• 23(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
(2014-04-06, 11:23)LittleCrispy Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 22:39)LittleCrispy Wrote: Hi All,

I have an issue with the resume playback function which seems to be isolated to recorded live TV files only. For shows which have been partially watched, the 'Resume from...]' option doesn't seem to work any more. The correct time to resume at is displayed, but the playback resumes from the beginning. The bookmark for the resume appears to be created as per normal. However, in the Live TV - Recordings list, the (play) triangle/arrow which usually indicates that a video hasn't been watched completely also doesn't show up.

For files within the Videos library (Movies, TV Shows), the function works as normal.

For reference, I am running XBMC 13-BETA3 Git:20140328-2dcc855 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. I am using ArgusTV 2.2.2 as the backend PVR service.

I've attached a log where I start playing a show, navigate to approximately halfway through and then stop the show before attempting to resume: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=166914.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is this a bug with v13, as this works on v12.

Thanks

Are any EDL (wiki)s being generated for those files to cut commercials? If so, there's a known issue being looked at about EDLs being broken in Gotham.

EDIT: Never mind. The debug log doesn't seem to show any EDL files.

I don't modify any of the files after recording currently.

I now have a v12 installed on the same machine and can confirm that the function works there, but not on v13.

Sorry for bringing this up again so soon.

I forgot to mention that I found this issue had been brought up on the Argus TV forum: http://www.argus-tv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4862. It doesn't look like the OP there posted it here like suggested.
Hi,

With Gotham beta, my sound level during movie playback is way higher than with Frodo.
I'm using an external USB stereo DAC, and unchecked "boost volume level on downmix" on both versions.
It seems that there is a downmix gain with gotham, any confirmation?
thanks
Start reading here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...le.cpp#L58

And keep in mind, what is called "Resampler" does not need to resample, if samplerate src matches samplerate dst.

ffmpeg (and therefore activeae via xbmc) does downmixing according to ITU-R BS.775-3 Annex 4
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks for the link, but not sure to understand it Wink
hi i have noticed i can only right click in TV shows to scan for new content where as in frodo you could in tv shows videos and movies

can this be added back to them all

cheers
Taza
(2014-04-07, 11:05)mika91 Wrote: thanks for the link, but not sure to understand it Wink

I thought you are an audiophile DAC man, with a lot of clue concerning the technical details and audio basics :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hardware: Apple TV1 (silver edition)
Beta version: Gotham Beta 3

When I select HDA Intel, HDMI as audio output device in audio settings, there is no output in right channel. Tried this on two different Apple TV1's with the same disappointing result. Of course, I have tried other HDMI cables as well, still the same problem. Undecided

I tried several media files (music, movies, TV streams), and the problem remains the same.

Downgrading to Frodo solves the problem, which indicates that this is problem with the beta version. I have tried all the beta versions up to this one, and the problem has been the same on all beta versions.

Would like confirmation that others experiencing this problem and that i therefore is a confirmed beta problem.

--------------
Update:

Updated to OpenElec Beta 4 this evening. Problem is still the same - only sound in left channel. No error messages, just no sound in right channel.

You'll find my log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=169509

In this session I just turn the Apple TV on, play a movie from my server + upload the log. Just to keep it simple :-)

From reading the log file it seems that the intel HDMI card isn't supported. Hope this get fixed...
(2003-10-01, 12:50)glyndwr Wrote: i'm sure i speak for everyone reading this when i say:

woohoo!

can't wait to get home and play with this!

Post a log file. It might help pin point the error.
(2014-04-08, 19:17)nick w Wrote:
(2003-10-01, 12:50)glyndwr Wrote: i'm sure i speak for everyone reading this when i say:

woohoo!

can't wait to get home and play with this!

Post a log file. It might help pin point the error.

I don't know if this is adressed to me and my sound problem. My log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=169509

If it wasn't, just ignore this.
I've noticed that clearing the video library (Clean Library) takes much more time than Frodo (sometimes several minutes). Is there a reason for this? Or is this a step backwards in performance?
To: XBMC Team/Forum members

I have a bug with my XBMC Gotham for Windows.

The Play GUI Sounds --> Always setting does not work using either WASAPI or DirectSound when playing back media.

I have Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Intel Core i7-3820QM
nVidia Quadro K2000M Graphics
Sound device: Realtek High Definition Audio

I have uploaded my debug logging files. I am not sure show to upload a screenshot.

Thanks in advance.
That's intended.

Background: Menu sounds are the most evil we have in xbmc.
I have no 5.1 passthrough audio (the video plays without sound) on beta 5. Videos with 2.0 audio play back correctly.

My audio output settings are 2.0 channels, enable passthrough, Dolby digital capable receiver, DTS capable receiver

Update: Issue resolved. Possibly had something with the TV that was fixed by cycling it.
-- Deleted due to inability to read logs --

Sorry
ok so I had been testing xbmc Gotham on Boxee Box and resently installed XBMC Gotham for linux running on ubuntu beta 14.04 x86 32 bit. I tried to use the same set of add ons on , and much to my surprise, gotham/ubuntu keeps saying add ons have unmet dependencies for the same add ons that work on Gotham on boxee Box!

Is there some issue with ubuntu 14.04 beta or the current Gotham beta causing this?

Next time this happens will get a logfile but for now I do not have one
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2