Android Sponsors (Ouya)
Hi, I don't see Ouya logo in XBMC Sponsors list anymore. Anyone knows why ?
Correct, sponsorships last 12 months. We'd be happy for them to sponsor us further should they wish, however we haven't had any luck in getting a response to our queries.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you for quick reply. I really do hope they get back on board again. I wanted to purchase Ouya units, but not unless they're official sponsors.
(2014-02-28, 02:57)gershe Wrote: Thank you for quick reply. I really do hope they get back on board again. I wanted to purchase Ouya units, but not unless they're official sponsors.

Sponsorship is no strings attached, so OUYA and OUYA hardware doesn't get anything special from a sponsorship. If a given box is good for running XBMC then that is simply the case, with or without being a sponsor.
It appears they do get something in this case: They get a sale. While sponsorship is no strings attached from XBMC's perspective, there's nonetheless sound, commercial reasons why any hardware manufacturer would be interested in becoming a sponsor.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-28, 06:08)jmarshall Wrote: It appears they do get something in this case: They get a sale. While sponsorship is no strings attached from XBMC's perspective, there's nonetheless sound, commercial reasons why any hardware manufacturer would be interested in becoming a sponsor.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Indeed, I just meant from a technical standpoint ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sponsors (Ouya)0