Custom Icons and Remote Directories
for after the feature freeze:

with a lot of people using custom icons for games and movies i think support for remote icon folders would be great (specifically for movies).

right now i am currently ripping all my dvd movies to nas devices (all .iso's) and would love the ability to be able to have a separate folder that contains all the custom dvd icons (made the 3d tilted ones), right now i have mymovie.iso, mymovie.tbn which is fine, but i like things neat and in one place. is there a way to have a folder on the pc called movie icons (or whatever) with all the custom thumbnails, and then have xbmc read the files (movie icons -> mymovie.jpg, mymovie1.jpg, etc...or .tbn) in this folder to get the thumbs for the movie..? that way i can just have .iso files on the nas devices with nothing else?

also, i am a huge fan of imdb, but again with the custom thumbnails id like to be able to have the ability to only download the movie info, and not the movie icon? is this possible, to retain the custom thumbnail but still grab the movie info?
custom thumbs take priority over imdb thumbs (even for the movie info screen) already.

there's a get thumb button on the movie info page for doing the reverse (downloads and applies the imdb thumb over the custom thumb).

perhaps in the future we could alter that to support browsing for a different thumb file.

what you are wanting, though is something quite different, and although it's probably easy enough to do, we likely won't do much about it for quite some time. feel free to look at doing a patch though - the more people contributing the better Smile

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Icons and Remote Directories0