Gotham - Windows client install?
I've seen what seems like a minor usability bug in installing the client into Gotham. What I have to do after fresh install of Gotham is first go into settings for live tv and "enable" it. If I don't do that first, I can't get to any pvr clients in the xbmc pvr repo. So after enabling live tv I can can enable the WMC client via settings - addons - get addons. So I do that and then go into WMC client configuration and set my IP and Port, and that works. But when I exit Gotham and then restart, I get a popup saying that no pvr client is enabled. And in fact WMC client is showed as disabled. So again in settings addons I enable WMC client. The config settings are retained so I don't need to redo those. After that the WMC cleint stays enabled and all is well. Has anyone else seen that?

scott s.
The instructions I used two days ago said to manually add the add-on via zip for now.

I see it's part of Gotham now interesting
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Installing
"Note: pvr.wmc is now included in the GOTHAM nightly builds."
scott,

So if I try to reproduce this, the key is a clean install of gotham? No user settings directory?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I install all my XBMC as portable so I don't inherit anything from previous installs. I think now on 3 different nightlies I see the same thing. I don't know that it is unique to WMC -- my guess is it is all pvr addons. I'm thinking there may be folks here who do a lot more playing around with the pvr in Gotham (for me, my "production" systems are on XBMC 12.2, and the client just works, so in Gotham I haven't done much other than verify that I can get it working.) Note that once I do the second "enable" of the client, haven't seen any problem at all after that. Everything works as in 12.2.

I can do another install of a nightly and capture a debug log if needed (assume it is repeatable).

scott s.
I just fresh installed gotham nightly for my first usability test toward replacing 12.2. I installed the WMC plugin from within gotham and all seemed well however I cant seem to connect to any live channels on my existing 12.2 network. I'm not sure if this is as expected or if I need to update my WMC server to something Gotham Specific.

Also, first reboot after enabling the plugin, and the plugin was disabled somehow. Same result as user above, configuration was intact but plugin was disabled. Re-enabled and it was restored. Populates EPG, cant play live streams

Please advise.

Log for Gotham not streaming live TV
http://pastebin.com/Ah6HcG7x
Mt guess would be you don't have your Recorded TV share set up correctly \\LIVINGROOM\Users\Public\Recorded TV should probably be \\LIVINGROOM\Recorded TV
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for the reply. I verified the share is working from this Gotham instance, Server WMC also streams to other PC's on the network running Frodo without issue. Is this a Gothom Specific path that must be used now or just a suggested path for people with new setups?

I guess for clarity, I have Frodo running in several rooms of the house as clients, the Livingroom being my central install currently running Frodo. It all works fine, at least as fine as Frodo can be. I have brought up a new Gotham instance on a fresh install of Windows 7 and have been experiencing these issues.

btw, Server WMC is version 1126, Gotham is todays build.

I manually updated the plugin but same result. I'll start a new thread for my stream issues, I just wanted to confirm the installation issues in gotham as outlined by the original post
\\LIVINGROOM\Users\Public\Recorded TV implies that you've shared your user directory and then browse into the Recorded TV directory, from experience I and others have found it's best to directly share the Recorded TV directory which would look like \\LIVINGROOM\Recorded TV Also you don't say what OS the client is, it may need credentials (user/pass) in order to connect to the share.

EDIT: Just noticed you did say Win7
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Note that as per SoCal's other thread, there is currently a problem with Gotham nightlies from the 26th Feb onwards where they arent handling the UNC paths (\\LIVINGROOM\Share\File.ts) that we are sending windows clients. Non windows are not affected since they get smb:// paths. As per the other thread we are chasing this down with a bug logged on Trac and I suspect either XBMC will be fixed to work with these UNC paths again or we will be asked to change ServerWMC to always send smb:// paths even to windows clients.

Just wanted to mention that here, since this thread also started talking about the streaming issues.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
OK I tested with Gotham 13 Beta1 and get same results (also SoCal's streaming error. 0224 nightly works fine).

I looked closely at XBMC log and couldn't see any particular issue with enabling WMC client. In my case when I first ran XBMC, after enableing live TV I get the "No PVR Add-on enabled" popup in confluence and it takes me to the list of disabled PVR clients so I select WMC (wingl windx x86 edition 0.2.93) and then select enable. Here is maybe where XBMC is gong astray. It immediately starts PVR Manager and loads the WMC client which attempt to connect on 127.0.0.1:9080 (i.e., default) which fails with status (1). XBMC keeps trying to start a session. Eventually I get back in the UI to the WMC settings and then go to "configure" and set my IP for the server and then PVR manager starts WMC client again and this time connects to server. Though now WMC client can't start the stream:

ERROR: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center Client - wingl windx x86 Edition: Error opening stream file, Win32 error code: 2

which I guess is a failure to resolve the path XBMC is giving to the server

Again I exit XBMC and restart it, and immediately I get the "No PVR Add-on enabled" popup and WMC client is again showed as disabled. So I enable it and PVR manager starts it up and all is well (except the stream error is still there).

scott s.
the stream error is the issue discussed where a recent gotham change broke our UNC paths, but we will have a new ServerWMC backend version released shortly that will address this(by using smb paths., as requested by XBMC team)

In terms of the installation sequence, I can only assume it would be the same for all PVR addons though I havent tested it myself... What if you do things the other way... go to the PVR addons and configure WMC addon first, then enable it, then turn on the global LiveTV setting. Does that cause it to stick first time?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-03-05, 03:44)scarecrow420 Wrote: the stream error is the issue discussed where a recent gotham change broke our UNC paths, but we will have a new ServerWMC backend version released shortly that will address this(by using smb paths., as requested by XBMC team)

In terms of the installation sequence, I can only assume it would be the same for all PVR addons though I havent tested it myself... What if you do things the other way... go to the PVR addons and configure WMC addon first, then enable it, then turn on the global LiveTV setting. Does that cause it to stick first time?

1. Server 1129 working great.
2. Went ahead and tried that (configure first, then enable, then exit. On xbmc restart WMC client is marked as "disabled". Enabling it a second time then sticks. I will do another test and look at the Addons16.db for each step.

scott s.
OK went ahead and tested on the 0311 nightly. What I found is on initial install, all the PVR clients are installed and marked in the Addons16.db as "disabled". (In the windows installer at least, there is a switch to install the pvr clients. Note: if you don't select this (default is selected) there is no way to enable Live TV later.) The entry for wmc client in the "disabled" table of the db is id 4. When you run XBMC you first have to set the live TV settings "enable live tv" or you have no access to the pvr addons. When you do enable live TV you can then set wmc client as enabled, and that's how it shows up in the UI. But when you look at Addons16.db, what happens is that wmc cleint is indeed removed from the "disabled" table (as id 4), but it is placed back into the table as id 14 (in my install, initially there are 13 pvr clients installed and in the disabled table, so id 14 is the next entry in sequence).

Every thing works until you exit XBMC, but when you restart it reads that Addons16.db disabled table (I assume) and again shows wmc client as disabled. This time when you enable wmc client it stays enabled and no entry is in the disabled table for it.

I assume this is related to the somewhat convoluted behavior of the "live tv enable" setting. Instead of working like all other addons (where you can "get addons" from repos, install, and then configure/disable/enable, etc) for PVR only, you can't see them in get addons, nor in the list of enabled or disabled addons, unless you first set that "live tv enable" setting. So I'm thinking the logic that runs when you set that setting is bugged. And as mentioned earlier, if you try to enable live tv without having installed the pvr clients during program install, XBMC locks up (in windows 7 anyway) and you have to kill it.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Windows client install?0