• 2(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
I can't, for the life of me, get this remote to learn IR.. I have my Dish remote set up to send MCE IR out of it when it is in DVD mode.. that remote works fine for me.. powers up the NUC, etc.. But when I hold down the SETUP (or whatever button is in the top right, I don't have it in front of me) for 4+ seconds, and then tap a directional button that I want to learn the command to, then aim and point my MCE remote at the Riitek, it doesn't seem to really do anything.. it blinks on and off a bit and a few seconds later the light stops blinking.. but it didn't appear to learn anything..

Can anyone help me? The instructions that I can only seem to find in the printed white instruction manual (not online) don't seem vague to me, but it also just isn't working for me.. what could I be doing wrong? In all honesty, it doesn't seem to be doing all the blinking in the way the instructions make me believe it should..
I got the IR to learn tonight. Apparently I was learning from too far away. I needed it about a centimeter away.
(2014-03-05, 22:56)Bagpuss Wrote: The directional buttons don't generate any scan codes by default. You need to teach the remote using an existing remote.

It makes sense to teach the remote using a device that XBMC or Windows supports natively. In my case, I used an Xbox media remote, which uses MCE IR codes.

I just received mine, taught the remote D-Pad with a MCE IR remote but still doesn't generate scancodes. I'm using this script to detect scan codes. It did the learning right because I tested on my xbox.
Another thing is that I can't turn off keyboard without turning off also the mouse and the multimedia keys on the remote side.
What program do you use to detect IR scancodes? ir-keytable is only for linux so I can't use that. The most intriguing thing is that your keycode.txt file doesn't include any code from the IR buttons. If so, the OP is misleading in telling that all keys send scancodes.

EDIT: observations summary.

The keyboard doesn't have the F# keys (F1, F2, ...)
The keyboard doesn't have the TAB key
Turning off keyboard turns of all RF signal buttons on the remote side too.
Mouse is not disabled when in keyboard mode
Remote needs to be pointing to receiver EVEN when in keyboard (horizontal?) mode.
The orange buttons do not send scancodes
Range (for RF and IR) is 1 meter, after that it starts to have issues up to 2.5 meters where it doesn't respond.

Not saying it's crap at all, but I would like straight to the point observations like this for the different remotes people own. There doesn't seem to be anything better though, as crappy as it sounds. The first 2 issues con be solved with AHK.
I successfully trained my riitek's IR remote functions with an aftermarket pc remote. After I unplugged the aftermarket remote's dongle the riitek IR functions no longer worked. I understand why this is happening but I wanted to know if there was a way to get around this problem without having to keep 2 dongles plugged in for 1 remote. Im fine with the out of the box setup as far as I can tell but id like to use the IR buttons to navigate xbmc and I also like the idea of having a stop button for video playback. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
jesse, and everyone else, thanks for spelling out the fact that if you want to use the d-pad and the other 'orange' buttons you will need an IR receiver hooked up (not supplied). I've been emailing sellers of this remote (and the k25, and the i13) on ebay and the mfg website with no responses. I've been searching the internet for an RF remote that would satisfy my needs, and I was hopeful that I had found it with the i25.

It sounds like a great product, but my goal is to eliminate the external IR receivers I have hanging off all my HTPCs at the house. I have four, two running windows media center, two running XBMC. I've tried the lenovo bluetooth remote, but it's not great. It destroys batteries and on many occasions it has trouble waking up and re-connecting with the pc. Thats when I started searching for an RF remote. I want to throw the little RF dongle on the back of the machine (or inside) and not have to worry about line of site.

I've seen the Tripp Lite Keystone remotes out there, but the're kind of ugly and bulky. The original boxee remote (dsm-22) looked perfect, but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has a good RF solution that will work with windows media center and XBMC kindly let me know!
The Tivo Slide Pro (Premier version) is almost perfect.

You can bind multiple devices to the power button for IR. I power on my tv and receiver at the same time. You can use IR for the volume and mute buttons. The rest of the remote is RF.

It's backlit and has a slide out qwerty keyboard (obviously). Fits great in the hand and the wife can use it.

But..... some buttons need to be tweaked using a keymap.xml to get it to work correctly. Important buttons such as Select. That's fine if all you use is XBMC, but it makes using it on my Amazon Fire TV pretty much impossible, which really really sucks.

It has 99 of the things I want but not the 1 thing I need.

This is for the old Tivo remote, but still sort of relevant:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TiVo_Slide

This post on the XBMC forums is important, it mentions changing the model_id in your keymap:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1601711

If there was some way to make the Select key work on my AFTV I'd be set.

Dewayne
Has anyone configured the audio features of this remote? Sorry if this question has been answered
(2014-03-03, 12:45)Bagpuss Wrote: Just bought one of these remotes.

Just wanted to share my efforts in making it work with XBMC.
All of this works with the latest Gotham nigthly. I've not tested against Frodo or earlier, but it should work the same.

Unlike the Mele F10, all of the keys on this remote generate useful scan codes, so it's just a case of modifying the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml files to suit.
In addition, the up, down, left right, OK, Menu, mute, AV/TV and power keys generate IR instead of RF. The remote can learn IR, so it's a simple case of put the remote into learning mode, and teaching it the IR for the various buttons.

