Remove Entries in Exising NFO's
Hi all,

Firstly thanks to you all for keeping this wonderful app rolling. I've been using this since I hacked my xbox years ago and nothing in my mind compares to the functionality and layout of emm.

Ok...enough a** kissing Wink

I'm currently using the latest 1.3.20

I would like to remove the http links for actors images (am now using .actors folder), imdb star ratings, votes and top 250. I've set this up for new movies not to be scraped but how can I remove these elements in exiting nfo files?

I've tried playing around with various options but have not won this round yet.

I'm not so keen to manaully edit each nfo as I have 1300 movies. I also have a very large amount of Japanese language movies which I've had to manually set the genres and other items for each over time they are are not fully listed on the regular scrapping sites, so rescraping could loose me a lot of custom nfo content.

If this is not possible via ember then all I can think of is to use a app which can search for text strings inside the nfo, like <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com and have it auto deleted/edited.

Can anyone advise and/or point out pitfalls etc?

Cheers all
Confusion is just a state of mind.
As far as I know it's not possible to delete tags from nfo - Ember only adds and updates tags I think. Maybe a clean nfo tagxx feature could be added in future (for files it can already be done in Ember). I also don't know any tool which you can use to do that. I use Bulk Rename utility for all my renaming taks, maybe you can check it out?

I know the pain of missing infos on TMDB site - personally I added all missing infos there whenever I noticed there are some movie information missing for one of my scraped movies. It takes more time this way but the advantage is, that I can rescrape/rebuild all my nfo without missing something the next time I need to do this
Yep, I'm starting to agree that it not possible to remove these tags easily. Googling hasn't really thrown up anything either.

I checked out bulk rename but I thin it does not deal with editing internal files. Looks way too complicated anyhow Smile FYI for my renaming needs I use Lupas Rename...it's old but works flawlessly.

Cheers
Try Notepad++. I am not very good but here is what i know. Here is how i use to remove single lines like the trailer URL. Start the program and press Ctrl+Shift+F. In the window that will popup enter:
  • Find what: <trailer>.*</trailer>
  • Replace with: something character combination that is a nonsense like #$%
  • Filters:*.nfo
  • Directory: <path-to-movies-folder>
  • Search mode:Regular expression
Hit Replace in Files. Now the trailer line should be replaced "#$%". The second replacement will remove the line completely:
  • Find what: \r\n #$%\r\n
  • Replace with: \r\n
  • Search mode:Extended
Hit Replace in Files.
That is how i do it - there should be even easier way but someone should teach me Smile

In your case if you want to completely remove the <actor> tags you will need to replace multiple lines. I am not sure if its going to work but if you decide to try - first do a backup of your .nfo files and test before editing your .nfo files. Its almost the same:
  • Find what: <actor>.*</actor>
  • Replace with: #$%
  • Search mode:Regular expression . matches new line
Hit Replace in Files. Now to the second part:
Hit Replace in Files and you should no longer have <actor> tags in your .nfo files.
You Sir (or Madam) are quite the genius Big Grin

Using notepad++ works great with your examples. The only differences for me was when using \r\n #$%\r\n I had to include 1,2 or more character spaces after \r\n and before #.

So....I've been able to remove Ratings, Votes and Top250 from my nfo's Actors I didn't want to remove but the " <thumb>http " entry. This is a little more problematic as it leaves behind the #$% in different locations (diff number of character spaces) and could be deleting entries I want to keep but that's for another weekend for me to check out.

Thanks a million for this info. Probably in the grand scheme of things nothing will change performance wise etc but, once you gone to the trouble with correct name formats and what not it's hard not to stop try to clean up other areas Smile

Cheers again.
Don't forget the reload the movie nfos with "tools -> reload all movies" to update the Ember DB.
(2014-03-02, 12:25)NEOhidra Wrote: Try Notepad++. I am not very good but here is what i know. Here is how i use to remove single lines like the trailer URL. Start the program and press Ctrl+Shift+F. In the window that will popup enter:
  • Find what: <trailer>.*</trailer>
  • Replace with: something character combination that is a nonsense like #$%
  • Search mode:Regular expression
Hit Replace in Files. Now the trailer line should be replaced "#$%". The second replacement will remove the line completely:
Hit Replace in Files.
That is how i do it - there should be even easier way but someone should teach me Smile

In your case if you want to completely remove the <actor> tags you will need to replace multiple lines. I am not sure if its going to work but if you decide to try - first do a backup of your .nfo files and test before editing your .nfo files. Its almost the same:
  • Find what: <actor>.*</actor>
  • Replace with: #$%
  • Search mode:Regular expression . matches new line
Hit Replace in Files. Now to the second part:
Hit Replace in Files and you should no longer have <actor> tags in your .nfo files.

fantastic! I'm a big Notepad ++ fan myself (it's my default texteditor at home and at work) but I didn't know about those possibilies Smile
(2014-03-01, 13:18)FlashPan Wrote: ... I've set this up for new movies not to be scraped ...

Hello ...
Can you please tell me what settings do you use for this, because even if i chek "do not save url in nfo" ...I have url for actors thumbs ...Sad

Thanks
(2014-03-03, 20:31)mardup Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 13:18)FlashPan Wrote: ... I've set this up for new movies not to be scraped ...

Hello ...
Can you please tell me what settings do you use for this, because even if i chek "do not save url in nfo" ...I have url for actors thumbs ...Sad

Thanks

HI,

Yep sorry, that was my kind of mistake. In movies settings when I checked Do Not Save URLs to Nfo I assumed that included the actors ...which now I know does not.

I thought about deleting the actors thumbs using notepad++ but then on any re-scrapes I was thinking they would come back again. So for the moment and leaving that as is.

Cheers
ok thanks !
A great tool for operations like this is TextCrawler.
Please Dan, add feature to context menu: remove data field.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 10:09)fred_gaou Wrote: Please Dan, add feature to context menu: remove data field.

Please Fred, add a feature request on our bug tracker: Link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Entries in Exising NFO's0