matter which options I checked in XBMC.

Which version of tvheadend are you using?
hello!
what is the "syntax" to make it for rpi on ubuntu 13.04
@dom1066: it's the same as for all other Linux platforms. It's in the readme.

Unless you're talking about compiling on a desktop, that is way more complicated and I don't even know how to do it off the top of my head. You're better off compiling directly on the Pi, even if it takes a while.
(2014-04-26, 18:23)negge Wrote: @pvagner: I just tried and was completely unable to reproduce. No matter how many unnumbered channels I had they always appeared in the same order no matter which options I checked in XBMC.

Which version of tvheadend are you using?

Hello,
I am running the latest available tvheadend version 3.9.569~ge113c3b and self compiled tvh addon version 0.7.0 with PR #31 and PR #30 applied manually. I am sure none of these PR's have introduced this behaviour because I can remember different order on each start even from before while I was trying out tvh addon downloaded from tvheadend.org repository.

Here are exact steps I have done.
- Enabled use channel order from backend. I am sorry I am not completelly sure about the original english string as I am using XBMC in slovak. You most likelly know what I am tallking about because that's the option we are tallking about here.
- Closed XBMC.
- Reopened XBMC again, went to TV channels and memorized order of some channels. Closed XBMC and captured log #1.
- Reopened XBMC again went to TV channels, noticed the order of channels is differend, closed XBMC and uploaded the log #2.
- Reopened XBMC, changed the option we are tallking about here and closed it without uploading the log.
- Finally reopened and closed XBMC for two more times capturing log #3 and log #4. In these two cases the order is different from the earlier attempts however in log #3 and log #4 the order is equal.
What is important that none of these logs shows channels in the order I have customized using channel list manager earlier.

Greetings

Peter
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHEADEND TVH addon1