Help with notifications
My add-on displays a list of videos. When a video is higher quality than the user's preferred maximum in settings, I'd like to execute a notification when they try to play the video. Is there a url that I can pass to xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem() that will prompt the user when activated?

For example, 'Video1' is only available in 720p, but the user does not want to play videos above 480p. I'd still like for them to see the video, but when they try to play it, a notification should let them know that it exceeds their maximum video quality preference.

Thank you
What I do, in a particular plugin I have, is I have the user specify his format types in the settings. Then when the plugin builds the lists of videos, it cross checks these settings against the types available. So if the exact type of video stream quality as requested is available, the plugin will add the video to the list as an AddVideo (so it will automatically play if they click on it). If the video is only available in formats that they don't prefer, it will add it to the list as as AddDirectory, which is a plugin URL that loops back to the plugin so that when the user clicks on it, the plugin will create a list of AddVideos representing each stream quality available. The user realizes, by being presented a list, that the video is not available in their preferred quality, so they can either choose an alternative or back out and watch a different video.

Hope that helps.
I'll give that a try. Thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with notifications0