• 3(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
The volume keys are RF not IR so they at sent and received through the USB dongle
Sorry, I saw that information.... but it didn't register. Re-reading I think I understand now the IR setup on this remote. It looks like only the orange keys are IR, the left mouse and arrow don't transmit anything and all the other keys on both side are RF? I'm sacraficing the d-pad to use as volume.... just mean I can't control my TV's menus.... which I don't do often anyway. So my next question, if the volume up/down are RF then...... why aren't they controling windows volume?

Lastly, I'm having the same issue as one of the posters above where I've installed your keyboard.xml and mouse.xml files. The mouse.xml file DOES what it's supposed to do, but the my mail key is not mapped to stop, search key loads a windows search and the home key pulls up Chrome (I think it was chrome)....... is there something that needs to be done to "activate" those files?

Oh, and thank you so far for the feedbackSmile
do you have the usb dongle plugged into your computer? if im assuming correctly your computer is plugged into your tv? that is the only way to receive the RF signal sent from the remote for anything that is NOT an orange button, which are all IR buttons.

i also will agree with you that i have used the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml and i am not seeing the functionalities described either
No, the RF dongle is plugged in and everything else works in XBMC..... .just the volume buttons don't do anything. Thanks!
hmm thats odd. mine worked right out of the box. im not sure about that one unfortunately
(2014-09-04, 21:53)fliberdygibits Wrote: Hoping someone can shed some light. I've got this same remote and I'm having trouble with the volume keys. When the remote is just on and waiting there is a small blue light on near the front. When I press and hold the "Set" key, an orange light right next to that comes on. First it appears dim, then after 4 seconds it brightens. I can set the power, mute, menu, input all just fine. I click the button the the Rii and the orange button starts to blink. When I click the corresponding key on the original device remote the orange light blinks a few times then returns to solid. After that the key works fine. Except for the volume keys. When I follow this same procedure and click the volume up key on the Rii the BLUE light blinks once, the orange light goes out and I'm out of learning mode. What am I missing?

Thanks!

May I ask, how did you get the "orrange" buttons to work? Like Mute, Menu, Set...
Do you have any IR receiver? I still don't understand how they work...I suppose they are IR (infra red) buttons, aren't they?
Yes they are infrared and your receiving device must have an IR receiver
They are running my TV so I didn't need an IR receiver added on to anything. That is ultimately where my problem comes in I want to be able to control my TV volume, but I never imagined a universal remote that could operate my TV's menus, power, mute, input but NOT the TV's volume. that one single thing..... that the volume keys are NOT IR...... made this into a non-starter for me.
(2014-09-06, 22:46)mikexmayhem Wrote: Yes they are infrared and your receiving device must have an IR receiver

You mean like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infrared-Remote-...5d4da8c543
(2014-08-29, 22:43)0Neji Wrote:
(2014-06-18, 23:10)Hakenz Wrote: I have one of those Rii remotes, not exactly the i25, but the i13. It works pretty much the same as yours: RF Keyboard on one side and Learning IR on the other side.

My advise is: GET A FLIRC! Its the best way of set up a IR remote control, you can make whatever you want... it's TV remote, HTPC remote, Mouse and keyboard in one device.

Keyboard + Learning IR + FLIRC = Best Remote EVER!

I'm currently lost in remotes - I love the look of the Rii i25 and I'm a bit shallow and I'd love to use the d-pad for xbmc as well as my bravia smart TV. I'm assuming the FLIRC would let me do that? I don't have an MCE remote to 'teach' it and don't fancy buying one just for the purpose.

The Rii i25 is the only remote that ticks almost every box, it's just this one little thing that's putting me off.

(2014-09-03, 04:26)mikexmayhem Wrote: i would also love to know if i get FLIRC would it allow me to teach IR functions to the Rii i25?

i would also still love an answer to this topic. anyone have any ideas?
(2014-09-10, 00:53)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 22:43)0Neji Wrote:
(2014-06-18, 23:10)Hakenz Wrote: I have one of those Rii remotes, not exactly the i25, but the i13. It works pretty much the same as yours: RF Keyboard on one side and Learning IR on the other side.

My advise is: GET A FLIRC! Its the best way of set up a IR remote control, you can make whatever you want... it's TV remote, HTPC remote, Mouse and keyboard in one device.

