"File is no longer available" Share problems
Got it solved. There were a couple of things going on.

1. The reason that my TV show files weren't accessible was because my permissions for that folder didn't get saved properly. Once I fixed that, then I could scan them in properly and play them remotely. I suppose that it was reading some info from the MySQL db, but couldn't see/play the files without full permission. I did this without the advancesettings file in place so that I could prove file access.

2. I decided to wipe all libraries/sources clean and make sure that both installs of xbmc would not auto-scan anything at startup. For some crazy reason both installs would automatically find a prior tv path and scan in my library. The host pc picked up the local path, the remote pc picked up the network path of course. I deleted both myvideos75 db files and tried again. The remote pc finally was stable and didn't scan anything in. The host pc, however, still found the local path somehow and began scanning in tv shows. It even had accurate watch status and previous episodes. I suppose that's because of my prior library export and the resulting nfo files.

At this point I decided to uninstall both instances of xbmc and start from scratch. I did the host machine first, completely uninstalling and reinstalling xbmc. I confirmed no funny business of auto-detecting any files by turning on update on startup. That was successful so I shut down, added my advancedsettings xml, started up and added both movie and tv network paths and allowed library update. Verified the MySQL databases had entries in them, and that side was done.

Reinstalled on remote pc, turned on update on startup. Confirmed nothing was auto-detected. Shut down and added advancedsettings, started up and the library was instantly visible. I checked all functionality, pause/resume, watched status, etc. and it all works! It even has accurate watch status and recently added status. Again, I suppose that's from my prior export before everything got screwed up.

Sorry this is so long, but I figured I'd document my experience in case it can help someone down the road. Thanks for the help Nick and Ned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"File is no longer available" Share problems0