• 9(current)
Android help, j1nx source code
No news yet?
Any ETA?
Just received my edimax ew-7811un USB dongle. J1nx beta2 recognizes it flawlessly as it is the same chipset RTL8188CUS that used to be there. This is going to be the best solution vs buggy builds that no one is really working on. Better get them while they are still on the market since they're going to be obsolete sooner or later.

Thanks to adrianc1982 for pointing this out.
I tried a 802.11N USB wifi dongle (Chipset MT7601) and was happy to see that it connected and worked until I tried playing HD video. The WIFI transfer speed was too slow to keep up to the playback.

DO NOT BUY THIS SPECIFIC DONGLE as it doesn't work reliably or good at all.

can you confirm the performance of HD playback using the EW-7811Un?
I didn't have time to really test it out but I did stream a 1080p movie from a fast source and it didn't seem to have any trouble. I will try more tonight.
Tried a few more 1080p streams from fast sources. They played just fine and had a nice buffer build up. Seems like it works just fine. I don't do any streaming over my LAN so I can't confirm local playback.
thats great, I will have to try and get my hands on one of those Edimax dongles to try it out. If you don't mind can you share where you bought yours and how much did it cost?
I got mine local shipping because I wanted to try it right away. It cost me 25$ with shipping from newegg.ca . They are $15 from us amazon site. I've ordered some generic ones from china with the same chipset for $5 each with free shipping and I hope they work as well as the edimax.
(2014-04-05, 18:45)warrior420 Wrote: I got mine local shipping because I wanted to try it right away. It cost me 25$ with shipping from newegg.ca . They are $15 from us amazon site. I've ordered some generic ones from china with the same chipset for $5 each with free shipping and I hope they work as well as the edimax.

Do you have a link to the $5 one you purchased? Have you received it yet, does it work?
I can confirm that the Edimax EW-7811Un wifi chip works mint! Did anyone else find one for less than $20 bucks shipped?
(2014-03-29, 23:20)davilla Wrote: Fixed in pivos branches Smile

Nice, thanks davilla and thanks Pivos.

I had some time to compile and quickly test today an updated Gotham build with Pivos' wifi commits and it looks quite good.

The following is Gotham based build and should work for both RTL8188ETV and RTL8192CU based devices (I only tested the former), did I thanked Pivos ?
I will make an effort to compile a Frodo build later but I don't know if I'll be able to test it (holidays are chaotic).

Few issues to be aware of that specific to this M3 Gotham build
* Shutdown menu won't work (remote shutdown working).
* FFMPEG 1.2 (default on Gotham) compared to FFMPEG 1.2.4 + patches with Corey's Frodo tree.
* Missing the audio sample rate remapping (amlogic dac doesn't work for all sample rates), I think this can be fixed from the kerenl side but we need first to properly test the m3 with different pcm sample rates.
* Missing commits of AudioEngine buffer size changes (which I don't know if needed with Gotham).
* Missing more little tweaks and patches which I personally don't care about regrading keyboard, storage and else.

M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-20140420.zip
5a6677f1315307700eceaaa3c08ae2f1
http://d-h.st/5JH

p.s.
I would much appreciate if someone could confirm that passthrough is working after enabling it via guisettings.xml.

p.s.2
I'll open a new thread later after building Frodo image.

p.s.3
Sources are at https://github.com/MakakLabs/buildroot-amlogic-xbmc and images can be compiled directly from the staging branches.
I didn't pushed the wifi related changes yet.
(2014-04-10, 14:21)dhead Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 23:20)davilla Wrote: Fixed in pivos branches Smile

Nice, thanks davilla and thanks Pivos.

I had some time to compile and quickly test today an updated Gotham build with Pivos' wifi commits and it looks quite good.

The following is Gotham based build and should work for both RTL8188ETV and RTL8192CU based devices (I only tested the former), did I thanked Pivos ?
I will make an effort to compile a Frodo build later but I don't know if I'll be able to test it (holidays are chaotic).

Few issues to be aware of that specific to this M3 Gotham build
* Shutdown menu won't work (remote shutdown working).
* FFMPEG 1.2 (default on Gotham) compared to FFMPEG 1.2.4 + patches with Corey's Frodo tree.
* Missing the audio sample rate remapping (amlogic dac doesn't work for all sample rates), I think this can be fixed from the kerenl side but we need first to properly test the m3 with different pcm sample rates.
* Missing commits of AudioEngine buffer size changes (which I don't know if needed with Gotham).
* Missing more little tweaks and patches which I personally don't care about regrading keyboard, storage and else.

M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-20140420.zip
5a6677f1315307700eceaaa3c08ae2f1
http://d-h.st/5JH

p.s.
I would much appreciate if someone could confirm that passthrough is working after enabling it via guisettings.xml.

p.s.2
I'll open a new thread later after building Frodo image.

p.s.3
Sources are at https://github.com/MakakLabs/buildroot-amlogic-xbmc and images can be compiled directly from the staging branches.
I've didn't pushed the wifi related changes yet.

Appreciate ur work mate but u should have make frodo build coz in Gotham beta lot of addons don't work yet and it's useless for daily use.looking forward to frodo build with wifi fixed.
Can we build from ur source for frodo with wifi issue fixes?
that sounds exciting, can anyone confirm that this works well and fixes the issue with the new wifi chip in Linux?

Most of the add-ons that I use work with Gotham so this release should be good for me if it works.
Figures, I ordered 5 wifi dongles yesterda, lol. That's usually what it takes to get things done. It's like rain after EVERYTIME I wash the car; the forecast could be clear for the next month, but as soon as I wash it....

Thanks for the hard work dhead! Could post a link to the Frodo image here after you open that thread? Thanks!!
Tested the build in new m3, wifi issue is fixed with this , need frodo version now to test all addons.
where did they move the wifi settings to? I can't find where to select my wireless network.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help, j1nx source code0