Win My music library stopped updating?
Not sure how it happened but I had all my flac files scraped but now only a handful show up. I have tried a few different skins with no success. I mostly use Confluence and Windows.

I have update the library checked. I also have it unchecked so that it wouldn’t hide the updates. I see that it scans my movies, etc. I also tried a reinstall of Frodo but still having the same problem.

Any suggestions for next steps?

Thanks.
Corrupted database? Try deleting (back it up first!) the database from your userdata/database folder, and then rescan your music library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hmmm.... I don't seem to have a database folder in the user data file under XBMC.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Reading the Wiki, it says that I should have a database with folders such as “MyMusic”, “MyVideos”, etc but I don’t have anything , including the database folder itself. But tv shows, movies, are all scanning and storing what I have watched. Doesn’t seem to be much in the user data file at all.

Should I backup and delete the file entire User Data file and just let XBMC try to rebuild everything??

I did do a reinstall of XBMC but would think there should be something under database.

Thanks!
(2014-02-26, 23:10)Breakerfall Wrote: Doesn’t seem to be much in the user data file at all.

That's because you're looking in the wrong place. The userdata folder is not in c:\program files (x86)\XBMC\. The wiki shows quite clearly near the top, before even scrolling, that the userdata folder is in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\. You might not know that %appdata% means: c:\users\"you"\appdata\roaming\. You may have to change your folder options to show hidden files and folders.

There in that directory you will find XBMC\userdata\databases. I promise you that there will be .db files in that directory.
Your correct, I didn't know what %appdata% was. Thanks.

I found two MyMusic db files, backed them up and deleted. I tried scanning my library again by hitting C and updating, but it still doesn't do anything. I do see a new MyMusic32.db file was created but I still don't have anything in my library.

Other suggestions please??
If you deleted the db files, then you have to add the music source again from the files menu, set the content and scraper, and then let xbmc scrape.
Of course - I should have known that.

Thanks for your help thrak76!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My music library stopped updating?1