Go directly back to Home Screen on XBMC ATV2 via Apple remote?
Hi

Hope someone can help or shed some light on this ....

I would like to go directly back to the Home screen for example when I am buried a few folders deep in Videos-Files .. via the Apple remote. At the moment I have to keep going up 1 level till I am back to the Home screen and this can take alot of clicks.

Anyone got a solution to this? or know what options there are to make this easier?

I also notice that nice "Home" icon in the bottom-right of the screen. However, I cannot access it with the remote control. It seems to be there for a mouse or touch interface.

Any help and/or suggestions welcome.

Thanks heaps in advance

Cheers
X
you could map a button to "Home" in your joystick.AppleRemote.xml.

Something like:

<button id="8">ActivateWindow(home)</button>

That will make "Hold Menu" show the home screen.
You can also consider trying an XBMC remote app on your smart phone.
Apple TV2 running XBMC Gotham beta
(2014-03-13, 07:06)guentjo Wrote: you could map a button to "Home" in your joystick.AppleRemote.xml.

Something like:

Thanks guentjo

Will give that a try and report back
(2014-03-13, 07:06)guentjo Wrote: you could map a button to "Home" in your joystick.AppleRemote.xml.

Something like:

Hi guentjo

I tried this and it seems to have worked although I am using button id 7. I have a few questions that I hope you can help with.

When i use button id 8 I can not get the context menu for videos.

I have had to put this action in GLOBAL and VIDEOFILES

Is that the correct place to add this in the keymap?

Cheers
X
Button ID 8 was an example only; you can code it to any button. I'm not sure if you asking a question or not.

If it's in Global, you shouldn't need to put it anywhere else. However, chances are, you have ID 7 coded for something else in the sub-levels. If you do, it will override the global command. So make sure it's not somewhere you don't want it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Go directly back to Home Screen on XBMC ATV2 via Apple remote?0