• 32(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
Not sure, but i don't use multipathes.
No, it's because the "Browse show" button replaces the window history with the window history from the show. Thus, window history is gone at that point. There's no obvious simple fix, unless the following would work:

change ln 590 of xbmc/video/dialogs/GUIDialogVideoInfo.cpp from:
Code:
g_windowManager.ActivateWindow(WINDOW_VIDEO_NAV,strPath);
to:
Code:
vector<string> params;
    params.push_back(strPath);
    params.push_back("return");
    g_windowManager.ActivateWindow(WINDOW_VIDEO_NAV, params);

Feel free to test that out if you like.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've searched for interlacing/de-interlacing in this thread and didn't find anything. So here goes my first beta bug post.

I just updated to Gotham Beta 4 yesterday. Now when I enable de-interlacing, it causes my video card to crash BSOD style. (Seriously, I was watching interlaced videos with de-interlacing just fine before the update.)

Hardware: Intel DN2800MT (integrated GMA3600 video processor)

Steps to reproduce bug:
Launch progressive scan video
Pull up in-video video settings
Set de-interlace to auto
Set de-interlace method to auto select
Set default for all videos
Stop video
Play any interlaced video, and it crashes. Some videos will play fine for a while, then get choppy and then crash. Others will play really choppy, and as soon as the mouse is moved to activate the overlay, crash will ensue as well. But the end result is always a crash. I've had to turn off de-interlacing in the meanwhile.

Log here:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=187591

Thanks in advance.
Can you pop the PDB file alongside the .exe and see if you can get a crash report generated?

Did it also do it in Beta3? Also, can you try RC1 (up now).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2014-04-28, 01:12)jmarshall Wrote: Can you pop the PDB file alongside the .exe and see if you can get a crash report generated?

Did it also do it in Beta3? Also, can you try RC1 (up now).

I'm not sure what that first thing means.
Beta 3 seemed fine. Like I said, it wasn't until I went to 4 that it started crashing.
I'll try the RC1 and let you know.
Don't worry about the .pdb - did you get a minidump crash report at all?

But yeah - test RC1 first - it may already be remedied perhaps.

Just tried RC1. Unfortunately it persists. I'm going to look at the Windows Event Viewer and the minidump files. I'll post findings here in a bit.

Yeah, it seems like the overlay with de-interlacing throws my hardware for a loop. I'll let you know. I'm working with RC1 from here on out.
I presume it works fine with DXVA disabled?

EDIT: Also, please do go back and test Beta3 again - as far as I can tell there was not much change at all between B3 and B4. There was a change between B4 and RC1 though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Any ETA to when the website will be back up? Anyone have a direct link to the downloads page?
(2014-04-28, 02:00)jmarshall Wrote: I presume it works fine with DXVA disabled?

EDIT: Also, please do go back and test Beta3 again - as far as I can tell there was not much change at all between B3 and B4. There was a change between B4 and RC1 though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Well, under the Video Settings under 'Acceleration' (Expert mode) these are my current settings:
Render Method: Auto detect
-Enable HQ Scalers for scalings above: 0%
Decoding Method: Hardware Accelerated
Allow Hardware acceleration (DXVA2): Enabled

I don't believe I changed these between installations.

I'll go back to B3 and try it out again. Do I just run the installer over the old one?
(2014-04-28, 02:16)xecutionx Wrote: Any ETA to when the website will be back up? Anyone have a direct link to the downloads page?
A link was posted to the mirror earlier so I'll repost it http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/
Oh yeah...Beta 3 works fine. I only turned on the de-interlacing between the two.
Quote:Oh yeah...Beta 3 works fine. I only turned on the de-interlacing between the two.

Does this mean that you tried Beta3 with deinterlacing using the same files as you had crashes with using Beta4 or RC1 and it didn't crash?

Well, that's bizarre.
This one video I have plays fine until about a half an hour in. Then it behaves as I've described: the de-interlacing causes choppy video, and if I bring up the overlay it crashes.

However, the other interlaced videos I've been testing with were crashing on B4, but not B3.

(2014-04-28, 02:36)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:Oh yeah...Beta 3 works fine. I only turned on the de-interlacing between the two.

Does this mean that you tried Beta3 with deinterlacing using the same files as you had crashes with using Beta4 or RC1 and it didn't crash?

Precisely.

Specifically, "Thomas and the Magic Railroad.mkv" (in my logfile) is the movie that's working fine for 1/2 hour, then crashing. And I'm finding it does that on B3, B4, and RC1.

But other videos I've been testing with work on B3 and not B4/RC1. All the videos I've tested have all been 480i videos.
I could roll back to Frodo 12.2 to see if the Thomas movie works there.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It seems as though I wasn't playing some of these test videos long enough. It seems all of them are playing fine for an initial period with the de-interlacing enabled on Gotham B3. Then they crash. I've tried playing the same video file via uPnP on another computer with Gotham RC1 installed. They seem to play fine with de-interlacing enabled. I'm starting to think it may be an issue unique to my hardware.
Does it make any difference if you selected different render methods: DXVA, DXVA-HD? Please post a debug log which shows a crash.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2