Movie Sets Behaviour
So I think what is happening is when you add new movies without NFO's the scrapper is getting the sets info from themoviedb.

When you do have an NFO it doesn't bother to do this, and you possibly don't have the sets tag set correctly in your NFO's.

I would hazard a guess that if you remove all the NFO's and rescrapped your library sets would be showing correctly.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-02-27, 16:43)Samu-rai Wrote: So I think what is happening is when you add new movies without NFO's the scrapper is getting the sets info from themoviedb.

When you do have an NFO it doesn't bother to do this, and you possibly don't have the sets tag set correctly in your NFO's.

I would hazard a guess that if you remove all the NFO's and rescrapped your library sets would be showing correctly.

Think you're right again Samu-rai

I removed the 8 nfos from the 8 Harry Potter movies and rescraped the library.

And voila - Harry Potter Collection appeared correctly under 'Sets'

Now to figure out what is wrong with my nfos and why they are not being read correctly.

At the moment I have <set>Harry Potter Collection</set> in each nfo

Do you think I need the <sorttitle> tags too to make it work?
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Hi,
i always create my sets manually with this tag:

<set order="1">Collection Name</set>
*If you insert this tag in any nfo, the movie will show up as the first movie in the given set name.

<set order="2">Collection Name</set>
*Shown in the set as 2nd movie

<set order="3">Collection Name</set>
*Shown in the set as 3rd movie

Maybe this helps u a bit.
Unfortunately I don't know any other tags to adjust the nfo/Movies.
Thanks for all the help guys

Looks like the way I was doing it and the way mydsmbr suggested both work

I updated library and then cleaned library but could not seem them correctly.

I had to go to the info page of each of those movies and 'Reload' and force it to look at the local nfos for it to work.

- Is that not what the 'Update Library' call does ?

- how would i bulk 'Reload' - ie, force XBMC to reload all my nfos?

thanks
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

No updating a library will only look for new files not in your library.

Change the source scrapper. Save it. Change it back again, and when it asks you if you want to update choose yes.

That should work.

(2014-02-28, 15:00)Samu-rai Wrote: No updating a library will only look for new files not in your library.

Change the source scrapper. Save it. Change it back again, and when it asks you if you want to update choose yes.

That should work.

Thanks - will give it a shot

Managed to get it to work after a few attempts. Cheers

Where would I locally store the poster art for the set collection and what file naming format should I adhere to?

I think it just pics the art randomly from the movies within the sets.

I don't think there is a naming convention for them (could be wrong though).

If you enter the context menu when on a set and select 'choose art' you can manually set the poster and fanart.

By default, xbmc uses a random fanart/logo/poster for the movie set.

But with a add-on you can manipulate this behavior:
Addon: Movie Set Artwork Automator (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502)

This allows you to give every movie set a specific logo/fanart/poster within a defined folder by you.

Here is a example:

Make sure that the naming of the files match the collection name (-fanart, -logo, poster)
A great source for Collection logos/fanarts/posters is here:
http://fanart.tv/?sect=all&s=Collection
(2014-03-03, 00:48)Samu-rai Wrote: I think it just pics the art randomly from the movies within the sets.

I don't think there is a naming convention for them (could be wrong though).

If you enter the context menu when on a set and select 'choose art' you can manually set the poster and fanart.

Perfect - many thanks for this.

Works like a treat Smile

(2014-03-04, 00:55)mydsmbr Wrote: By default, xbmc uses a random fanart/logo/poster for the movie set.

But with a add-on you can manipulate this behavior:
Addon: Movie Set Artwork Automator (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502)

This allows you to give every movie set a specific logo/fanart/poster within a defined folder by you.

Here is a example:

Make sure that the naming of the files match the collection name (-fanart, -logo, poster)
A great source for Collection logos/fanarts/posters is here:
http://fanart.tv/?sect=all&s=Collection

This is really useful mydsmbr

Thanks for the suggestion - will definitely give it a go

@mydsmbr - I like your media case Wink

haha, thanks man.
I love your media case.
Simple and good looking, just a great understanding of design Smile
I'm glad you like them, and thanks for the rep!

So, to get things clear, what exactly does extended movie script do for a person , like me, that already uses Universal movie scraper?

I want to edit those images on the sets so instead of picking up random movie image, i can select an image/logo that has been created for the movie set, so, should i only stick with the
addon Movie Set Artwork Automator ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets Behaviour0