• 1(current)
TVHEADEND TVH addon
Folks,

I recently implemented tvheadend in my XBMC setup, using the beta version (HTS Tvheadend 3.5.247~g098b7de~quantal).
This software is awesome and playing really well with Gotham and latest HTS addon build from source, however there is only one issue that is not reliable at all, TimeShift. The step back/forward or rewind does not play well, very buggy with XBMC, freezes, crashes etc...
I didn't get a chance to dig into the code to see if the issue is on the client side (HTS addon) or server side (TVHEADEBD backend).

However, I notice that Adam started re-implementing the xbmc addon under a new name TVH (Name makes sense Smile ).
https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-a...ns/pvr.tvh

I wonder if anybody can tell me (Adam/Lars if you guys are reading this thread) if the new code will enhance TimeShift and/or it is compatible with TVHEADEND (HTS Tvheadend 3.5.247~g098b7de~quantal).

Thanks
Dani
The timeshift code in TVH was a bit of a hack, I should know as I wrote it. And I've had plenty of complaints about it since it existed. However there was also a concern there were issues in pvr.hts, I know mine didn't work and so I've not even tried using it in ages.

I did have a go with pvr.tvh, and it seemed to work (at least better than I remembered). But I can't say whether that has anything to do with my rewrite or just the fact I've upgraded to a much more recent version of XBMC recently (not tried pvr.hts since the upgrade).

Adam
Actually, it sorta works. It will navigate the buffer (at least in hte limited tests I did). But resuming playback sometimes leads to horrible playback in XBMC while it sorts itself out. No doubt this is down to the horrible timeshift in TVH.
Thanks for your input Adam.
I agree, the buffer has been somehow reliable, as for the playback, did you experience picture artifacts ? After resume from pause or step backward/forward, I get the following ffmpeg errors with picture artifacts at the same time, it will eventually recover, but it's ugly. Is there anything can be done on the TVH backend to address the issue or is this purely ffmpeg issue?
Code:
** log removed ... use pastebin.com**
@Adam

I did some testing using vlc plugin and ran into the same issue, vlc is faster to recover, but the issue is still there.
I captured the logs hoping this can help you, as you can see the first shows a resume after a pause and this causes the frames to get out of whack forcing a up/down-sampling to get things back in sync.
Is it possible that the backend is not sending the correct set of frames?

Code:
** log removed **
If somebody is looking for a fix, use this pull, hopefully it will be merged soon.
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/278

Note, this is a huge improvement however there is still micro pixelation that we still need to look into.
Any way to build that for xbmc 12.3? API in the git appears to only work for xbmc 13. I've been running pvr.tvh in 13 and timeshift issue is pretty much solved in it, so if this port fixes pvr.hts that would be nice. xbmc 13 still crashes on exit though. Have to switch to windowed before I kill -9 it or else it takes X down with it as well.

pvr.tvh also fixes the xbmc crash on channel change after moving the dish. Wonder if that fix could be ported to pvr.hts as well. Unfortunately, I think that fix was just a happy accident. I never bother to file a bug on that one as I didn't know if it was the pvr or xbmc until now. Nobody has to turn a dish across the pond any way so...
Never mind. 13 beta came out today. I managed to steal some wifi and grab it. Crashing seems to be fixed. Think I'll probably just keep pvr.tvh on it.
Could someone make a step-by-step guide to build a .zip of this for Openelec rpi? If it is still possible to install pvr client as .zip?
I've also tried to build pvr.hts:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-htpc:~/Downloads$ git clone https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons.git
Cloning into 'xbmc-pvr-addons'...
remote: Counting objects: 10740, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2967/2967), done.
remote: Total 10740 (delta 6230), reused 10619 (delta 6141)
Receiving objects: 100% (10740/10740), 8.03 MiB | 12 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (6230/6230), done.
xbmc@xbmc-htpc:~/Downloads$ cd xbmc-pvr-addons/
xbmc@xbmc-htpc:~/Downloads/xbmc-pvr-addons$ ./bootstrap
./bootstrap: 3: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found

My system is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Anyone got an idea?
sudo apt-get install automake autoconf libtool

Assuming you have basic dev rolls tools installed
So how does pvr.tvh compare to pvr.hts? Is there any point in switching at this point in time?

~Jess
Tried pvr.tvh and I don't get any EPG data. Maybe its because I am using 3.4.27 still?
No it should still work. I had that problem once or twice myself, it seems enabling "asynchronous EPG" from the addon settings fixes it.
Hi,
first i like to say a big THANKS to Adam for his great TVheadend!
Since i enabled TV in XBMC we are watching a lot TV with the HTPC and no longer with the SAT Receiver,
The only drop of bitterness is the timeshift compared with f.e. a Topfield Receiver.

So i like to try this version with my Tvheadend 3.9.385~g7d8d81a. but i have no Windows compiler.
Can someone offer a read2use windows version of this PVR plugin?

Thanks
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHEADEND TVH addon1