Win DTS-HD Master Audio Issue
Exclamation 
I'm having the following issue.

Whenever I load a video file (MKV format) that has DTS-HD master audio 7.1, in XBMC it is labeled as having DTS-HD master audio 5.1.Huh
Whenever I load a video file (MKV format) that has Dolby TRUEHD 7.1, in XBMC it is labeled correctly as having 7.1 surround sound.Smile

Is this a glitch in the program or do I have to add some sort of prefix in the file name?

Could someone please help me out with this one? It really bugs me. I've tried to find the answer in the wiki but couldn't find it.
Really, does noone here on this forum have a sollution?

Or am I the only person that has this issue? Or that cares about this issue?

To elaborate, I have the same issue in Frodo and in Gotham. The 7.1 audio plays like it's supposed to, but the program doesn't display it correctly.

Sometimes I wonder that the reason why nobody ever responds to my posts is because I'm not a guy.
Currently ffmpeg can't decode DTS-HD MA extension, only the core. The only way to get 7.1 is to pass it through, though the label may still say 5.1
Yes, like I said, playing 7.1 audio is not the issue.
The issue is that it doesn't label it correctly in the library!
We get this info from decoder also for the case of passing audio through. Decoder only gives us 5.1 for DTS-HD MA. The issue will disappear once MA can be decoded by ffmpeg.
What's sad is that you think this:
"Sometimes I wonder that the reason why nobody ever responds to my posts is because I'm not a guy."
Sad
(2014-03-02, 12:22)Rebecca Wrote: To elaborate, I have the same issue in Frodo and in Gotham. The 7.1 audio plays like it's supposed to, but the program doesn't display it correctly.

Sometimes I wonder that the reason why nobody ever responds to my posts is because I'm not a guy.
Sorry, but this is not a male only forum. In fact, I helped a lady to build her first HTPC in this forum several years ago. Getting back to your question, we don't reply to a thread because we don't have answer for it. For most of us, as long as it display, decode and process audio correctly on our AVR, we learned to ignore what it displayed on XBMC....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-03-02, 12:22)Rebecca Wrote: Sometimes I wonder that the reason why nobody ever responds to my posts is because I'm not a guy.

If it makes you feel better, I normally assume everyone is a guy, even if they have a girl's name. Or rather, I assume everyone is an "it" because I never 100% trust what is said on the internet.
Export the library (Settings>Video) then edit the "streamdetails" to 8 channels for audio in the nfo file. Refresh the info and use local content.

(2014-03-03, 04:35)live4ever Wrote: Export the library (Settings>Video) then edit the "streamdetails" to 8 channels for audio in the nfo file. Refresh the info and use local content.

XBMC will update streamdetails the next time it plays the video, so that won't actually help.
(2014-03-02, 23:45)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 12:22)Rebecca Wrote: To elaborate, I have the same issue in Frodo and in Gotham. The 7.1 audio plays like it's supposed to, but the program doesn't display it correctly.

Sorry, but this is not a male only forum. In fact, I helped a lady to build her first HTPC in this forum several years ago. Getting back to your question, we don't reply to a thread because we don't have answer for it. For most of us, as long as it display, decode and process audio correctly on our AVR, we learned to ignore what it displayed on XBMC....

having same problem av receiver displays 7.1 configuration when playing but shows icon on kodi as dts-hd ma 5.1 Undecided

herd ffmpeg may sort this in kodi v.16 release?!! small annoyance if you ask me,
(2015-07-26, 17:47)kikassridec2 Wrote: herd ffmpeg may sort this in kodi v.16 release?

yes, it does. but the change has not been merged yet: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7102
(2014-03-02, 12:33)FernetMenta Wrote: Currently ffmpeg can't decode DTS-HD MA extension, only the core. The only way to get 7.1 is to pass it through, though the label may still say 5.1

Thank you for the explanation. I had run across this issue too and did not understand the why.

In the end I've got it handled in the skin the same way as the 2:35 aspect ratio was handled. Add the number of channels to the file name and modify the skin to use this data when present.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD Master Audio Issue0