• 4(current)
Android help, j1nx source code
(2014-03-08, 01:40)dhead Wrote: @crappymate

Here's my updated build for the RTL8188ETV, this one with the same kernel config as TLBB, I hope it will solve your issue.
http://d-h.st/kTi (md5 1dfdc1485507b84d059678d56a5acfdc)

Regarding building from source, I've been doing some restructuring to the branches as it was a mess.
I will fix that soon so you could build directly from my staging branch.

@dhead,
Thanks for ur work .
I tested ur new build for m3
http://d-h.st/kTi in the m3 box with new wifi.
When use network manager ,wifi detects and when put pass key ,after while it again prompts for pass phrase key .but if I press cancel and check the Xbmc system status-network ,it's got ip from wifi and internet status shows busy.do u see same issue in ur box m3.
I think u received new m3 box from kentiger.
Did u disable the power saving for wifi ?
It seems it doesn't accept the pass phrase of wifi and hence prompt again.when the box is rebooted ,wifi setting is not saved,so still same issues.
@dhead
I've got the same problem as crappymate so i've downloaded the image as well. The problem isn't the driver exactly, it's the encryption. If you remove the security on a connection then it will connect straight away and hold the connection but as soon as you set WEP or WPA then it fails to connect. Don't know if that will help anyone to fix this issue which now seems to be a major problem that has just surfaced for a lot of people.
@crappymate & wibbilus

This sounds strange, I've got no issue to authenticate to WPA2 with my MX device which got the same RTL8188ETV.
I seen a new commit from J1nx that I've missed, I will compile an update build as soon as I can.

p.s. Amlogic finally released kernel 3.10 for M6 and M8 (yep, quad).
(2014-03-08, 11:02)dhead Wrote: @crappymate & wibbilus

This sounds strange, I've got no issue to authenticate to WPA2 with my MX device which got the same RTL8188ETV.
I seen a new commit from J1nx that I've missed, I will compile an update build as soon as I can.

p.s. Amlogic finally released kernel 3.10 for M6 and M8 (yep, quad).
Thanks mate,appreciate ur work ,looking forward to the update build ,may be fix wifi encryption issue.
I've looked at the Amlogic open source site and they released also an update rtl8818eu driver, worth giving a try.
(2014-03-08, 11:19)dhead Wrote: I've looked at the Amlogic open source site and they released also an update rtl8818eu driver, worth giving a try.

That's great mate,Gotham mx build link points to m3 linux build u mentioned above .may be typo from u.
@crappymate

Thanks, I've corrected the link, anyway here is it
]MX_LINUX-G18REF_MX2REF-update.zip 459c7945ed6d282684194fd3f3ec1226 http://d-h.st/zuA
Here's another build of Frodo for v2.3 (8188ETV) with commit "Fix mount mistake of .sysconfig on userdata"

M3_LINUX_GBOX_v2.3-update.zip 786b10f1a010c9a6d5931ca574b84132 http://d-h.st/9RV
(2014-03-08, 13:21)dhead Wrote: Here's another build of Frodo for v2.3 (8188ETV) with commit "Fix mount mistake of .sysconfig on userdata"

M3_LINUX_GBOX_v2.3-update.zip 786b10f1a010c9a6d5931ca574b84132 http://d-h.st/9RV

Hi,with this build wifi issue seems fixed.connects to wifi fine.still more testing I will be doing.
I am building from croniccorey mx linux too.

What the defconfig I use for m3?
I do Sudo make mx_linux_xiosm3_defconfig. And it throw error no rule to make target, any idea what I am doing wrong here ?
Thanks mate.
@crappymate

Nice to know this fix the authentication issue but I would much like to know if this also bring the wifi to an usuable state.
For me wifi was (didn't test the latest commit) unstable with my MX device, not usuable at all for videos, even browsing through nfs was horrid.

You can build from my staging branch.
(If you're developing then keep in mind that I use the branch for testing the different features I plan to PR so I'm forcing push to it and not merging).
I will create another staging branch for Gotham for quick compiling.

So you need to:
git clone https://github.com/MakakLabs/buildroot-amlogic-xbmc
git fetch
git checkout staging
make m3_linux_f16ref_gbox_v2.3_defconfig
make

If you want to change something, add package (transmission, tvheadend ...) just run "make menuconfig" before the last make.
(2014-03-08, 14:15)dhead Wrote: @crappymate

Nice to know this fix the authentication issue but I would much like to know if this also bring the wifi to an usuable state.
For me wifi was (didn't test the latest commit) unstable with my MX device, not usuable at all for videos, even browsing through nfs was horrid.

(If you're developing then keep in mind that I use the branch for testing the different features I plan to PR so I'm forcing push to it and not merging).

So you need to:
git fetch
git checkout staging
make

If you want to change something, add package (transmission, tvheadend ...) just run "make menuconfig" before the last make.

Thanks for ur assistance,
Yeah it's fixed wifi auth issue,but find still not so stable wifi connection .when playing stream off internet sometime stream stop eg Hellenic tv addon .
When I check system -network info .status for internet is busy or not connected check network settings.
It's flicking between those 2 status.
May be new wifi drivers from amlogic will fix this.

I am following ur command to build it from ur github.
I edited the splash.png and did make menuconfig but tell me your display is too small to run menuconfig ,menuconfig error.
What should I do?
Basically I want to change the boot logo and make the firmware.
Cheers
@dhead

Tried the new build and unfortunately, unlike crappymate, it's not fixed the auth issue for me. I have no idea how to build the image myself as I am a complete Linux noob so i have to rely on your expertise for this. can you include the updated driver in a build so i can try it?
(2014-03-08, 18:28)wibbilus Wrote: @dhead

Tried the new build and unfortunately, unlike crappymate, it's not fixed the auth issue for me. I have no idea how to build the image myself as I am a complete Linux noob so i have to rely on your expertise for this. can you include the updated driver in a build so i can try it?

I am getting inconsistent result with wifi connection .first time I used the new build ,wifi connected fine but now ,I deleted wifi ,did factory reset and trying to join wifi prompts encryption key again and again same like wibblius.this is a frustrating issue,unable to use wifi.
(2014-03-08, 14:15)dhead Wrote: @crappymate

So you need to:
git fetch
git checkout staging
make

@dhead,
In the latest build u have for m3,
Wifi connects but weird issues .after putting wpa2 encryption password,doesnt accept it,says disconnected,ipconfig keep flashing and then prompts for pass key again.
but when press cancel and go back to network status in xbmc shows ,box has got dhcp ip and internet status is busy.
wifi settings no loose with this build,if reboot the box,connect to wifi again itself but internet status in xbmc shows busy,lot of addons don;t work because of internet not being connected.
@dhead and crappymate

just to really cause confusion, i tried the 2.1 release on the new M3 I have and it worked, allowing WPA auth as well but only at a distance of about 2 feet. When i moved it to where i wanted it which was about 8 feet from the router, it wouldn't connect, moved it back next to the router again and it worked.

so:
2.1 connects on wpa but is limited on distance
2.3 won't connect wpa but will connect open security and distance is ok
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help, j1nx source code0