• 5(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
Hmm, sounds like I've bought the wrong thing then. I'm running out of USB ports on my PC and I don't want to have 2 receivers for 1 remote. Plus I have an IR TV remote but it's not used for Kodi so I don't see how I can train this thing.
(2014-03-06, 10:05)Bagpuss Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 02:15)RideLikeTheWind Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 12:48)Bagpuss Wrote: Have now got this remote, and it's working brilliantly.

Rather than clutter up this thread with chat about it, I've posted my findings and configuration in a new thread here.

Hi Bagpuss,
This is just the thing I was looking for but was struggling to find. I was looking at the Mele F10 also and was about to buy before seeing the above. So a few questions if you don't mind?

Do you have both and think the Rii i25 is better?
Did the Rii i25 take much tweaking to get working or did it go pretty much out of the box?
Is it's range OK?
Does it sync up to the box OK?
Do you need the dongle to get it to work or does it work with just it?
Sorry more than a few questions...☺

Also good review in the separate thread!

Many thanks
RLTW

I've tried both remotes, and it's a mixed bag for both of them.
My goal was to have a remote that my wife and daughter could use easily.
With the F10, I found that not having enough specific media control keys (play/stop for example) was a problem.
You can remap the keys on the Mele, but it's more work.

With the i25, then all of the keys generate scan codes out of the box. This is not true with the Mele, and you have to use hid_mapper to get some of them working.
With the i25, you do need to modify the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml files to get it working, but I've included some that work in the first post in this thread.

You do need the dongle to get it to work, as only the Menu, Mute, TV/AV, Power, D-Pad and OK buttons are IR.

IR range is a bit of an issue, but it's just about manageable in my setup. The remote does have to be pointed straight at the device being controlled, though.
Personally, I'd prefer all the buttons to be RF, except for power. Power was the only one I couldn't get working on the Mele (but it might be possible now).

Hope that helps.
(2014-03-06, 10:05)Bagpuss Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 02:15)RideLikeTheWind Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 12:48)Bagpuss Wrote: Have now got this remote, and it's working brilliantly.

Rather than clutter up this thread with chat about it, I've posted my findings and configuration in a new thread here.

Hi Bagpuss,
This is just the thing I was looking for but was struggling to find. I was looking at the Mele F10 also and was about to buy before seeing the above. So a few questions if you don't mind?

Do you have both and think the Rii i25 is better?
Did the Rii i25 take much tweaking to get working or did it go pretty much out of the box?
Is it's range OK?
Does it sync up to the box OK?
Do you need the dongle to get it to work or does it work with just it?
Sorry more than a few questions...☺

Also good review in the separate thread!

Many thanks
RLTW

I've tried both remotes, and it's a mixed bag for both of them.
My goal was to have a remote that my wife and daughter could use easily.
With the F10, I found that not having enough specific media control keys (play/stop for example) was a problem.
You can remap the keys on the Mele, but it's more work.

With the i25, then all of the keys generate scan codes out of the box. This is not true with the Mele, and you have to use hid_mapper to get some of them working.
With the i25, you do need to modify the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml files to get it working, but I've included some that work in the first post in this thread.

You do need the dongle to get it to work, as only the Menu, Mute, TV/AV, Power, D-Pad and OK buttons are IR.

IR range is a bit of an issue, but it's just about manageable in my setup. The remote does have to be pointed straight at the device being controlled, though.
Personally, I'd prefer all the buttons to be RF, except for power. Power was the only one I couldn't get working on the Mele (but it might be possible now).

Hope that helps.

Hi there. I know this is an older thread, but i thought i would try my luck anyway. I am thinjing about getting the Rii i25, but with the d-pad being IR, i was wondering what i would need/how i could get the dpad to function for use with kodi or windows 10.

essentially it would be great to be able to use the dpad with kodi (or windows 10) to select through items, similar in a way to a wii remote being able to both point at stuff, and also selected via dpad navigation.

would i need to buy a ir receiver for my HTPC for this to work. I dont have an xbox media controller which people have mentioned about learning th IR from.

what are my options.

thanks in advance for your help

ciao

tommi
I really don't know guys... this thread is mostly useless, except couple of posts... I can't believe people don't understand the concept of IR/RF remote... everything is working perfectly out of the box, except for couple of keys which need to be remapped... This is great remote, people bashing it simply don't understand basic concepts. The IR part is there so you are able to control your TV set as well. So logical and useful.

