• 4(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
(2014-12-05, 14:09)Der Flatulator Wrote: Considering purchasing this remote. It's strange that I can't find a remote that's RF for all buttons except Power (IR, TV) and Volume (IR, AVR). I wanted to get rid of the IR receiver on my HTPC (which at the moment is giving me troubles, but that's another story).

Might end up going with a Flirc and a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

PS3 BD remote control is that way you want, but they are Bluetooth, not RF, and only power and volume are IR.

I have them, but I'm looking for alternatives because they battery last only one week, maybe because they are BT.

How much days battery last with this or generally RF remotes?
Hello everyone, i apologise if my question is somewhat irrelevant given that this is a Kodi forum however i can't seem to find sufficient information on the Riitek i25 Remote control.

Does it have a Game mode where you can steer a car for example like the Mele F10 Pro / Deluxe or Minix M2? ( i am stuck in between those 3 remotes ... )

Thanx in advance and Merry Christmas
(2014-12-08, 03:24)Edwrib Wrote:
(2014-12-05, 14:09)Der Flatulator Wrote: Considering purchasing this remote. It's strange that I can't find a remote that's RF for all buttons except Power (IR, TV) and Volume (IR, AVR). I wanted to get rid of the IR receiver on my HTPC (which at the moment is giving me troubles, but that's another story).

PS3 BD remote control is that way you want, but they are Bluetooth, not RF, and only power and volume are IR.

I have them, but I'm looking for alternatives because they battery last only one week, maybe because they are BT.

I ended up going with the MeLE f10 Deluxe. I'm really happy with it so far. Air mouse works better than expected, but I find double clicking difficult. All face buttons are IR so it's like a universal remote for 3 devices (Game, STB, TV), plus the front side is ALSO RF for the "My Box" option. Which means I can use the volume buttons via RF to xbmc and the volume buttons via IR to my TV, which forwards to my AVR via CEC. It's pretty sweet.
(2014-12-25, 14:51)Der Flatulator Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 03:24)Edwrib Wrote:

I ended up going with the MeLE f10 Deluxe. I'm really happy with it so far. Air mouse works better than expected, but I find double clicking difficult. All face buttons are IR so it's like a universal remote for 3 devices (Game, STB, TV), plus the front side is ALSO RF for the "My Box" option. Which means I can use the volume buttons via RF to xbmc and the volume buttons via IR to my TV, which forwards to my AVR via CEC. It's pretty sweet.

How much days the battery last for you?
I'm almost going to use flirc instead of RF controller because I read that the battery is supposedly to last 3 days.
(2014-12-26, 17:51)Edwrib Wrote: How much days the battery last for you?
I'm almost going to use flirc instead of RF controller because I read that the battery is supposedly to last 3 days.

I've only had it for a week but I've used it heavily and have only charged in once (initial charge). It's got a micro USB charger which is nice.
Has anyone figured out how to remap some of the keys under windows? I've applied the settings from the start of this thread (mouse.xml and keyboard.xml), and everything works great inside XBMC except for the search and mail keys.

The main problem I have is that the keymaps don't when XBMC launches and external program such as Chrome (for Netflix) or PowerDVD for Blu-ray disks. They only work inside XBMC. What I would like to do is find a way to remap those two buttons so the remap works regardless of what program I am in. I've tried Keytweak and Sharpkeys, but they don't recognize the mail or search keys on this remote. I've also not been able to find anything in the registry based off of what Showkey.exe is reporting those two keys as sending.

Any ideas or similar experiences?
(2014-09-04, 21:53)fliberdygibits Wrote: Hoping someone can shed some light. I've got this same remote and I'm having trouble with the volume keys. When the remote is just on and waiting there is a small blue light on near the front. When I press and hold the "Set" key, an orange light right next to that comes on. First it appears dim, then after 4 seconds it brightens. I can set the power, mute, menu, input all just fine. I click the button the the Rii and the orange button starts to blink. When I click the corresponding key on the original device remote the orange light blinks a few times then returns to solid. After that the key works fine. Except for the volume keys. When I follow this same procedure and click the volume up key on the Rii the BLUE light blinks once, the orange light goes out and I'm out of learning mode. What am I missing?

Thanks!

It took me a while to figure this out too. Only the orange buttons are ir configurable. The others are rf I think. The volume butttons operate the master volume of my htpc but I've not figured out how to enable the other media buttons yet.
All right chaps. Can I just clear something up about this remote from the original post. It says you have to program some of the buttons using a remote. I have the XBOX 360 remote and I programmed the OK button as well as the directional buttons and they still don't work on xbmc. I haven't imported the files yet, does that need to be done for the remote to work or should those buttons work on xbmc after I have mimicked them with the 360 remote straight away?
I am yet another person who's having trouble configuring the bottom row of buttons on the front of the remote.

I have copied the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml from the first post.
However, the mail button still does not appear to work at all, nothing happens,
The context button doesn't do anything, nor does the magnifying glass.
The Home button appears to simply be working as a Home button, meaning that it takes me to the top of any list I'm in.