Keyboard + Learning IR + FLIRC = Best Remote EVER!

I'm currently lost in remotes - I love the look of the Rii i25 and I'm a bit shallow and I'd love to use the d-pad for xbmc as well as my bravia smart TV. I'm assuming the FLIRC would let me do that? I don't have an MCE remote to 'teach' it and don't fancy buying one just for the purpose.

The Rii i25 is the only remote that ticks almost every box, it's just this one little thing that's putting me off.

(2014-09-03, 04:26)mikexmayhem Wrote: i would also love to know if i get FLIRC would it allow me to teach IR functions to the Rii i25?

i would also still love an answer to this topic. anyone have any ideas?

I actually bit the bullet and bought the FLIRC and the Rii. Previous posters are correct that only the orange buttons are IR which means that for me, it's missing a few buttons to fully replace my TV remove (like volume, for example). That disappointment aside everything is working pretty well. The mini keyboard and the non-IR buttons on the remote side all work perfectly, the air-mouse is a little difficult to use but not bad.

As for the FLIRC and the IT buttons - it's also working very well. I had to plug the FLIRC in to a USB extender cable and have it poking out just underneath my TV. I've programmed the power button to switch off the TV, can use the D-PAD in XBMC having mapped those buttons to the arrow keys and everything is working well.

It's an expensive solution and it if only had a few extra IR buttons - it would be perfect. I only really use the PC so I can put up with it but if you're looking to completely replace your TV remote - that may be a deal-breaker. Having said that, I couldn't find anything like the Rii with enough IR buttons sadly.
Hello,
I have also bought Rii i25 and mapped IR orange keys with tv and av amplifier. So far so good.
Then I used keymaps and mouse xml, and back button is the only one working..
Mail button opens outlook, search opens window search and browser opens web browser.
This happens in windows and in xbmc also. I ve tried changing keymaps with no more luck.
I ve tried keymap editor plugin but I think it doesnt recognise the buttons.
Any ideas ?

The htpc is win7 x64 btw.
(2014-10-13, 20:41)archit3ct Wrote: Hello,
I have also bought Rii i25 and mapped IR orange keys with tv and av amplifier. So far so good.
Mail button opens outlook, search opens window search and browser opens web browser.
This happens in windows and in xbmc also. I ve tried changing keymaps with no more luck.
Any ideas ?

Me too. none of front side of RF keys are working corectly, exept Plya-pause. i copied keybard.xml from this topic-doesnt do anything.
Searchs opens microsoft explorer search, thats it.. none of rest are working with xbmc. KeymapEditor sees all thsoe keys as 1 (the same code). I guess we need better drivers.

By the way tpic starter talsk about K model and we have i. maybe that's the cause.
(2014-10-25, 17:35)Tommix Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 20:41)archit3ct Wrote: Hello,
Any ideas ?

Me too. none of front side of RF keys are working corectly, exept Plya-pause. i copied keybard.xml from this topic-doesnt do anything.
Searchs opens microsoft explorer search, thats it.. none of rest are working with xbmc. KeymapEditor sees all thsoe keys as 1 (the same code). I guess we need better drivers.

By the way tpic starter talsk about K model and we have i. maybe that's the cause.

Hello all,

I'm facing a similar problem.
I've used KaymapEdit and ShowKey apps to detect presses from the i25A and they recognize presses with commands such as "browser_home" for the home button and so on.
Within XBMC, using the Keymap Editor Add-On translates these codes into 5 digit numbers (such as 61952) and this is where the problem seems to lie.
Home, Search, Play/Pause, SkipFwd, SkipBack, and Vol+/Vol- all return the same code (61952).
This leads me to believe that the problem is not within the remote, but rather how XBMC intakes the keypress. I have tried using the keymap attached in this forum and creating my own and nothing has worked thus far.
Running Gotham 13.2 on a Win 7 X32 machine.

Anyone have any ideas - is there another file within XBMC that needs to be modified to correct this? Could it be a driver - related issue?
Considering purchasing this remote. It's strange that I can't find a remote that's RF for all buttons except Power (IR, TV) and Volume (IR, AVR). I wanted to get rid of the IR receiver on my HTPC (which at the moment is giving me troubles, but that's another story).

Might end up going with a Flirc and a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1