Movie Sets Behaviour
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the Movie Sets behaviour - am using the Aeon MQ5 skin and my setting under 'Library' is 'Group Movies in Sets = Yes'

watch gallery

I chose the Movie>Sets submenu from my main 'Movies' menu from homepage and I get the Sets list starting with Alien Collection and ending with Victoria Secret Fashion Show Collections (shown in the first pic)

Question is how do these Sets appear in the first place? The only nfos that contain <set>xxx</set> info are my Alien Collection (shown above, but I am unsure if it is here because of my nfo set references or not) and Harry Potter Collection (which is not listed above) - I do not expect a number of sets to be listed here and there are many many missing I would expect to be here - StarWars, Matrix, etc

And on the second image, using the 'Right List' view - how do I get the multiple discarts to to be displayed for the collection ? I see the discart of the individual movies when I click into it - but I want to see all 4 discs coming out from the cover at the 'Collection' level.

Thanks v much in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

You need to install the extended info script to get the disc art for sets.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-02-26, 18:33)Samu-rai Wrote: You need to install the extended info script to get the disc art for sets.

Thanks - I had a look around for it to install but could not find it

Can you point me in the right direction to get it?
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

And if you use XBMC gotham, extented info script need fix,

For fix script for use in gotham, need edit 2 files:

1. File Utils.py, line 175 change code for

"LibraryPath" : 'musicdb://artists/' + str(item['artistid']) + '/' }

2. File default.py line 655 change code for

if xbmc.getCondVisibility("!IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + [SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets/,left)| Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums)]"):
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Found it - thanks guys

still on Frodo at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas on the Sets behaviour issue?

No not sure about that. I use the UMS which gets all the sets info from themoviedb.

I would think it must be something to do with your nfo's.

Am really baffled now.

I just checked those collections and none of the movies that are in the seperate collections have any .nfo files at all.

No idea how and why they are present there - and they do not even contain all the movies from the respective collections.

Undecided

What scrapper do you use?

(2014-02-27, 00:19)Samu-rai Wrote: What scrapper do you use?

Am using themoviedb.org

It does not seem to be scraping the sets correctly and also seems to be ignoring my nfos where I have set tags present.

I'd switch to the universal movie scrapper. It gets the sets info from themoviedb but I've never had any trouble with the sets data it pulls.

Ah - thanks for the headsup . Was not really aware of the Universal Movie Scraper addon.

By the way, do you have Sets tags present in your nfos or event nfos at all?

Or do you just have the movie file and let UMS do all the scraping for you?

No, no NFO's.

UMS gets most of it's info from IMDB, so I just let it do it's thing.

Just rescraped movie library using the Universal Movie Scraper

Unfortunately the same limited, incomplete and random Sets appear.

Do all your movies have NFO's?

I think it must be something to do with those, as I haven't had any issues with sets, and the NFO's are the only difference I can see.

Have you seen this in the wiki?

Quote:4 Movie sets
<movie>
<title>Hellboy - Uncut Extended</title>
<set>Hellboy Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Hellboy 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1487
Get the URL at the end by searching the movie on your favorite movie DB site (but you need a scraper for XBMC of this site) and copy the link from the address bar of the browser.
Doing it this way has the advantage, to get all other information like cast, poster, fanart, rating, etc. automatically from the movie DB site, while being able to specify the exact title.
This is especially helpful for example for the themoviedb.org, which does not recognise "Uncut", "Extended Version", etc. in the movie title.
Only single movie sets are supported

Thanks for this - have seen this before in the wiki

Not all my movies in my library have nfos and the funny thing is that the sets that appear in the list are the newly added movies that do not have nfos

It really is some odd behaviour

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets Behaviour0