The Complete Guide: XBMC/Windows Media Center/ServerWMC/And More
Guide has been moved here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
Just want to add my thanks to advocate99.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
hey advocate99 - thanks for the great tips!

I've tried "If you wish to enable this functionality, you must copy the special xml files that enable this functionality into your skin folder." but I'm using Xperience1080 - when I try this, the series record screen comes up all transparent, and when I move the cursor around it moves around in the background. Any ideas?
SPMC 16.4 - nVidia Shield TV
I use Confluence. You should post a new thread with that question...

(2014-03-01, 00:01)ben.page Wrote: hey advocate99 - thanks for the great tips!

I've tried "If you wish to enable this functionality, you must copy the special xml files that enable this functionality into your skin folder." but I'm using Xperience1080 - when I try this, the series record screen comes up all transparent, and when I move the cursor around it moves around in the background. Any ideas?
(2014-03-01, 00:01)ben.page Wrote: hey advocate99 - thanks for the great tips!

Post a request in the Experience1080 thread requesting the author of the skin incorporate the custom .xml files into his skin. I and others have had quite a bit of success doing this, I don't think any skin authors have refused......YET
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
You're welcome!

And thank you for giving me ServerWMC, which made my dream of having one box (running XBMC) that can play live tv and my home video and photos!

Smile

(2014-02-27, 17:45)krustyreturns Wrote: Just want to add my thanks to advocate99.
ServerWMC caught me off guard when I first stumped across it. (I got that rare, kid at Christmas feeling)
I wasn't expecting anything like this to be possible even.

2014 is off to an exciting start for n the HTPC world.
Quick update: I updated the guide on 3/5/2014 to make a few changes.

Also, as of 3/26/14, both The Daily Show and the Colbert Report XBMC add-ons are broken b/c TDS and TCR changed their web-sites.
the app says appletv, does it also work on the ipad?
Updated the Guide to change the exit/cancel/back button so that pressing it causes you to go back to the prior menu instead of skipping back 7 seconds. I previously updated the guide to show how to make the skip back/forward buttons work as expected in WMC, i.e. skip forward button goes forward 30 seconds and skip back goes back 7 seconds.

Also updated the guide to have Library Update delay 5 minutes after starting up.
Thanks again. I wanted to do a fresh install this week (on a new computer) and I'm finding this guide to be very helpful instead of trying to remember how I figured it all out myself a few weeks ago. I want to keep the remote buttons default MCE this time so I can flip back and forth with ease.
P.S.

So far my standard MCE remote buttons aren't behaving even though I created the keyboard.xml file
http://pastebin.com/PnKueD5W

And placed it:
c:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

Windows 8.1

Did I miss something?
Even tho i personally will probably not use any of what he wrote since i use totally different hardware i have to give advocate99 rep
and a hand shake for taking the time to write up this walk thru.
He has clearly spent considerable time laying out all the details of this to make installing and configuring easier for other users.
Helpful threads such as these are what makes any forum community great.
This is awesome. Thanks for posting this. It would be awesome if we can get a how-to guide of integrating something like MCEBuddy and Comskip to have commericial detection and EDL file generation.
I tried MCEBuddy, but it was very slow, and the EDL files were off. Also, the MCEBuddy EDL files were coded so that they disappear completely. You can't go back and see the skipped parts if you need/want to. There's a way to make the EDL files differently, but I never found the time to figure out how to do it. Somebody should go over to the MCEBuddy people and suggest that change.

If I ever get around to it, I may try it again, but for now, if you do it, let me know how it worked...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Complete Guide: XBMC/Windows Media Center/ServerWMC/And More1