• 6(current)
Android help, j1nx source code
I have a bunch of these m3 with new wifi chips and have been following this thread closely. Thanks for all your efforts dhead. It's really too bad because the m3 on linux was a solid little box. I will keep an eye on this and try any new builds that are released. I also would be willing To donate a box if someone else wants to take a shot at figuring this out.
(2014-03-10, 03:28)dhead Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 21:19)dhead Wrote: Please don't use Gotham builds to test wifi, there may be an issue there related to wifi.

I may have been mistaken, a recent build for my M3 device (with rtl8192cu) is working great.

Here's a Gotham test build for the M3 with the updated RTL8188EU driver, I had to disable some configs in order to built this so this may not work at all.
If you're testing this don't post here without being absolutely sure that you've got the RTL8188EU and not the RTL8192CU.

(lsusb output for RTL8192CU "0bda:018a Realtek Semiconductor Corp."
lsusb output for RTL8188EU "0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.")

Gotham build for v2.3, M3 with RTL8188EU
Gotham_M3_LINUX_GBOX_v2.3-update.zip b0d60ec28dfecbe97f30640bb6cbed40 http://d-h.st/kjK
@dhead
I tried this build in my m3 with new wifi,
Wifi connects fine with this.
Once put wifi password ,connects straight away , no more prompt to input key again.
But lot of addons not supported in Gotham so not good yet for daily use.
Can U put the frodo build with the same changes as this Gotham test build.
Cheers
@crappymate

Really it works for you? I tried it and it kept asking for password over and over. Mine seemed to connect with the Frodo version but was unusable/unstable for add ons. My router is a good distance away and showing 60% signal in network manager. It would connect to my iPhone hotspot easier and faster at 100% so I think the signal strength definitely plays a factor as well.
dhead will you be willing to post a how to, on how to add the module to the current j1nx beta2 buildroot?
I also want to compile j1nx beta 2 which has been working perfect in the old m3 and just add new wifi drivers and see how it performs with wifi.
whats the source of j1nx beta 2 and how do we add drivers etc.
i think build with mx linux is a issue for this m3 device.
i've done some more looking and this is my results if it helps anyone.

using dhead 2.3_nomod build

First issue is the connection. It DOES connect and it connects quickly but the wifi manager still say configuring and eventually asks for the network key again. Escape out of that and it tells you that you've entered a malformed key but it IS connected.

I noticed that the wifi manager says it has detected 2 wifi devices and that's the cause of the next issue.

When i restart, the wifi manager sometimes uses the wrong device. Both have the same mac address but get different IP addresses. I've found that when it has the wrong ip address and the network status says not connected, if i go to disconnect in the wifi manager it disconnects the device with the wrong address and leaves the correct device working.

If we can figure out why the wifi manager is detecting 2 devices we might be able to sort this out.

@dhead

I think we're all very grateful for the work you've done and I don't know if you can sort out this problem but if you can have a look, i'll help in anyway i can
@dhead

can you share your buildtree?
@adrianc1982

https://github.com/MakakLabs/buildroot-amlogic-xbmc
Branches staging or staging_gotham are ready for compilation.
@dhead,
Do u have ur build for mx box not the Gotham one but frodo 12.4 ,u can share with us.
Thanks
@dhead

thanks, building!

@dhead

i was able to build, the stagging branch without a problem but it doesnt boot into xbmc, only the linux penguin with mx linux below him stays there...

any ideas? i used the m3_linux_f16ref_gbox_v2.3_defconfig
(2014-03-11, 07:58)wibbilus Wrote: I noticed that the wifi manager says it has detected 2 wifi devices and that's the cause of the next issue.

Thanks for confirming this one I've seen it too on my MX device but as far as I figured it still not the main issue which is an unstable connection which may be related to usb communication (need allot more debugging to confirm it).
(2014-03-12, 22:21)dhead Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 07:58)wibbilus Wrote: I noticed that the wifi manager says it has detected 2 wifi devices and that's the cause of the next issue.

Thanks for confirming this one I've seen it too on my MX device but as far as I figured it still not the main issue which is an unstable connection which may be related to usb communication (need allot more debugging to confirm it).

Try to create a build with;

- The CUS driver as module (=m)
- The EU driver as in-kernel (=y)

See if that works.
@j1nx

Thanks, it doesn't seem to change anything with my MX device, and for the M3 I believe it won't build as it is, I already tried it in the past (I thinkg the headers need some changes).
I still think this is USB related issue, I'll be more certain when I'll get serial up (my MX device is being used so I'm waiting for a M3 sample to arrive), here're some related messages on the log:

Code:
DEBUG:handle_hc_chhltd_intr_dma:: XactErr without NYET/NAK/ACK
WARN::urb_dequeue:949: urb->hcpriv == NULL! urb = dd4ed500 status=-104
_hcd_isoc_complete:Uknown urb status -2

Anyway, if this issue isn't exist in Android then maybe it's not a bug in the kernel driver and may be fix via config.
I've tried contacting Amlogic in the matter, I don't believe I'll get an answer but it worth the try.
@dhead
Hi,I keep getting signapk.jar errors when building from coreys build for mx linux.any ideas. running ubuntu 12.04 lts with build essentials installed.
What defconfig to build from ur root for mx box ?
Also ,how can u modify Xbmc loading splash screen ,I can replace splash.png and mx_linux.img picture ,but still can't figure out where this Xbmc loading red splash is?
@j1nx

Have you seen the new release of 3.0.50 kernel, I haven't tried building it yet but it looks like it contains some M3 code.
I'm not sure what I can do with it as I don't have access to the updated libamplayer-m3 (if exist) on Amlogic private git repositories.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help, j1nx source code0