Anyways, I need to remap the lower 4 keys. Thanx to l3wdoo I found 3 key-names:

<launch_mail>stop</launch_mail>
<browser_search>ToggleFullScreen</browser_search>
<browser_home>PreviousMenu</browser_home>

but what is the SECOND key from the left, icon is 3 lines like a menu or something? What is that key called? This would be a good place to map C for context menu....

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

Might be useful for people with KODI on android: the solution to the problem you have with IR.... did you guys ever hear about HDMI-CEC? This is the protocol that allows you to send commands from your TV to the external device connected via HDMI. Samsung calls this Anynet+. So you can use your TV's remote with other devices (i.e. android tv box)... I suppose you all have windows? If you have android, this works great. So by mapping the arrow keys from your TV's remote, you can use this in KOD as well, the only difference being your TV receives the IR signals and then forwards them to your TV box via HDMI.
(2016-04-27, 10:55)DaLanik Wrote: Anyways, I need to remap the lower 4 keys. Thanx to l3wdoo I found 3 key-names:

<launch_mail>stop</launch_mail>
<browser_search>ToggleFullScreen</browser_search>
<browser_home>PreviousMenu</browser_home>

I agree with you. The basics of the remote are very clear: IR and RF functions: for me is a perfect combination. I can control the TV by IR and KODI by RF, 2 in 1.

DaLanik, I cannot map the launch_mail and the browser_search buttons. They simply don't generate any input signal. Can you share with me your keyboard configuration from KODI?

Thanks in advance!
(2016-04-27, 11:14)dejarikbcn Wrote: DaLanik, I cannot map the launch_mail and the browser_search buttons. They simply don't generate any input signal. Can you share with me your keyboard configuration from KODI?

Thanks in advance!

I didn't do it yet, I'm only gathering info on how to do it right now Smile I have this remote only a week Smile I'll let you know if I manage to do it...

D.
OK, just tried with the keyboard scanner... I can't see the HOME button keycode (ofcourse) since it takes me to home screen and exits from scanner Smile and also MAIL key doesn't show any keycode, but search shows keycode... it is giving me KEYCODE_SEARCH Scan Code 217... this should be mappable in Kodi. As for the HOME and MAIL, it probably needs editing Android keyboard keymaps (.kl) file.... under /system/usr/keylayout/ (probably qwerty.kl)....

edit:

It doesn't recognize these 2 keys in kodi keymap editor. Scan reader is giving me codes though. mail is keycode 155 and search is 217....

edit2:

OK, tried adding keyboard.xml to userdata/keymaps folder, and it doesn't work... Sad

Any gurus to confirm I'm doing it right? Smile This is in keyboard.xml file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- This file contains the mapping of keyboard keys to actions within Kodi.              -->
<!--                                                                                      -->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    <key id="155">stop</key>
    <key id="217">stop</key>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
OK, I got it Smile Yeeey! Smile

It requires editing android system, so you have to be rooted.

* install KeyEvent Display from Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...play&hl=en)
* run KeyEvent Display app
* press the keys you want to find out keycodes. They will be displayed. Note the codes. In my case 155 and 217 (envelope and search)
* Install ES File Explorer from Play Store, turn on root in it and give it root rights.
* From ES, navigate to /proc/bus/input
* copy devices file to your SD card, or just view it from ES.
* in the list of devices, find your keyboard. Mine looks like this:

Code:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1997 Product=7b03 Version=0110
N: Name="  Multimedia Air Mouse Keyboard"
P: Phys=usb-dwc2_b-1.2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/dwc2_b/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/0003:1997:7B03.0001/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event4
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=10000 7 ff9f207a c14057ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=1f

