Win [solved]Desinterlacing issue w. ATI HD 7750
Hi,

I have tested both GOTHAM & FRODO..

My question: are AMD Graphics solutions realy compatible with XBMC Under WindowsHuh

The picture looks awfull with plenty combing effect...

Tried to play unsuccesfully with video settings...

Thanks for any advice...
(2014-03-02, 01:05)jdur Wrote: My question: are AMD Graphics solutions realy compatible with XBMC Under WindowsHuh
I have several AMD GPU's, and it is great for XBMC. Below are some ideas to insure smooth playback using AMD GPU's-

-Update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Graphics Drivers and Software
-Disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
-Enable DXVA2 and select Auto detect as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
-Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output
-Select "Balanced" power option in Windows control panel
-If there is an option, you can set AVR to pass-thru video (HDTV usually do a better job than AVR in video department)

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@jdur

Quote:The picture looks awfull with plenty combing effect...
Combing is likely from deinterlacing not active/off, likely affecting ota recordings or strange dvds, 1080i/480i, etc. The 7750 rocks in that area in xbmc. You should not have combing.
To fix.. Kind of in a strange place, IMHO.
1) Play the interlaced video (or telescened PPPII cadence). Move the mouse to get the time slider menu.
1a) Click the movie film reel icon to get the menu up.
2) deinterlace video >> auto
3) deinterlaced merthod >> dxva best (assuming you enabled dxva2 in settings/video playback.
4) scroll down, >> set as default for all videos. (Else it only fixes this one).

More reading, see- 4 OSD video settings: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_playback

Note in CCC make sure deinterlacing is slid to the right = vector adaptive (uncheck auto). That gives the best quality, better than most TVs can do.

Now if your video was reencoded to progressive from an interlaced source without good deinterlacing. There is no good fix for it.
Thanks a lot bluray & gfisher...

I gonna test all you recommand.

I keep you informed about the results.....
it works flowless now....

I would say it's a little bit weird that all settings are not gathered in only one window...
Or at least desinterlacing is default....

it's somewhat confusing for noobs asking silly questions....

THanks again...
@jdur, glad it worked. I forgot to mention, also in that menu set scaling to the best setting too (don't forget set for all videos). It helps with videos not at your viewing panel resolution. For example upscaling 480p>> 1080p... Google terms: Lancos3/bilinear/spline, etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved]Desinterlacing issue w. ATI HD 77500