In my case, I used an XBOX360 media remote to teach the IR, but pretty much any MCE remote should work. In my case, I've actually taught the remote to use the mute signal for my AV receiver, which I find more useful.

In XBMC settings -> System -> Input devices, I have:
Remote control sends keyboard presses - OFF
Enable mouse and touch screen support - ON
Enable joystick and gamepad support - OFF

You need to enable mouse support, otherwise XBMC doesn't capture the right mouse click (which is generated by the back key on the remote).
Air Mouse functionality is turned off on the remote by pressing the 'arrow' button below the left mouse button. This then prevents the air mouse from generate unwanted input. The mouse buttons still work, though.

On the remote, the keys are mapped as follows (using attached keyboard.xml and mouse.xml):

SkipForward / SkipBack - now map to fast forward and rewind. Page up and page down keys generate SkipForward and SkipBack (i.e. chapter skip), so I didn't see any point in duplication.

Magnifying glass button - mapped to XMBC video library search

Mail button - mapped to Stop (my wife didn't like that there was no stop key on the remote)

Back key - changed from right mouse click to back

The other buttons all mapped as expected using the XBMC defaults.
I've also attached a keycode.txt file which shows what codes the various buttons generate.

To use the keymaps, simply copy them into the /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder.
For more information on this see here.

All in all, I find this a great remote, and certainly more versatile than the F10 (thanks to it's IR learning capability).

UPDATE (6th March 2014)
Have now included extra directives in mouse.xml to disable Air Mouse functionality completely.
I found that if you switched the keyboard on after XBMC had booted, then mouse functionality was enabled again.
If you need to enable it again, simply remove the <mousemove> and <mousedrag> entries from the file.

File downloads
mouse.xml
keyboard.xml
keycodes.txt

Bagpuss thank you for the information and files above .. I have added the keyboard.xml file to my XBMC keymaps folder. The remapping of the rewind and fast forward works perfectly. However, the the stop command (mapped to the email button) and video library search (mapped to the magnifying glass) are not working for me. When I press the email button within XBMC my email application opens and when I press the magnifying glass nothing happens unless I press and hold which then opens Google Search. I found it odd two of the buttons I really wanted to utilize work but the other two didn't.

Any recommendations to try to get these two buttons working? I have a vague understanding of XML.

If you're interested in knowing about my equipment I'm using the Rii mini i25 remote with a Tronsmart S89-H Android device. The device has Finless 1.6 Custom ROM and a custom version of XBMC found at the link http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/201...4e_lCiooTA.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
hello everybody

i bought this remote and i like it so far, but i've run it one problem.

I'm trying to map the magnifying glass button to i (info.

I've tried
<browser_search>Info</browser_search>

but it's not working.

How can i get this to work?
I have one of those Rii remotes, not exactly the i25, but the i13. It works pretty much the same as yours: RF Keyboard on one side and Learning IR on the other side.

My advise is: GET A FLIRC! Its the best way of set up a IR remote control, you can make whatever you want... it's TV remote, HTPC remote, Mouse and keyboard in one device.

Keyboard + Learning IR + FLIRC = Best Remote EVER!
Guys, if I could ask for some help.
For using the D-pad all I need is to make the learn the menu movements from another remote.
Can I use the AV receiver's remote, or it has to be a MCE remote?
And how will the PC receive the IR signal? The stick, I got for this remote doesn't seem to have any IR input.
I really would love to use the D-pad. Without that I don't have the remote feeling...Sad
(2014-06-18, 23:10)Hakenz Wrote: I have one of those Rii remotes, not exactly the i25, but the i13. It works pretty much the same as yours: RF Keyboard on one side and Learning IR on the other side.

My advise is: GET A FLIRC! Its the best way of set up a IR remote control, you can make whatever you want... it's TV remote, HTPC remote, Mouse and keyboard in one device.

Keyboard + Learning IR + FLIRC = Best Remote EVER!

I'm currently lost in remotes - I love the look of the Rii i25 and I'm a bit shallow and I'd love to use the d-pad for xbmc as well as my bravia smart TV. I'm assuming the FLIRC would let me do that? I don't have an MCE remote to 'teach' it and don't fancy buying one just for the purpose.

The Rii i25 is the only remote that ticks almost every box, it's just this one little thing that's putting me off.
i would also love to know if i get FLIRC would it allow me to teach IR functions to the Rii i25?
Hoping someone can shed some light. I've got this same remote and I'm having trouble with the volume keys. When the remote is just on and waiting there is a small blue light on near the front. When I press and hold the "Set" key, an orange light right next to that comes on. First it appears dim, then after 4 seconds it brightens. I can set the power, mute, menu, input all just fine. I click the button the the Rii and the orange button starts to blink. When I click the corresponding key on the original device remote the orange light blinks a few times then returns to solid. After that the key works fine. Except for the volume keys. When I follow this same procedure and click the volume up key on the Rii the BLUE light blinks once, the orange light goes out and I'm out of learning mode. What am I missing?

Thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1