Any help would be great!
This has been driving me crazy the last few days, but it seems I've figured it out. The OP's mouse.xml file worked fine but the keyboard.xml didn't work at all. As with previous posters the mail button, home button, skip forward and skip back didn't work at all by altering the keyboard.xml file. I tried a lot of different things to find the right keycodes but nothing would work, then when looking at the kodi debugging I noticed references to appcommand. So I ended up making an appcommand.xml file with alterations for the mail, search, home, skip forward and skip back buttons to the kodi>userdata>keymaps folder and in it works!! That said, I've only had it working for a few minutes and don't know if there are unintended consiquences but it is doing exactly what I want it to for the way I use Kodi. I wish I had of been able to find this info somewhere but couldn't, so I'm posting it. Hopefully it helps others save a lot of time and trouble. Anyway, here is the code (the ones I changed are in bold):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<appcommand>
<browser_back>Back</browser_back>
<browser_forward/>
<browser_refresh/>
<browser_stop>Stop</browser_stop>
<browser_search>ToggleFullScreen</browser_search>
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
<browser_home>PreviousMenu</browser_home>
<volume_mute/>
<volume_down/>
<volume_up/>
<next_track>stepforward</next_track>
<prev_track>stepback</prev_track>

<stop>Stop</stop>
<play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
<launch_mail>stop</launch_mail>
<launch_media_select>ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</launch_media_select>
<launch_app1>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</launch_app1>
<launch_app2>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</launch_app2>
<play>Play</play>
<pause>Pause</pause>
<fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
<rewind>Rewind</rewind>
<channelup>PageUp</channelup>
<channeldown>PageDown</channeldown>
</appcommand>
</global>
</keymap>
It seems somewhere along the line, people missed out that this remote is IR AND RF... the IR is to allow it to be coded to basic TV/amp functions, but all the controls to the HTPC work on RF - my USB dongle is plugged into the back of the HTPC, which is a solid wooden cabinet...

Unless we're talking about difference Rii i2 remotes??

"Rii i25 3 in 1 2.4Ghz Multi Function Mini Mobile Wireless Keyboard with Air Mouse and IR Learning Remote Controller"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rii-Function-Con...B00INITM1E

Also - has anybody had any success getting a key programmed for a windows 10 HTPC to power off/standby? Currently I just have a scheduled task setup for whenever the device in idle for more than 30mins during certain hours and it will power off.
Hey guys,

I just got this remote as a christmas gift, but i'm having a few issues with it an KODI on windows 10.

Some of the keys like mail and search, launch and home on the remote launch functions in windows even when i'm in KODI.
for example if i press the mail button it launches my email, even though i've remapped it to stop in the keyboard.xml file.

Is anyone else having this kind of issue on windowsHuh

Short of finding an app to remap keyboard keys is there a way to fix this??

Thanks
Hello everyone

I'm facing a problem configurin this [b]Rii Mini I25 Wireless[/b] remote with my KODI running on a Raspberry Pi 2.

All the RF keys work fine, and are recognized by KODI, but two from the front panel are not responding.

I activate the debug option on KODI, and SSH to the PI to start a tailing info from pressed keys:

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep -E 'OnKey|Keyboard'

As I said, all the keys are properly registered when I press each one. For example, the PageUp in the front panel:

Code:
23:00:36 T:1970139136   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x68, sym: 0x0118, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
23:00:36 T:1970139136   DEBUG: OnKey: pageup (0xf084) pressed, action is PageUp

But there are two keys (Magnifying Glass and Email) that are not recognized. No scancode is generated, and I'm not able to link that key to a proper action (using keymaps.xml).

I don't know If it's a problem related to the Remote. Before preparing the refund I would like to ask if someone has faced and solved the same problem.
Ok, I have no idea what any of this IR/RF stuff means. I have Kodi 14.2 and I've downloaded the keymap files but it still doesn't seem to detect the directional buttons. I just want to press button - do thing. I need to train this with an IR remote? I don't have an IR remote for kodi!

edit:
Hang on, so reading this thread I'm getting the impression that if I'm running Kodi on a PC attached to my computer, I cannot use the directional/orange buttons UNLESS I buy an additional receiver? It won't work with the one that comes in the box? If that is true it sounds like I've bought the wrong remote.
(2016-04-01, 21:04)robert.kent87 Wrote: I cannot use the directional/orange buttons UNLESS I buy an additional receiver? It won't work with the one that comes in the box? If that is true it sounds like I've bought the wrong remote.

Yup you'll need an IR receiver and the lil black usb thing that came with it that's the RF receiver. To use directional/menu/mute/AV&TV buttons you'll need to have them learn off another IR remote (like your TV remote). I broke my IR receiver a while back and had to use the other buttons to navigate around while i waited on a replacement it looked like this lol

For anything else i just used the keyboard on the back, it worked fine till the replacement came :p
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1