• 7(current)
TVHEADEND TVH addon
I've spotted an issue in TVH that relates to use of async EPG. This can definitely stall recording playback, and might affect live playback a bit as well (though less so).

However inefficiencies in the add-on could also make things worse.

Adam
Related to my aspect ratio change issue I think I have found a valid reference to something similar in the VAAPI disscussion thread here. FernetMenta has attempted to fix it however his XBMC fork does not appear to contain recent Gotham changes so I am somewhat embarrased on what to try. oOr if I can just try merging xbmc/Gotham branch with his master or what.
tested with various settings for channel-numbering, order, etc. - no EPG

Added a "sleep 5" for xbmc startup and now i got EPG right after start (xbmc still complains about a not started PVR, but EPG can be collected).

So it seems that the missing PVR in that moment would cause the trouble in reading or mixing the data from tvh into xmbc.
I have no EPG on 0.7.0 - apologies as I'm trying to catch up by scan reading slightly - what's this sleep 5 exactly?
Hello,
Another thing I have noticed is that each time I restart XBMC I am getting a different channels order. In the tvheadend I have no numbers assigned to channels. I have tried to renumber channels within XBMC but the numbering has not been stored. Have you got an idea?
(2014-04-20, 23:46)J3mm Wrote: I have no EPG on 0.7.0 - apologies as I'm trying to catch up by scan reading slightly - what's this sleep 5 exactly?

it just delays the startup of xbmc a little bit (5 seconds) of time.
(2014-04-20, 21:45)pvagner Wrote: Related to my aspect ratio change issue I think I have found a valid reference to something similar in the VAAPI disscussion thread here. FernetMenta has attempted to fix it however his XBMC fork does not appear to contain recent Gotham changes so I am somewhat embarrased on what to try. oOr if I can just try merging xbmc/Gotham branch with his master or what.

The full log you pasted was something completely different (some document), but I'm starting to think your problem could be a VAAPI-specific issue. Easiest way is to clone FernetMenta's branch and compile and install that.

(2014-04-20, 23:46)J3mm Wrote: I have no EPG on 0.7.0 - apologies as I'm trying to catch up by scan reading slightly - what's this sleep 5 exactly?

debug log (wiki)

(2014-04-21, 07:55)pvagner Wrote: Hello,
Another thing I have noticed is that each time I restart XBMC I am getting a different channels order. In the tvheadend I have no numbers assigned to channels. I have tried to renumber channels within XBMC but the numbering has not been stored. Have you got an idea?

That's not supposed to happen even if you have unnumbered channels. Is the numbering always the same if you tick "use backend channel numbers"?
Hello everyone,

I would love to try this addon, but I was unable to really understand its requirement.

I naively added the repository to my openelec x64 install in order to download pvr.tvh, but it cannot get started. It state that it could not load a missing dll (w00t?!)

Do I need to recompile OE? If yes what should I add?

Thanks
You shouldn't have to do anything except install the repository and install the addon. If you're getting "cannot load dll" then the repository is broken. You could paste a debug log so we can see what the exact issue is.
(2014-04-21, 09:14)negge Wrote:

debug log (wiki)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182355
@J3mm: "PVR - PVRTriggerEpgUpdate - invalid channel or channel doesn't have an EPG" seems to be the problem. Have you tried the usual stuff (restarting XBMC, resetting the PVR database)? Do you have EPG data in tvheadend?

@J3mm: could you also enable trace debugging in the addon and post a new log?
(2014-04-21, 18:34)negge Wrote: @J3mm: "PVR - PVRTriggerEpgUpdate - invalid channel or channel doesn't have an EPG" seems to be the problem. Have you tried the usual stuff (restarting XBMC, resetting the PVR database)? Do you have EPG data in tvheadend?

@J3mm: could you also enable trace debugging in the addon and post a new log?

The EPG data looks fine on the server, and is up to date. Have reset the PVR database on XBMC and defaulted the settings etc... - Just doing the trace debugging now...
Ok, so enabled trace on the add-on, and data started filling the EPG! The only other thing I did was hit the refresh on the TVH web frontend. Assumed that just reloaded the data on the page, but perhaps it refreshes the DB too?

Still getting some group errors on the log, but maybe that's something else?... http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182399
I've seen that bug too (having to refresh in the web interface), that's not a problem in the addon.

I noticed the group error too, it seems you have an empty tag defined.
Ah yes, well spotted, thanks - have renamed the blank tag to 'Something' (no idea what it was before) Wink
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHEADEND TVH addon1