Solved Remote Can't Detect XBMC
Hi all,

So here it goes:

I'm trying to use either XbmcRemote or Constellation to control XBMC on a living room mini-pc machine via my iPhone 5.
I'm using static ip's on my network LAN. The mini-pc's ip is 10.0.0.2 and is connected via wifi.

Currently neither apps will even detect my XBMC instance.

on XbmcRemote I have entered all possible details:
ip, port/tcp port, MAC address, username (empty), password (empty).

iOS version: 7.0.4

In Windows Firewall: Inbound + Outbound ports 8888,9090 are allowed.

XBMC version: Frodo 12.3
On Services -> Web Server: Allow control of XBMC via HTTP - ON
Port: 8888
UN: <empty>
PWD: <empty>

On the mini-pc when using Chrome to go to: http://10.0.0.2:8888, the web server is up and running., but when trying to access it from any other pc/device on the network, the page is not found.
I've installed WireShark and tried capturing the attempt on port 8888, but nothing was detected when I tried connecting to it, neither from my desktop PC nor from my iPhone 5.

I thought maybe my router is blocking the ports, so I added a port forwarding rule for TCP/UDP on ports 8888 and 9090.

Still the situation is the same, no detection of the XBMC instance by the remote control apps whatsoever.

I would very much appreciate any ideas as mine are starting to run out.

Thanks in advance!
Never mind, had network issues. Works great Smile
Just rebuilt my XBMC center on a Win 7 Pro system and i'm having the exact same issues with the XBMC Remote.
What network issues did you find that caused your problem?

Cheers
All good, got it sorted.
For anyone else having the same issue. This is what i was missing to make my soft remote work.

Settings > Services
Launch XBMC and go to Settings > Networks
1.) Turned on UPnP
2.) Webserver > Turned on "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP"
Port 8080 / UN / PW XBMC
3.) Remote Control - Allow other users.
@ryatic, I also suggest you to enable under Setting > Services the option "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Can't Detect XBMC0