* note Vendor and Product. In my case Vendor=1997 Product=7b03
* Now, go to /system/usr/keylayout in ES
* copy file Generic.kl to your PC for editing
* rename file Generic.kl to Vendor_<vendor>_Product_<product>.kl, i.e. in my case "Vendor_1997_Product_7b03.kl"
* download EditPad Lite if you don't have good editor. DO NOT USE notepad. The file must be in UNIX format (LF only)
* edit the file - find the keys noted in step 3, i.e. I edited key 217 to MEDIA_PLAY and key 155 to MEDIA_STOP:
Code:
key 155   MEDIA_STOP
key 217   MEDIA_PLAY
* save file, pay attention that the output uses LF as line breaks (UNIX standard)
* copy file to your Android box
* copy file to /system/usr/keylayout
* set permissions to 644 (just look what other files in this folder have) - -rw-r--r--
* reboot
* enjoy!
Thank you for your help. My remote work as announced.
But I'd like to customize the keys. I mainly use my remote in a dark room. I'd like to map these keys as below

so I changed the followling code this way for the rewind function
Code:
<!-- Multimedia keyboard keys -->

<launch_mail>Rewind</launch_mail>

But how to change the 3 other ones?

Thank you for your help
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2016-04-28, 16:13)bortek Wrote: But how to change the 3 other ones?

Thank you for your help

Just install the software to get key codes and then try to map in Kodi by i.e.

<key id="155">stop</key>

ofcourse, replace the id with the id of your key, and command wiith your command....

If it doesn't work that way, you have to edit Generic.kl map file in Android, see my instructions.

I couldn't remap email, search and home keys in Kodi so I set them in Android as F10, F11 and F12, then mapped these F-keys to whatever I wanted.

edit:

I made a more complete instructions on how to map unmappable keys in KODI on my web, here:

Rii I25A
Hello,

D-Pad buttons are all IR ?
So, it's impossible to use it without IR receiver on windows computer ?

Thanks Smile
(2016-06-05, 00:19)KisSme Wrote: Hello,

Thanks Smile

Not impossible just limted. Everything else works, keyboard on the back and all the buttons under the D-Pad it's just a matter of remapping them to what you need
(2016-06-05, 00:19)KisSme Wrote: Hello,

Thanks Smile
Yes all orange buttons are IR. But you can use keyboard arrow keys on the other side....

Sent from my GT-N7100
I hate to post in an old thread, but I'm completely lost..

I just got this remote in the hopes of using it with my Raspberry Pi 3 and Kodi. I've been using an old black Windows Media Center remote and IR receiver for Kodi and its worked great. Now this new remote I have I can't figure out. Some of the buttons worked out of the box, but others I want to remap.

Is every button on the remote side capable of being remapped, or just the Orange (or White) ones?

I ask because through reading the included "manual" I seem to have totally f-ed up the buttons. Previously, the orange "3-dot" button under the power button did nothing. I thought I would program that to open the context menu. Now it does that just fine. But when I hit presumably the "back button" directly under the D-Pad, it also brings up the context menu. So I've now lost my "back" capability. Also, now my orange "SET" button also brings up the context menu. So in the effort to program 1 button via my old remote, I've managed to remap 3, while losing the "back" button and causing the context menu to pop every time I try to remap another key.

Is it possible to "reset" the controller to make it so I can start over from scratch again?

If this is possible, I'd really like to know how because I really screwed up and can't fix it! I can't believe the manufacturer wouldn't have included some method of doing this.

How do I program this thing?!

Clearly I'm not understanding this poorly translated broken English from Chinese "manual". I fully charged the remote before using it. There was a red light that was on when charging that went out (would have been nice if it turned green). I then connected the usb dongle to my Pi. I then switched the switch to "On". To program, I held down the orange "SET" button. A little yellow light started flashing then turned solid. I tried pressing a white button to remap, but the yellow light stayed solid, then eventually went out completely. Trying again I hit an orange button instead. This time it blinked, and I pressed the corresponding button on my MCE remote. Then the yellow light went out. The button still didn't work. Trying a third time, I then hit "SET" after pressing the MCE button and it looked like it took it, but had also remapped the "SET" and "back" buttons as well.. ARGH!

Please send me some TLC and help me get this working!
Nevermind. I'm going to just return this piece of crap. I tried just "living with it" for the time being, only to find out it doesn't even have a STOP button. Useless. I thought this remote looked so nice, and had a lot of nice reviews. But if the basic functions aren't working, or completely missing, it's not even worth having.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1