Solved setup headless WMC server?
So it looks like my issue is that TV will not play under virtualbox and therefore does not work under teamviewer. I'm looking to do the same @Krusty and migrate the media center instance to a PC connected to a TV. This will resolve the issue of not being able to debug TV. Do you use XBMC or Media Center in your main setup? I just found out HBO is included in my "basic" cable package for some reason. I'd like to be able to watch on at least one TV and so far as I can tell the only way is to watch directly in Media Center.
Yeah, premium channels like hbo only play on wmc, no other computer based software will play them afaik. Although you can set up recordings on premium channels with serverwmc. My kids and I all use xbmc for viewing, my wife continues to use wmc - although she is slowly changing over too. I use a harmony 880 on our main tv that has wmc and xbmc set as separate activities so its easy to choose your viewer of choice.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-02, 21:18)sbthomas Wrote: When using TeamViewer, I can get to Settings -> TV -> TV Signal. Does that work for you?

I have a question as well, my Media Center server is virtual and I cannot plug in a monitor. I can only access via VirtualBox, TeamViewer, and RDP. None of these allow me to actually watch TV. RDP says viewing is not allowed over RDP. VirtualBox and TeamViewer says Video Error: Files needed to display video or are not working correctly. Has anyone been able to play TV through TeamViewer?
My ServerWMC backend is running on a Virtual Machine hosted by VMWare workstation running on a Win 8.1 "server" PC. When I connect to the ServerWMC VM using the VMWare console (eg a tab in VMWare workstation), I can see video and watch TV in WMC however it is jerky etc for obvious reasons. Good enough to troubleshoot/debug things with if required though. VMWare console is basically like having a monitor plugged in, eg you can see the BIOS/boot screens etc. If i use RDP etc then video doesnt work. Im not sure about Virtual Box or TeamViewer and whether they can be similar to a direct attached console or not, sorry
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I installed the Direct3d WDDM support in virtualbox and am now able to view (poorly) live tv in media center. Good enough for troubleshooting. I am still not able to view HBO and other copy protected content but I suppose that isn't surprising.
I just updated TeamViewer from v 8 to v 10. Now it works! Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup headless WMC server?0