how to change hdmi drivers from microsoft to AMD/ATI
I am having one of those frustrating problem where I know what is the problem but can t seem to be able to fix it.

First I got a clevo mobile computer with an amd 7870m video card. my onboard audio is realtek
I am on windows 7-64

Recently I had to update my catalyst driver.
I remember that in my audio device I was seeing AMD HDMI audio device. but sice I've updated my catalyst drivers (and eventually whent back to 12.9 because I read that it was a possible solution to my problem). I am stuck with generic microsoft driver on my High definition audio device.

I have installed the realtek driver 2.73(also tried 2.70 and 2.67). but I still end up having my HDMI controller stuck with generic microsoft driver even if I disable then uninstall them.

I've tried a lot of thing but I can't end up with AMD/realtek drivers on my hdmi device.

the microsoft generic driver work fine by the way exept they don't support DTSMA and DDtrueHD but everything else is working.

I am testing all this via XMBC Frodo build with WASPI setup and I used to be able to play DTSMA and DDtrueHD thru HDMI in the past(I saw DTS Master audio decoding on my amp display witch is a Pionner SC-07) so I know it can work.

anyone got clue about this?
Uninstall all audio drivers then do a custom amd catalyst install and chooses the HDMI audio driver.
Hemm I've tried but I don't see any HDMI audio option in the custom installation choice. (with the latest catalyst 13.12 or my mobo 12.9 one)
Does it no longer look like this http://www.ghacks.net/2012/12/27/what-th...ions-mean/
(2014-03-02, 20:29)vellonese Wrote: Hemm I've tried but I don't see any HDMI audio option in the custom installation choice. (with the latest catalyst 13.12 or my mobo 12.9 one)
I'm not sure how you updated your AMD driver. I found that the best way to update it is this- AMD Driver Autodetect. Let me ask you this- are you trying to connect your laptop to AVR-->HDTV using two HDMI cables? If it is, have you re-verify to make sure that the correct HDMI input is selected in AVR?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
well I do not see the option in the catalyst set up, but I see the drivers in exacted folder. so i did tried to manually install those and wiindows accepted them and I can now see "AMD High definition audio" in the material screeen. problem is now I do not have an audio HDMI out so there must be something else that is conflicting with this. Maybe it has something to do with the "High definition audio controller" that I see in the system devices?

I will do some more testing with this tonight and see if I can finnaly figure it out.

and yes I am connected with 2 HDMI cable via my AVR and actually everything work fine with the generic microsoft drivers(exept no DTSMA and DDtrueHD)
(2014-03-03, 14:44)vellonese Wrote: problem is now I do not have an audio HDMI out so there must be something else that is conflicting with this.
Don't quite understand this? are talking about the Playback devices screen in Windows? this one

What brand and model of your laptop?
(2014-03-03, 15:16)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 14:44)vellonese Wrote: problem is now I do not have an audio HDMI out so there must be something else that is conflicting with this.
Don't quite understand this? are talking about the Playback devices screen in Windows? this one

yes this is the screen. when I force in the amd driver with a manual install, I see no conflict, windows tell me the drivers work but I see only the 2 realtek output. no more HDMI devices.

my computer is a Clevo P170EM with a 7970m video card and Realtek onboard sound.
(2014-03-04, 00:54)vellonese Wrote: my computer is a Clevo P170EM with a 7970m video card and Realtek onboard sound.
I never heard of Clevo brand. You might want to contact Clevo to see what they say about the driver. As far as I know, some laptops have specific drivers for their iGPU/GPU...
Clevo are commonly know as sager computer. and yea, I used the clevo drivers from there web site but when I had a working configuration last year, I still had to install the amd hdmi drivers. on top of everything, but now thoses drivers aren't working anymore.

Here are some screenshot of my config as it stand :

Under Sound, video and game controllers you should have the amd driver listed.

Uninstall that High Definition Audio driver and the Realtek one as well, then make sure to reboot before trying to install the amd drivers.
ok, I've tried again a bunch of method to no avail....

when I try to run the HDMI AMD exeutable driver it tell me that I do not have the appropriate hardware for those drivers.

but if I force them manually it stick(using the file HDXATI64.inf).

but it see mquite unstable as is says only 2 channel audio when I pluggin my amp, and I got no sound(system said the device is used by something else) also as soon as I choose the checkbox to handle bitstream audio. I reboot I get blue screen loop.

could this be related to the controller driver instead. anyone using a working AMD audio driver can tell me if their system device/high definition audio controller drivers are microsoft or Realtek amd?
Mine look like this :
Solved it!

I actually had to run the intel HD4000 drivers install executable file so that it also put those INTEL drivers for HDMI sound. in the past I had to manually force the HD4000 driver for my enduro card so I was so used to it then I never tried to run the intaller wich now work.

now I can lisen to 7.1 TDSMA sound, and it is great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to change hdmi drivers from microsoft to AMD/ATI1