Release service.subtitles.itasa
Kodi ItaSa Subtitles addon

Info
A kodi addon to download ItalianSubs subtitles directly while playing your episodes.

Features
  • Download subtitles by episode info
  • Download episodes by file name parsing
  • Find automatically the best quality match
  • Allow to iterate in the subtitle archive downloading the subtitle again

Changelog
Code:
- updated thetvdb ids
- added check to avoid running when there are no video playing
- fixed some possible problem with url quotes
- if the download and renaming fails now the service stops working and doesn't continue
- add slash to folder path to prevent some fail

- added trick to rotate subtitles every download of the same subtitle (a workaround to a XBMC limit that doesn't support multiple subtitles)
- added missing checks and fixed a typo

- replaced website download with api download and improved "download too many times" check
- updated thetvdb ids
- added trick to force sync versions on top of the list
- bumped to first "official" version

- fixed bug with the retrieve tv show list function
- added fallback to filename search in case search by tv show name fails

- added notification in case of failed login, attempt to search other language than italian and attempt to search movies
- fixed check of WEB-DL quality with different namings

- fixed check for the normal (hdtv) version

- fixed a bug with a sync check and added the check for the normal (hdtv) version

- initial release

Latest release
The addon is available on the Kodi official repo
Manual install: service.subtitles.itasa.v1.0.2.zip

Source code
Github

Thanks
To ItalianSubs.net for provinding the content and the api!

Issues
If you find some issue please post here or in the github issue page with a debug log and all the steps to reproduce the issue

Support
If you would like contribute to the projects, feel free to do: fork, pull-request, issues, etc... They're higly welcome
Instead if you would like offer me a coffee or beer: Donate with PayPal
I always get a "No subtitles found" error.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=194335
(2014-05-06, 00:42)aur0n Wrote: I always get a "No subtitles found" error.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=194335

Because you didn't set italian in the settings as a language to search. itasa has only italian subtitles so if you search only english subtitles it will never work
It's just me or everybody experiences some issues with this plugin?
I'm using openelec 4.0.5 on a raspberry pi and since some weeks ago sometimes the plugin searching just stays there without returning anything (not even a subtitle not found message). Other providers work ok.
A lot of people uses it without problem. Without logs i can't say anithing..
Debug Log
Hi,

plugin isn't working when using path substitution on addons_data folder (which is exremely convenient). Is there anything you can do to add such support ?

Thanks
I can't make login even if I registered on the website
log?
After I transferred my databases from local to mysql I cannot download subs with the Itasa plugin. I only get a text file named exactly as the subtitle file, with this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root><data/><status>fail</status><error><code>42</code><message>SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'api.api_subtitles' doesn't exist</message></error></root>

It only happens with Itasa plugin, others work flawlessly
It's a problem of Itasa website..should be fixed already..
Thank you, I'll try asap
Hi,
I think there's a problem with the plugin, it stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I contacted the guys from Itasa and they wrote (I translate from Italian) "You should contact the developer, the api key in the plugin seems wrong". Could you kindly help me? Thanks
not working...
username and password wrong... but they are correct Sad

some ideas?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\MAMBRO\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.itasa\service.py", line 581, in <module>
for sub in subs:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
-->End of Python script error report<--
23:09:30.285 T:6880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.itasa/?action=download&count=0&subid=75844&filename=Fargo.S03E05.The.House.Of.Special.Purpose.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.itasa0