Mohu Channels...
Anybody have any more info about this device....Mohu Channels....on kickstarter....did not say much about what kind of SOC they will use....and it's android.....wonder if it can do XBMC or not
FAQs on the bottom of their kickstarter page says not reliably
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moh...es-tv-smar

Quote:Will Mohu Channels support XBMC?
After extensive quality testing, we have determined that XBMC does not work reliably with this release of Mohu Channels.

Also in the backers forums a Mohu rep said...
Quote:XBMC app runs, but a lot of its internal function does not. We are still running tests. Smile

Until the product starts arriving in June we wont know for sure. I'm sure it will be tested once people start getting their Channels... I know I will... Big Grin
Wow how did I miss this? I like the idea and can't wait to see the end product.

Hey, just an update.
I am using Mohu Channels with the current Kodi download via Google Play Store with no issues.
Works flawlessly, remote takes some getting used ton though.
Haven't kept up with Mohu Channels. There was a lot of hype for the kickstarter, but then seemingly lots of issues reported by early testers, and the box being underpowered. Anyway, haven't seen much in the way of online press/review of Channels (unless I missed them).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Yeah, I was a backer.
Some of the betas were off.
But the finish is not bad, took some tweaking to dial in to my specs but satisfied with the overall.
It gets mixed reviews, depends on who you are and what you plan or want to do with it.
(2015-09-16, 16:03)DreadPirateLord Wrote: Hey, just an update.
I am using Mohu Channels with the current Kodi download via Google Play Store with no issues.
Works flawlessly, remote takes some getting used ton though.

How were you able to get smb working? I have tried it with this and spmc version and it fails to see anything.
For the record, Mohu Channels makes for a great Kodi box! I picked up two for $20 a piece on meh.com (failed product closeout sale). I've had Rokus on all my TVs for years, and picked these up just to goof around with the TV tuner functionality. Little did I know that it would introduce me to Kodi! The Mohu is a decent TV tuner, but a buggy and clumsy streaming box for most apps, but none of that matters, because Kodi works well on it, so who needs the other apps? I still use my Roku for mainstream apps like Netflix, Sling TV and Amazon TV, but for everything else, I switch over to the Mohu and run Kodi. It blows Plex on the Roku out of the water.

Mohu Channels was a great idea let down by poor execution. Once you get the hang of it, it's great -- but most people don't have the patience to learn how to deal with an "air mouse." The reliance on the QWERTY remote was a major flaw (no modern device should be 100% relient on a proprietary remote), but the design of that remote, horrible for TV tuning and other apps, just happens to be perfect for use with Kodi.

The TV tuner functionality, with integrated guide and time shifting, is really cool, and works much better than most built-in tuners, where channel finding and guide function (if present) are painfully slow. Mohu speeds all that up by pulling reception and program data from the web rather than relying on the digital TV signal alone. If the next NVidia Shield or similar device could incorporate a TV tuner into an Android platform like the Mohu Channels, with just a bit more refinement and and DVR functionality,we'd finally have a Roku and Apple TV killer on our hands.
(2015-12-28, 09:00)Mister Mike Wrote: For the record, Mohu Channels makes for a great Kodi box! I picked up two for $20 a piece on meh.com (failed product closeout sale). I've had Rokus on all my TVs for years, and picked these up just to goof around with the TV tuner functionality. Little did I know that it would introduce me to Kodi! The Mohu is a decent TV tuner, but a buggy and clumsy streaming box for most apps, but none of that matters, because Kodi works well on it, so who needs the other apps? I still use my Roku for mainstream apps like Netflix, Sling TV and Amazon TV, but for everything else, I switch over to the Mohu and run Kodi. It blows Plex on the Roku out of the water.

Mohu Channels was a great idea let down by poor execution. Once you get the hang of it, it's great -- but most people don't have the patience to learn how to deal with an "air mouse." The reliance on the QWERTY remote was a major flaw (no modern device should be 100% relient on a proprietary remote), but the design of that remote, horrible for TV tuning and other apps, just happens to be perfect for use with Kodi.

The TV tuner functionality, with integrated guide and time shifting, is really cool, and works much better than most built-in tuners, where channel finding and guide function (if present) are painfully slow. Mohu speeds all that up by pulling reception and program data from the web rather than relying on the digital TV signal alone. If the next NVidia Shield or similar device could incorporate a TV tuner into an Android platform like the Mohu Channels, with just a bit more refinement and and DVR functionality,we'd finally have a Roku and Apple TV killer on our hands.

Nvidia Shield already has live tv channels app that works with HD Homerun.

I always thought its better to keep a DVR/PVR backend separate with TV tuner than with the streaming box. It looks much cleaner and centralized that way. Get a Simple TV or HD Homerun with a NAS to record all your stuff and put it away in a cabinet or basement somewhere. No antenna wires around the TV or the set top box. Much better in my opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mohu Channels...0