uPnP problems
Hi everyone. I have problems with upnp server with XMBC (using raspbmc and openelec). I have to deactive and activate each time i want to play something in my smart TV or Android smartphone, because they don't find XBMC. At the time of activating it again in XBMC both of them (Android and Smart TV) find the server.

Could you help me with this?.

Thank you.
Nobody with same problem?
Are you running OpenELEC based on XBMC 12.3? Versions 12.1 and 12.2 have broken UPnP issue. Example, my HD Homerun Prime simply does not work on version 12.2, upgraded to 12.3, works fine. Happened on the Windows, Android and AppleTV2 versions I use (I sold the Apple to buy the Pi).

I would manually upgrade to 12.3 to fix these issues.

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
Sorry for delay in my answer. Thank you but I'm having same problem using openlec and raspbmc. The problem exactly is that to make upnp server working I have to have opened the upnp client (for example bubbleupnp for android) and then in rapsberry settings I have to activate upnp server. At that moment upnp client detects the raspberry. However If I close the client and open it again the upnp has gone, I have to deactivate and activate it in the raspberry te be detectable again from upnp client.

Is there a way to capture xbmc log to see if there's an error when I launch the client and can't detect upnp server?

Thnak you.[/align]
I am on Openelec 2.95.3 (Gotham beta 3) and have similar issues. Have had this problem for a long time now over various versions. Have been meaning to post about it but never got around to it.

I saw a post a while back indicating this might be due to having a large library (I do have a lot of TV shows on external storage connected to the pi). It does seem to respond better before I add all my TV shows etc but haven't done enough testing to definitively say this is the cause.

Have also had the problem using XBMC on my Win 7 machine (Windows Media Player always showed up fine though).

During my testing I see that sometimes I can see the XBMC upnp server appear and sometimes not. I think the server advertises itself every so often so it's probably just at those times that I see it show up.

I test using BubbleUpnp on Android, and VLC & Sitecom Controller on iPhone. Also used Upnp-Inspector on Windows.
Gotta stress that I dont have any UPnP problems when running XBMC 12.3. Highly advise downgrading to 12.3 to see if that actually works.

I have read that XBMC 12.1 and 12.2 had broken UPnP code, which was only fixed in 12.3. So if you downgrade to 12.3 Frodo and it still doesn't work, then its not the Gotham build that causing the problem.
I had the same issues in 12.3. Hoped that upgrading to Gotham would fix them.

Have done some packet logging and xbmc simply isn't responding to the SSDP m-search requests.

Using Upnp-Inspector I can see the unicast responses from upnp servers and renders on my android tablet and iphone, just not the xbmc upnp server or renderer on the pi. Restarting the pi causes it to send out SSDP notify packets without issue.

Will try to set debug logging to see if anything shows up.

Update: Have just upgraded to Openelec 2.95.4 and Upnp seems to be working fine so far. I can see the unicast responses appearing now. Will continue to test to see whether or not this is just temporary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPnP problems0